2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
Another JDM impulse buy. Something to go in one of the 8 cupholders I don't use. I don't smoke in my car, but maybe it will make a nice receipt collector trashcan. The LED adds to the mood. More to come!

Name:  seiwaashtray.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  51.8 KB

Old 05-17-2012, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Made more progress on my LS retrofit.
Dropped the car off at my painter. It's only two weeks old!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:32 AM
Simon Cat-ted and installed the Mugen Visor

Old 05-18-2012, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
I added the 2012 center console panel cover (the one with the light) to my 2009, swapped the bulb to blue LED to match the Homelink console, and tapped them in.

Also gave her a quick wash.

And picking up new wheels (dailies) for her tomorrow.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Patiently waiting at UPS pick-up for my new K&N filter...

Old 05-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Spent 3 hours today washing the Fit up and detailing the interior. Topping it off with a scented pine tree freshener.

Here in a couple of weeks I will be ordering a wing spoiler, center console armrest and a windshield shade.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Vinyl for my hood arrived today. Im gonna need help putting this on

Old 05-18-2012, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
Had to get a new windshield installed today due to a large crack from a rock on the highway. They didn't have oem in stock, but damn, glass for these cars is expensive. All they had was a pilkington with the tinted blue shade at the top. Looks kind of cool with the blue theme the interior usdm Fits have. We'll see how it holds up.

Also, got a new small Garmin unit I will be mounting somewhere on the dash this evening. Will post pics of both things soon.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
I added the 2012 center console panel cover (the one with the light) to my 2009, swapped the bulb to blue LED to match the Homelink console, and tapped them in.

Also gave her a quick wash.

And picking up new wheels (dailies) for her tomorrow.
where did you tapped it into? and how hard was the install for the homelink?

Old 05-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Finally ditched my dealership plate frames after two years and threw on my Grassroots Motorsports frame, left the front frameless.

Actually pressure washed my engine bay at a wash stall. I think I took longer spraying the bay down than I did on the rest of the car. People looked at me funny when I popped the hood to clean

Old 05-18-2012, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
Had to get a new windshield installed today due to a large crack from a rock on the highway. They didn't have oem in stock, but damn, glass for these cars is expensive. All they had was a pilkington with the tinted blue shade at the top. Looks kind of cool with the blue theme the interior usdm Fits have. We'll see how it holds up.

Also, got a new small Garmin unit I will be mounting somewhere on the dash this evening. Will post pics of both things soon.
Mount in the tach pod. Or in the fuel gauge pod. If you mount it high enough in the fuel gauge pod, you'll be able to see when the low fuel light comes on (at least the yellow glow of it). There really isn't anything important in the fuel gauge pod.

Windshield with a tint at the top? Hum... *must not jinx myself*

Old 05-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Received and plugged in my ultragauge. Now I just need to figure out where to mount it so that it doesn't look like a gps to passerbys.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by malraux
Received and plugged in my ultragauge. Now I just need to figure out where to mount it so that it doesn't look like a gps to passerbys.
Dunno... I just mounted mine to the quarter glass. Put the suction cup at the top of the glass aand bend the arm until it reaches around the "a piller." By making the gauge as close as can be towards you, you should have no problem with tucking the wire down the inside of the rubber strip. Once it gets below the dash, its easy tucking it behind the lower dash panels.

It'll probably look like a GPS to anyone that can see it. But in that position, it should be relatively hard for anyone to actually see it.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Mount in the tach pod. Or in the fuel gauge pod. If you mount it high enough in the fuel gauge pod, you'll be able to see when the low fuel light comes on (at least the yellow glow of it). There really isn't anything important in the fuel gauge pod.

Windshield with a tint at the top? Hum... *must not jinx myself*
Oh, I got a spot all picked out for it. Part of the whole carefully planned interior redo. I don't need to touch the thing much. Just see a map occasionally, or use the "take me back home" button haha. Theft is of little concern to me. I have about the most secure car-ownership situation I can imagine *knocks on wood. If I do go out on the town, or park somewhere at night, it should easily clip off. Going to order an ultragauge too, probably next month, and am going to put it on my Brodit pillar mount I am using for my cell phone currently.

I want it to be super-techno in there. I'm a minimalist at heart, but the Fit's interior design, with the tiered dash, cup holders and vast dashboard real estate make me want to fill it with gadgets and lights. I remember the real rice boy days, and am bringing it back. haha

EDIT: Pics!

Windshield band. You don't notice it much when inside the car because the sky is blue also. At sunset it is more noticeable, as seen. I think I like the subtle change.

Name:  windshield1.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  23.3 KB

Name:  windshield2.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  44.3 KB

Now for the GPS. I put it in the intended/planned location and went for a night test drive to see if it was ergonomic and didn't interfere with my line of site. It is per-fect. I can also rest my hand on the center vent cover to steady it while pressing buttons. Just have to lean forward slightly. Things you should do while stopped anyways. Not a conventional spot to mount a portable really, but I was surprised at how well the test drive went. One reason I got this is for night driving. My eyes are getting worse with age and driving at night is becoming a bit of a problem. It always has been, so I'm just unfortunate in that part of the gene pool. This puts me at ease, and the little mph display in the corner, as well as the compass, are all worth the price alone. Not bad for ~$60 with lifetime maps. The silver trim matches the interior too. MUCH better for daily use than my smart phone. That thing is not accurate, fast, or loaded with as many map features. Plus battery power, and a general hassle of loading the app up, turning on the satellite connection, etc. I even loaded a mini GE FIT into the display vehicle that someone made on the internet. Wtf? That is pretty awesome.

Name:  garmin.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  50.9 KB

Last edited by hayden; 05-19-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
Replaced the brake master cylinder with J's reworked master cylinder. Pedal feel is fantastic and in 8.5 hours will get a real feel out on circuit.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Washed it! so clean :P

Old 05-19-2012, 01:51 PM
I ordered the UltraGauge for my 2012 Sport early this morning. I like buying new toys for my FIT.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Replaced the brake master cylinder with J's reworked master cylinder. Pedal feel is fantastic and in 8.5 hours will get a real feel out on circuit.
Saw that. Hope it works much better than the OEM one

Old 05-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Carbon fiber vinyl from headlight armor.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
^ Looks good! Related question: Should I wrap the hood of my crystal black pearl in flat black vinyl? Seen pictures of that done on some porsches and lamborghinis and such and really like it.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?