2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Did a drain and fill of my AT transmission fluid last night, took about 45 mins. I think will do this every other oil change from now on. Also changed my oil mid last week.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
Did STI lip Part Deux first one took on a retread and lost. Plan on doing Plasti-dip front lower grille and back diffuser next. Also contacted Chris at RedShift to get a set of Koni rear sport shocks may go down there to pick up so I can install over the weekend.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:19 AM
That seems a bit excessive to me on the AT fluid changing schedule. Do you really feel like it will provide that much benefit? Or do you just need an extra 45 minutes of alone time in the garage every so often?

Old 06-20-2013, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
Changing transmission fluid that often is ridiculous. AT should have their fluid changed more often than a MT, but MAYBE once a year if you drive it really really hard or something. Transmission fluid doesn't get nearly as hot as engine oil therefore it lasts waaaaaaaay longer.

Also everyone keeps saying Mugen -lip-. It's not a lip, it's an entire bumper cover (<- that's another common mistake, people always call the plastic part the bumper, but it's a bumper cover. The bumper is the metal bar behind the plastic). The mugen bumper cover just hangs low and has a cool lower design, but a lip would be a separate piece, i.e. the STi lip.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
Since we're talking about A/Ts...

I thought I'd ask any fellow A/T owners if they ever experience a rubbery kinda crunch from what sounds like the brakes when the transmission is cold and they go from R to D. Happens to me everyday, but only the first time in the day.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55

I thought I'd ask any fellow A/T owners if they ever experience a rubbery kinda crunch from what sounds like the brakes when the transmission is cold and they go from R to D. Happens to me everyday, but only the first time in the day.
Not from the Fit but my body makes weird sounds when I haul it out of bed in the morning especially after a day of crawling under the Fit dash for another what can I screw up today project.

bill

Old 06-20-2013, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Not from the Fit but my body makes weird sounds when I haul it out of bed in the morning especially after a day of crawling under the Fit dash for another what can I screw up today project.

bill
LOL, I'll be doing a lot of that in a couple weeks when I screw around with the climate control.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member

I've noticed this also, I figured it was an auto thing since this is my first automatic car.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member

I've heard it's the rear brake shoes making the noise

Old 06-20-2013, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
I could swear its coming from the front brakes though. Either way, how do you explain why it only happens first thing in the morning? High idle rpm?

Old 06-20-2013, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe we are hearing a different noise. My brake shoes make the noise backing up then starting to drive forward. Like the shoes are flexing backwards in reverse then returning to normal when I start to move forward

Old 06-20-2013, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Speedlimitz
Maybe we are hearing a different noise. My brake shoes make the noise backing up then starting to drive forward. Like the shoes are flexing backwards in reverse then returning to normal when I start to move forward

Hmm mine sounds like that too, but only makes the sound when the transmission is going from R to D. I can also feel the car trying to lurch forward as well.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member

I get this too. I thought because it was cold

Old 06-21-2013, 12:30 AM
Banned
I could swear its coming from the front brakes though. Either way, how do you explain why it only happens first thing in the morning? High idle rpm?
If it is humid or driven hard and put away the pads "stick" to the rotors. what you are hearing is the pads breaking loose.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Speedlimitz

That is exactly what is happening. They are not hard mounted so they can move and adjust themselves with the movement.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:21 AM
Had a little fit meet today!

need more people !

Old 06-21-2013, 01:36 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ef9agent
I've noticed this also, I figured it was an auto thing since this is my first automatic car.
Hmm mine sounds like that too, but only makes the sound when the transmission is going from R to D. I can also feel the car trying to lurch forward as well.
I have this same problem but only when the engine is cold, I believe it is coming from the axles engaging into drive mode

What I have noticed is that if I make sure to come to a complete stop and then switch to D it doesn't happen. If I roll back slightly and then into D directly I will hear this sound

Old 06-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Took the long route into work today and had fun on Skyline and Kings Road.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by A-Diggy
Took the long route into work today and had fun on Skyline and Kings Road.
been thinking of heading up there on a long lunch break lol

Old 06-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Hit by a charging Ram

I took my car in for repair estimates after being hit by a charging Ram in a local Rec Park.

In a lot of pain but no broken bones!

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5490/9...4c2336d8_b.jpg

Last edited by tfmartin; 06-21-2013 at 04:58 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?