2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Last night,I managed to push my Fit to 105 mph..Night time..Freeway along I-280..But I only held it for about 10-15 seconds before easing the throttle.. Don't want to be caught by the long arm of Mr. Johnny Law,hehe..Oh,and I did it using the paddle shifters. Hope I'd be able to find a place where I can push my stock Fit to it's limit..and if I get the time for it.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jnesselroad
So far so good. Had all the pieces coming in from different orders, so there was a little bit of wait time. I now have everything installed except the iPod/iPhone cable. I've been playing pandora/my music through Bluetooth until I can pull the unit back out and install it. It's VERY user friendly on everything except setting your presets. I still haven't figured it out in 4 days! Guess I should bust out the manual. The head unit is great though. I would recommend it to anyone. If you have the extra $100, might wanna upgrade to the 8400 just because the screen has a betree resolution (if that matters to you) and it does the "app" thing. If I ever decide I NEED gps, I'll buy the add-on unit. But I have a tomtom and my phone. I rarely go places I don't already know. Bluetooth phone works GREAT too.
Thnks!

can you detail the other pieces you put in?

Speakers:
Amp:
Sub:

Harness / sound proofing and other spare parts that were required:

What dash kit did you use and did you have any install problems?

Did you have to bust out the Dremel tool at any point?

Did you have to upgrade the battery?

I'm right on the verge of ordering everything so any bit of advice will help!

Old 05-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Cocowheat
Dashed in some more JDP goodness.

I love that carbon-fiber radiator plate of yours! Totally gives a kick when you look at the engine bay. Where did you buy that from? I'm looking at the ones from JDP Engineering but I'm still looking for other sources.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
Thnks!

can you detail the other pieces you put in?

Speakers:
Amp:
Sub:

Harness / sound proofing and other spare parts that were required:

What dash kit did you use and did you have any install problems?

Did you have to bust out the Dremel tool at any point?

Did you have to upgrade the battery?

I'm right on the verge of ordering everything so any bit of advice will help!
I used the metra kit, I bought the brake bypass (the tiny one off amazon, not the huge relay off eBay), the harness adaptor, the antenna adaptor, the head unit (obviously), and the iu201v cable. I already had a pioneer 12" thin woofer in the back powered by an Orion amp. I still have a 4-channel amp and a set of Boston pro-series speakers to install up front and I'll prob pick up a cheaper fill set of 6.5" for the rear. I can't decide if I should install the 4" mids or not because it would require some custom fab work on my part and I don't have much time these days. No sound deadening, I just turn the radio up more.

Install was VERY straight forward. Only dremel was to remove the center bar on the metra piece. But you can actually just use a razor blade, but I didn't have one handy that was sharp enough. No new battery or anything, no dimming headlights, no issues at all. Pm me if you have any other questions. If you've ever installed a radio before, I bet this one is easier.

Oh, and since I had installed the steering wheels controls, I also installed the assess aswc. It allows the steering wheels controls to control the pioneer unit. It was only 4 wires and works perfect. But idk if you installed steering wheel controls. I use them more now with the pioneer unit because the volume buttons are small on the 4400bh.

Last edited by jnesselroad; 05-15-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Miki-Mugen
I love that carbon-fiber radiator plate of yours! Totally gives a kick when you look at the engine bay. Where did you buy that from? I'm looking at the ones from JDP Engineering but I'm still looking for other sources.
I got it from JDP. wasn't aware anyone else made one for a USDM fit.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Only took 96 days!

Name:  0b53c385.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  138.5 KB

Old 05-16-2012, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by ImSorryWhat
96 days?!?! Serious? For seat covers?! You're crazy!

Lol j/k. Sound normal for a Clazzio custom order. Mine took about 3 months also.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Miki-Mugen
Last night,I managed to push my Fit to 105 mph..Night time..Freeway along I-280..But I only held it for about 10-15 seconds before easing the throttle.. Don't want to be caught by the long arm of Mr. Johnny Law,hehe..Oh,and I did it using the paddle shifters. Hope I'd be able to find a place where I can push my stock Fit to it's limit..and if I get the time for it.
115 mph is where your ecu will cut fuel. Have fun but be safe. 25+mph over the posted limit is considered reckless driving and you can be arrested for it with heavy fines and suspended license.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by Jamy
115 mph is where your ecu will cut fuel. Have fun but be safe. 25+mph over the posted limit is considered reckless driving and you can be arrested for it with heavy fines and suspended license.
mine kicks at 120 ish

Old 05-16-2012, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
Went a bit crazy after work, drove up to Tokyo and visited a parts shop, ordered a Safety21 10pt works cage and picked up (2) Takata MPH-341 harnesses.

Cage will arrive in 2 to 3 weeks. Now need to go officially change my car's title to a 2 seater.

Name:  6dac8f65.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  362.3 KB

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 05-16-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
Made progress on my LS460 Retro

Old 05-16-2012, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Went a bit crazy after work, drove up to Tokyo and visited a parts shop, ordered a Safety21 10pt works cage and picked up (2) Takata MPH-341 harnesses.
But it's by Cusco. You'll diiiiiie.

Awesome purchase. I want one too. It's not regulation diameter over here, but who cares. It's going to hold up better than the Fit without one. Even the blue "toy" models. Would I put it on my 4000 lb muscle car? No, but the Fit doesn't weigh much, and isn't fast.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:38 AM
555 Are you doing the cage with DOM? What material, chromoly?

10pts will be a heavy sucker and will raise your CoM.

Though in the event it goes rubber side up I'm sure that will be the last of your worries. lol

Old 05-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Ordered replacment headlight bulbs, fog light bulbs, 194's and 3 festoons. I've only had my Fit for a week and a half so I'm starting slow.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Don't laugh at me too much but...

I had the winter rubber mats in the shower to give them a good wash. I had my nylon brush ready to go. Rinsed them off and realized I had no soap. I reached under the sink cabinet and grabbed what was there...

My wife's hand soap refill bottle. ( Jeez she'll kill me if she finds out)

Dumped a whack of it on the mats and went to town.

Something in the soap ( aloe? oils? coconut oil? who knows....) but the darn things came out clean and soft and BLACK again. As if they had been conditioned without any oily residue...

I wonder if I can keep doing this without her knowing....

Old 05-16-2012, 08:27 PM

I had the winter rubber mats in the shower to give them a good wash. I had my nylon brush ready to go. Rinsed them off and realized I had no soap. I reached under the sink cabinet and grabbed what was there...

Something in the soap ( aloe? oils? coconut oil? who knows....) but the darn things came out clean and soft and BLACK again. As if they had been conditioned without any oily residue...

LoL good laugh sometimes a good idea comes from weird situations and you cant deny what works haha

Old 05-16-2012, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by x4x5x1x
Ordered replacment headlight bulbs, fog light bulbs, 194's and 3 festoons. I've only had my Fit for a week and a half so I'm starting slow.
Same here. Definitely going very slow.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:58 PM

dry em off with those useless decorative/ guest towels....she'll never know

Old 05-17-2012, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member

Avoid sleeping on the sofa and use mother's "back to black" conditioner. I use it on all of the exterior black pieces and I would imagine it would get your mats... back to black.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:20 AM

Imagine that. Soap cleans? NO WAYYY!!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?