2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Hot to install a Cusco Front tower bar in a GE8

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cderalow
meaning the cusco is offset from the strut towers rather than in line or connecting them. this means it doesn't provide as much lateral stiffness, and is really more for show than actual reinforcement.

yes it does provide some stiffness, but nowhere near as much as a bar that connects the two struts or is in line with them using other stiff chassis points to connect.
I have to agree here...I`m no structural engineer but based on what me and a few friends have seen of the Cusco strut bar for the GE8...it`s not very effective. This is kind of strange for Cusco because they typically make quality well designed products.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:47 AM
xm8
Who makes a strut bar for the GE8 that is in line and connects the strut towers?

Old 10-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by cderalow
meaning the cusco is offset from the strut towers rather than in line or connecting them. this means it doesn't provide as much lateral stiffness, and is really more for show than actual reinforcement.

yes it does provide some stiffness, but nowhere near as much as a bar that connects the two struts or is in line with them using other stiff chassis points to connect.
That may be y their front tower bar is 3 point rather than 2 point? The center portion is bolted on as well. Js front strut is 2 point

Old 10-26-2010, 04:09 AM
xm8
The Cusco is way too close to the master cylinder. Can you even open the master cylinder lid with out removing the Cusco?

Are Cusco & Js the only options?

Old 10-26-2010, 04:56 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xm8
The Cusco is way too close to the master cylinder. Can you even open the master cylinder lid with out removing the Cusco?

don't they come with the bracket to lower the master?
or is it an option?

Old 10-27-2010, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by xm8

There are even more hardcore designs like 4 point front bar which I believe is designed entirely for its purpose but its hell of a job to access to Anything in the engine bay.

There are still other brands available here over in Singapore like Bitto, Summit, Ultra racing,Carbing etc..

Old 10-29-2010, 12:17 AM
xm8
Who makes the best strut bar for the GE8?

Old 10-29-2010, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xm8

really?? all you have to do is loosen the 2 bolts that connect the bar to the brackets then you can access the master cylinder. Should take all of 5 minutes. Honestly though, how often are you going to need to get to open the master cylinder? I'm not saying you should get one but if that's your only reason it's a pretty easy fix!

Old 10-30-2010, 07:36 AM
xm8
It's good to flush the brake fluid every 2 years. Unbolting the bar will probably take a lot more than 5 min with all the cowl pieces that have to be removed.

Taking OEM strut tower bars off Acura Integras take only 5 min. Factory fitment is different from aftermarket fitment.

Last edited by xm8; 10-30-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xm8
It's good to flush the brake fluid every 2 years. Unbolting the bar will probably take a lot more than 5 min with all the cowl pieces that have to be removed.

Taking OEM strut tower bars off Acura Integras take only 5 min. Factory fitment is different from aftermarket fitment.

You only have to remove the cowl pieces when you first install the bar. Maybe you misread my post take a look at the pics and you'll see what I'm trying to say.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by AshPanda
well there is a offset bracket that i am still waiting on to fix the brake res problem. the front bar wasn't saposed to fit but it did. and it made a world of a difference, more responsive steering. i love it

I'm not sure why it is there but it had hardware and was in the instuctions
Where did you end up getting the offset bracket? I installed the cusco on my 2009 sport and I want to lower the brake res as well.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by AshPanda
well there is a offset bracket that i am still waiting on to fix the brake res problem. the front bar wasn't saposed to fit but it did. and it made a world of a difference, more responsive steering. i love it

I'm not sure why it is there but it had hardware and was in the instuctions
where can I find the offset bracket? I can't seem to find it on the web anywhere.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xm8

yeah i agree more with you, might as well install if cusco supplied you with one

Originally Posted by niko3257
don't they come with the bracket to lower the master?
or is it an option?
it should come with the strut tower when you buy it.

Originally Posted by Anton Major
where can I find the offset bracket? I can't seem to find it on the web anywhere.
both of these guys are kinda right in a way... you don't exactly need one imo, butif you have one, it literally only takes a few minutes to install if you are already doing your strut tower

Old 08-23-2016, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
oh crap so this is how you do it, i bolted it to the wrong bolts! i did the inner ones!