2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Yep, that'll do it.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
Nice front and rear flaps. What did you use?

Old 03-04-2014, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
ive only gotten stuck a couple times in deep snow, and i was able to get out without pushing. just by rocking the car back and forth until i "swung" myself out of the rut. of course it helps to have winter tires too.

I think there are advantages and disadvantages to both MT and AT. I wish people would stop hating on AT like they have something to prove. its not like AT users are running around bashing MT.
We had a hell of a winter up here. More snow than I've seen in 12 years living up here. Also couldn't get winter tires for a variety of reasons, but mostly because the only thing most shops carry up here are truck tires. If you've ever come up north, you know why. For those who haven't been here, of the 20 houses on two blocks on my street, three have cars, the rest are all trucks.

Originally Posted by Fit Charlie
spryter- take your battery inside for the night until you can replace it. it'll stay warm and there won't be any drains on it. It'll also stop abusing an awesome sounding neighbor.
Unfortunately, if I unhook the battery, the really crap aftermarket car starter goes nuts, then the dealer's associate aftermarket shop (which actually deals with trucks) charges me $50 to fix it. Last time I get one of those remote starters ever.

To clarify, "Going nuts" means:
- Car starts itself
- Cannot make the car turn off by putting the key in, pressing the brake and pulling the key out like normal. You HAVE to grind the starter to make it shut off.
- If the above happens, you can unlock the door with the key, and drive the car with the key not in the ignition.

It happened three months after I got it, and they refused to take it back and give me a refund, and wanted to charge me shop labour to remove it.

The guy that keeps boosting my car is from a towing company. I got the five year Honda Plus with my car, and I'm getting my money's worth out of it. Free boosts whenever I need them . Got the neighbour to do it a couple times, and he was nice enough to let me park in his driveway for a couple weeks. He also pulled us out of the snow with his car about five times. So we got him a six pack of good beer (well, six bottles of Inis & Gunn. I've never seen an actual sixer of it.) and a gas card for all the help.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Nice front and rear flaps. What did you use?
Recycled Tivar UHMW Sheet Stock by TIVAR - Plastic Sheets, Film, and Flat Stock by Zoro Tools Industrial Supplies

PM me if you would like a .DWG template of the flaps.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:52 PM
lowered

Installed new front axle.
found out that was what caused all the vibration after i lowered my fit. Tein S Tech.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:02 PM
I had my side view mirrors and handles wrapped!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by CMartinez; 03-04-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
Played with some red vinyl this past weekend. need to get a different vinyl since this one wasn't "red" enough. Prob will follow the body line on the next go round instead of going around/above the blinker/reverse light area.

Name:  image_zps0e85eec4.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  63.6 KB

Name:  image_zpscb92d6e4.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  65.9 KB

Name:  image_zps7d366dc0.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  67.3 KB

Old 03-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Nomar
Played with some red vinyl this past weekend. need to get a different vinyl since this one wasn't "red" enough. Prob will follow the body line on the next go round instead of going around/above the blinker/reverse light area.

Looks nice. Where did you get the Vinyl?

Old 03-04-2014, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by HondaHoss
found out that was what caused all the vibration after i lowered my fit. Tein S Tech.
wait wha? what caused the axle to go? was it because of the alignment?

Old 03-05-2014, 03:08 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by HondaHoss
I'm guessing you might have damaged it while installing your front springs, I did almost something similar when I installed mine.

Originally Posted by CMartinez
I had my side view mirrors and handles wrapped
Looks good Chris, ties your whole theme together well.

Originally Posted by Nomar
Nice job, I really like the originality and it goes well with your MR

Old 03-05-2014, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
spryter- That's BS! Those guys are awful.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spryter
We had a hell of a winter up here. More snow than I've seen in 12 years living up here. Also couldn't get winter tires for a variety of reasons, but mostly because the only thing most shops carry up here are truck tires. If you've ever come up north, you know why. For those who haven't been here, of the 20 houses on two blocks on my street, three have cars, the rest are all trucks.

Unfortunately, if I unhook the battery, the really crap aftermarket car starter goes nuts, then the dealer's associate aftermarket shop (which actually deals with trucks) charges me $50 to fix it. Last time I get one of those remote starters ever.

To clarify, "Going nuts" means:
- Car starts itself
- Cannot make the car turn off by putting the key in, pressing the brake and pulling the key out like normal. You HAVE to grind the starter to make it shut off.
- If the above happens, you can unlock the door with the key, and drive the car with the key not in the ignition.

It happened three months after I got it, and they refused to take it back and give me a refund, and wanted to charge me shop labour to remove it.

The guy that keeps boosting my car is from a towing company. I got the five year Honda Plus with my car, and I'm getting my money's worth out of it. Free boosts whenever I need them . Got the neighbour to do it a couple times, and he was nice enough to let me park in his driveway for a couple weeks. He also pulled us out of the snow with his car about five times. So we got him a six pack of good beer (well, six bottles of Inis & Gunn. I've never seen an actual sixer of it.) and a gas card for all the help.

I think I know what you mean. Edmonton is pretty truck townish itself also. This coming from a guy that grew up in Vancouver though lol. All those enormous trucks are probably a lot more useful up there unlike in the city here where most of the truck drivers just want to be douches (ie. racing, cutting people off, taking 4 parking spaces, general stupidity, etc.). A lot of them are clearly compensating for something.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Not much progress :/ Added on headers. Waiting on dash&ECU and then test fit should finally happen. Then it'll be measurements for custom axles. Hoping all goes as planned!

Old 03-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by EnticedByTiffany
Not much progress :/ Added on headers. Waiting on dash&ECU and then test fit should finally happen. Then it'll be measurements for custom axles. Hoping all goes as planned!

Should be able to use stock EP3 axles.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by 13fit
Should be able to use stock EP3 axles.
Thanks for the tip! Will look into it!

Old 03-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by EnticedByTiffany
Thanks for the tip! Will look into it!
double check spline count and shaft diameter

Old 03-06-2014, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member

Did this... in the freezing cold (just now, after work).

I was bored and had bought this a while back, just never got around to installing it.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
I hadn't washed the Fit all winter so I figured I'd take advantage of some great weather and get it cleaned up for some pictures.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ Sweeeet car. PF01SS?

Old 03-06-2014, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
^^^ Sweeeet car. PF01SS?
Just regular PF01s powdercoated gloss back. Moving on to something else soon!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?