2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Hi, I'm new here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Hi, I'm new here.

Hello all! I've been stalking these posts for weeks now, and couldn't wait any longer to sign up. I ordered a Black Crystal Pearl M/T Navi on september 6, and it finally came in last week. I went to the dealership to see it and there it was parked behind an identical fit in Sensation Blue! Oh what a color! So after losing sleep for a couple nights I finally called my dealer and begged for a switch.

Luckily, the guy who was buying that car had cancelled his order! So I got it! I'm picking it up this week.

Anywho, as I was saying I've been stalking these forums, and my first order of business is to get a weighted shift knob (skunk2, already ordered) and I'm taking it for tints asap.

Now, for my questions:

-I've got some Thule racks with 50" load bars, 2 bike racks and 2 snowboard/ski racks. Has anyone had experience putting racks on the GE8? Does Thule make feet that fit? Will the racks eff up my paint?

-I was looking at the Tanabe touring medallion exhaust (better engine breathing but not so loud), and some sort of increased flow air filter. But Tanabe doesn't seem to be making anything to fit this model yet except what JDM DOHC SiR has posted (which i can't seem to find again) and I have no clue what to get in the way of air flow.

Should I get a fuel rail?
http://www.skunk2.com/engine-2.php?code=FUEL

How much does all this stuff cost?

Should I just wait until there are more products available?

Any and all help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by what?; 10-05-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Congrats, man. Enjoy the ride. Sounds like you've got GAS.. Gear acquisition Syndrome.. LOL

Old 10-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Ha! dayum straight, especially since I'm coming from a 1996 lincoln town car. [diamond anniversary edition if you were wondering] so things like performance, handling, stick shifts, are all going to be brand spanking new to me.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:39 PM
that blue sensation is very nice. i have the black but wouldn't mind having the blue.

congrats on the new ride.

tint is a must. i'm waiting to get mine tinted. as others have said, so many windows it's like a greenhouse.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by what?
Hello all! I've been stalking these posts for weeks now, and couldn't wait any longer to sign up. I ordered a Black Crystal Pearl M/T Navi on september 6, and it finally came in last week. I went to the dealership to see it and there it was parked behind an identical fit in Sensation Blue! Oh what a color! So after losing sleep for a couple nights I finally called my dealer and begged for a switch.

Luckily, the guy who was buying that car had cancelled his order! So I got it! I'm picking it up this week.

Anywho, as I was saying I've been stalking these forums, and my first order of business is to get a weighted shift knob (skunk2, already ordered) and I'm taking it for tints asap.

Now, for my questions:

-I've got some Thule racks with 50" load bars, 2 bike racks and 2 snowboard/ski racks. Has anyone had experience putting racks on the GE8? Does Thule make feet that fit? Will the racks eff up my paint?

-I was looking at the Tanabe touring medallion exhaust (better engine breathing but not so loud), and some sort of increased flow air filter. But Tanabe doesn't seem to be making anything to fit this model yet except what JDM DOHC SiR has posted (which i can't seem to find again) and I have no clue what to get in the way of air flow.

Should I get a fuel rail?
http://www.skunk2.com/engine-2.php?code=FUEL

How much does all this stuff cost?

Should I just wait until there are more products available?

Any and all help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
tanabe will be releasing their exhaust for the fit shortly and all I can say is that their quality is top notch! If you were in the socal area, I would totally let you check it out in real life!