2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What to do?....incompetent service department

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 07:24 PM
What to do?....incompetent service department

Hi....I hate to complain, and would like to get on with life but I'm looking for some advice.

I had my fit worked on to get some minor interior parts replaced, and they just ended up making it worse. I brought it back for them to fix again, they still screwed things up. Brought it back again, and finally fixed most of what I wanted done in the first place, but scratched my dash again in a different place (the passenger airbag panel this time).
The dealer is sick of me bringing it back in, and I am more than sick of driving it a 1/2 hour to their shop and back. The dealership has been extremely courteous, but the quality of their service dept blows.

1. Brought in to get heater dial face replaced along with lower steering column panel (both scratched on delivery)

2. Scratched the dash and outsourced a company to come in and touch it up (got overspray all over). Made pry mark on side of stereo in upper glove box.

3. Guy from the company tried to do a better job, meanwhile scratched the three heater knobs trying to get the overspray off and made them shiny instead of matte black. Overspray did not come off either.

4. Finally replaced the three Knobs with brand new parts and scratched the dash (again)

I don't know what to do at this point. They have been courteous to me so far, and I planned on using this dealer for all my service. They are supposed to be the best around. They have been a Honda Dealer since '64.

I don't even want to call them again about this, but it will suck having to live with the new scratches. I noticed the new scratches as I drove off the lot yesterday after they had it from Sat-Mon. I've had two loaners from them as well.

I'm tired of it. I do think that they are doing their best to help fix the situation, but its just not up to par.

What would you do at this point? I wonder if Honda of America could help me out. The dealer is going to despise me.

Just because its a inexpensive car doesn't mean I have to settle for sub par service. I'm sure you don't get this type of service at a Porsche dealer.