2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove 08 Sport AT...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd
really?
i'm sorry but if i didn't like my choice in car i wouldn't be on this forum.
if you don't think it's a cool car and fun to drive, you should probably never log back in
I like my Fit very much, but compared to my other autos I don't think it is fun to drive (it would be if i tore it up). It is nice to park, nice too fill up, and I still enjoy some of this forum. It seems like some guys get mad when we bash on our own autos for fun. I never thought I'd buy a *** little FWD vehicle, but with gas the way it is I'm really enjoying it. I like all the glass. Coming from driving a 300zx it is panoramic. Really a good car. You don't have to have fun in it to like it. If you do GREAT! It is funny with expensive gas real car guys are buying dork cars, and enjoying it

Old 10-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd
really?
i'm sorry but if i didn't like my choice in car i wouldn't be on this forum.
if you don't think it's a cool car and fun to drive, you should probably never log back in
i like my choice in my future purchase of a Fit, im just not on the same level as people who think the Fit is fast in any way. or people who buy it for 'lateral G's'.

theres some good looking modded Fits on the board. im just saying i would never mod the performance aspect of my Fit & think it was fast. or think because i threw some springs on, all of a sudden my scaled down mini-van can pull mad G's yo!

Old 10-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
First of all, the steering feels less artificial, especially more towards lock, where the 09s' get light and artificial. The 08's steering feels heavier and although it's ratio is less quick by 0.1, it feels as if it's quicker, and the chassis responds twice as quick as the 09s. Makes for a noticeable boost in driving fun.

The 09s have electric speed-sensitive power steering. This is probably why it feels so different from the 08s.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:08 PM
h2o
Originally Posted by MPGASAP
A miata is many times better a performance car than a fit or SI. (I do own a fit and would never buy a miata) It is the best entry level club racer available for the money. Go to the autocross and watch a modded miata and then laugh at a modded fit.
Not trying to compare a Fit to a Miata, but IMHO, neither one offers "high performance" stock. Both are fun to drive cars, and Miata does perform better for its platform and performance. My point is, "fun to drive" do not necessarily equal to "competition". A HPDE trackday isn't a race, but for people to bring their cars to have fun with legally and testing their cars potential in a safer environment.

Autocross is fun, been to a few years ago, it is just different but I do prefer track for obvious reasons.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
**** power steering. **** it its stupid ass. my car is less than 2500lbs. I'd just turn it myself if I could.

it is awesome not having power steering on a small car. it in no way feels like broken power steering. just a little stiff parking. not good for old ladies, but awesome!

Last edited by MPGASAP; 10-06-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:13 PM
h2o
It is funny with expensive gas real car guys are buying dork cars, and enjoying it
QFT (quote for truth).

I've had modified WRX, STI and S2000 and this 09 Fit is for my wife.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by h2o
Not trying to compare a Fit to a Miata, but IMHO, neither one offers "high performance" stock. Both are fun to drive cars, and Miata does perform better for its platform and performance. My point is, "fun to drive" do not necessarily equal to "competition". A HPDE trackday isn't a race, but for people to bring their cars to have fun with legally and testing their cars potential in a safer environment.

Autocross is fun, been to a few years ago, it is just different but I do prefer track for obvious reasons.
Agreed! ------- Where are you doing your practice h2o

Old 10-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by h2o

i guess the only reason i say its not 'fun to drive' IMO is because i relate the Fit to my wifes 07 civic. never have i gotten out of it after driving saying, 'wow, was that fun.' i mean the shit has NO punch, horrible body roll etc. i just dont get any joy out of it.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sofa king
i guess the only reason i say its not 'fun to drive' IMO is because i relate the Fit to my wifes 07 civic. never have i gotten out of it after driving saying, 'wow, was that fun.' i mean the shit has NO punch, horrible body roll etc. i just dont get any joy out of it.
steal a couple trays from taco bell. go to a mall parking lot, and strap them too your rear tires = fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4vSGsBTWbo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgePt...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVP_x...eature=related

how not to do it = not fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwp74...eature=related

Last edited by MPGASAP; 10-06-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:20 PM
steal a couple trays from taco bell. go to a mall parking lot, and strap them too your rear tires = fun
thats if i can get it to go fast enough.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Old 10-06-2008, 04:34 PM
h2o
Agreed! ------- Where are you doing your practice h2o
Used to go to most tracks in Cali but my favorite one is still Laguna Seca. I did go to Willowspring's Streets of Willow track a lot but haven't been to any for awhile due to busy schedule and increasing cost of attending one.

That's my S at Buttonwillow Raceway.

http://www.aprperformance.com/index....1&key=20&hit=1

Old 10-06-2008, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by h2o
Used to go to most tracks in Cali but my favorite one is still Laguna Seca. I did go to Willowspring's Streets of Willow track a lot but haven't been to any for awhile due to busy schedule and increasing cost of attending one.

That's my S at Buttonwillow Raceway.

http://www.aprperformance.com/index....1&key=20&hit=1

Any in texas before? if you don't mind saying, what does something like Laguna Seca cost? Day or Weekend event?

Last edited by MPGASAP; 10-06-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:41 PM
h2o
Any in texas before?
No, I haven't been to Texas and don't think trackdays are as popular there as in California.

Price wise, you can check these organizers out.

http://speedventures.com/
http://redlinetimeattack.com/

Old 10-06-2008, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FiveFreshFish
The 09s have electric speed-sensitive power steering. This is probably why it feels so different from the 08s.
Both Fits have EPS. But to me the 07-08s steering has more feel and is heavier toward lock and at parking speeds.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Both Fits have EPS. But to me the 07-08s steering has more feel and is heavier toward lock and at parking speeds.
Oops, I misread the article. It says revised for 09.
The 2009 Fit's revised electric vehicle-speed-sensitive power steering has a quicker ratio than before, and some drivers may be surprised at how quick the steering is when making a sudden turn.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Welcome and hopefully you'll have your Fit by now?

I really agree with the body roll. It's bad. But I don't think the Fit is made for turning that sharply at such high speeds, but sometimes I do it when I'm late for work.