2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
2 things for today:

addition to:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1354147

Started all new:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...iator-fan.html

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 09-12-2016 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
Its been a long while since i've been on here, but I finally ordered some more parts for my car, should have everything by next Thursday. I'll post pic then or sooner

Also BMW keep up the great work, I'm loving your car more and more.

Old 09-13-2016, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by swflej1
Its been a long while since i've been on here, but I finally ordered some more parts for my car, should have everything by next Thursday. I'll post pic then or sooner

Also BMW keep up the great work, I'm loving your car more and more.
Hi swflej1,
glad to hear from you again,
May I know what parts that you order for your car?
I am sure you are excited and can't wait for next Thursday

I am currently waiting for UPS on Friday for the Earl's sandwich adapter so I can decide the angle of the Goodridge fitting needed and how long the Goodridge 910 hose needed,... I can't wait for my parts to arrive too

Old 09-13-2016, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Well, the pockets are empty now lol... I am debating between bilsteins or a set up similar to burzpaw. Comfort is important to me so im still on the swifts for now. But id love to have lower ride height most of the time.
Yeha I'm on swifts as well and am yearning for more drop, like another 18-20mm to get rid of the wheel gap. Bilsteins have a max drop of 50mm (~2in) so dropping to like 40-45mm would be perfect I feel. Air bags are sweet but cant justify the cost/loss of trunk space. Dont get me wrong I think they are sweet....just wont work for me or my wallet haha.

Originally Posted by counterFIT
Just stumbled across the perfect wheel (IMO, and for under $1k). The 949Racing 6UL. It's designed for the new (2016+) Miata. The 17x8 weighs 14.8lbs, and it has a 45mm offset. Seems pretty solid to me. I think I may work my way up to these
Those are pretty slick. Bronze would be pretty hot on your milano red

Old 09-13-2016, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Hi swflej1,
glad to hear from you again,
May I know what parts that you order for your car?
I am sure you are excited and can't wait for next Thursday

I am currently waiting for UPS on Friday for the Earl's sandwich adapter so I can decide the angle of the Goodridge fitting needed and how long the Goodridge 910 hose needed,... I can't wait for my parts to arrive too
Buddy Extended ball joints
Spoon front sway bar
Blox Rigid collars (it's for the first gen but I wanted to see if they would work)
Shifter extension.

I may a side job so if that pans out I'll going to try to order motor mounts or save for a new intake not sure yet

Old 09-13-2016, 04:35 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by shinjari
Either bronze or tungsten

Old 09-13-2016, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
I frequent Miata boards for my moms Miata. If you want lightweight and affordable consider the advanti Storm s1 or s2, 6UL, or TR motor sports

Btw

ClubRoadster.net

Hell of a deal right there

Old 09-13-2016, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Well, the pockets are empty now lol... I am debating between bilsteins or a set up similar to burzpaw. Comfort is important to me so im still on the swifts for now. But id love to have lower ride height most of the time.

Yeha I'm on swifts as well and am yearning for more drop, like another 18-20mm to get rid of the wheel gap. Bilsteins have a max drop of 50mm (~2in) so dropping to like 40-45mm would be perfect I feel. Air bags are sweet but cant justify the cost/loss of trunk space. Dont get me wrong I think they are sweet....just wont work for me or my wallet haha.

Hi connor55 and shinjari,

I just want to point out that today we have another satisfied Bilstein user:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1354238

Originally Posted by swflej1
Buddy Extended ball joints
Spoon front sway bar
Blox Rigid collars (it's for the first gen but I wanted to see if they would work)
Shifter extension.
I may a side job so if that pans out I'll going to try to order motor mounts or save for a new intake not sure yet
Hi swflej1,
from my past experience,
The Spoon front sway bar will transform your car from a bit of roll in the corner to super flat in the corner with super fast steering response
you will like it for sure

Old 09-13-2016, 08:43 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jbyron
I frequent Miata boards for my moms Miata. If you want lightweight and affordable consider the advanti Storm s1 or s2, 6UL, or TR motor sports

Btw

ClubRoadster.net

Hell of a deal right there
Good suggestions, thanks. I don't have a Club Roadster acct but just from looking at the URL it says SoCal, which means shipping would be crazy. Thanks though

Old 09-13-2016, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Hi connor55 and shinjari,

I just want to point out that today we have another satisfied Bilstein user:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1354238

Hi swflej1,
from my past experience,
The Spoon front sway bar will transform your car from a bit of roll in the corner to super flat in the corner with super fast steering response
you will like it for sure
Both great things to hear!

Where can one get a Spoon FSB? I'm assuming you mean it'll improve the handling in conjunction with the Progress RSB?

Old 09-13-2016, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Both great things to hear!

Where can one get a Spoon FSB? I'm assuming you mean it'll improve the handling in conjunction with the Progress RSB?
I bought it long time ago on sale at GoTuning, I pick it up myself at their facility near Anaheim...
but I don't see they stock the one for Honda Fit GE or Honda CR-Z (same)anymore,
but a quick check show you can get it here:
https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/44891

or

RHDJapan : Spoon Sports Suspension Stabilizer Set - CRZ ZF1 Fit GE8

or

Spoon Sports Front Sway Bar - Honda CR-Z 2011+ | Shop Spoon Sports parts at KamiSpeed.com

I personally recommend rhdjapan as my favorite and direct source,
follow by japanparts to get JDM parts.

never deal with Kamispeed, beside I think at the end it will be cheaper (when you add shipping) to buy from either rhdjapan or japanparts.com

Yes, it really improve handling,
I think the most important handling changes in rank:
#1 is Coilover
#2 is Spoon Front Sway Bar
#3 is Rear Progress Sway Bar (this will make the ride much bumpier in my experience)
#4 is Spoon Rigid collar (but I change this at the same time I change my front lower arm with Insight Aluminum control arm, so the improvement might come from the newer bushing in the new LCA and increase rigidity of the LCA then from the rigid collar)
and I also add the Cusco 4 point bar at the same time...

Best way is to do it one by one, so you can feel the difference each time you add performance parts...
What I did to save money on alignment at that time was
I install the Coil over myself, then drive it to feel the difference
then go to alignment shop that also do suspension and have them change the sway bar for me and then align it...
so when you drive back from the alignment shop, you feel the different with the new sway bar and alignment...

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 09-13-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator
Got these side mirrors on yesterday but had time today to hook them up to my parking lights.

Not a huge fan of the delay switching from turn signal back to parking light but all in all I'm satisfied with them.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
I bought it long time ago on sale at GoTuning, I pick it up myself at their facility near Anaheim...
but I don't see they stock the one for Honda Fit GE or Honda CR-Z (same)anymore,

or

or

Spoon Sports Front Sway Bar - Honda CR-Z 2011+ | Shop Spoon Sports parts at KamiSpeed.com

never deal with Kamispeed, beside I think at the end it will be cheaper (when you add shipping) to buy from either rhdjapan or japanparts.com

#1 is Coilover
#3 is Rear Progress Sway Bar (this will make the ride much bumpier in my experience)
#4 is Spoon Rigid collar (but I change this at the same time I change my front lower arm with Insight Aluminum control arm, so the improvement might come from the newer bushing in the new LCA and increase rigidity of the LCA then from the rigid collar)

Best way is to do it one by one, so you can feel the difference each time you add performance parts...
then go to alignment shop that also do suspension and have them change the sway bar for me and then align it...
so when you drive back from the alignment shop, you feel the different with the new sway bar and alignment...
Ive always been interested in the rigid collars but i heard somewhere that sandwiching a piece of aluminum between steel will promote corrosion. Not something i want to take a chance on with our winters up here.

To get air or bilsteins...if only the coilovers went lower that would make the decision easier lol.

Originally Posted by Burzpaw
Got these side mirrors on yesterday but had time today to hook them up to my parking lights.

Not a huge fan of the delay switching from turn signal back to parking light but all in all I'm satisfied with them.

https://youtu.be/cIs6Na0TUUY
Those look awesome Z! I dont think you can get rid of the delay. Its probably programmed into the control box thats included with those or whatever circuitry is managing the output.

Old 09-14-2016, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator
Those look awesome Z! I dont think you can get rid of the delay. Its probably programmed into the control box thats included with those or whatever circuitry is managing the output.

Thanks man! And ah, I get what you mean; was just thinking if anyone has done any tinkering with stuff like that to bypass it or what not all good though!

Old 09-14-2016, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member

or

or

#1 is Coilover

Well I'm out of order then since I got the RSB already haha. Bilsteins are on the list of upgrades. May have to add the spoon sway in the mix =)

https://youtu.be/cIs6Na0TUUY
Yeah those are pretty slick. I'm sure those were simple to do considering you just wrapped them right? Don't they come in white or black and require paint? Are these the ones easily found on fleabay?

I agree about the delay, kind of weird that theres 4-5 seconds of nothing before the parking lights engage.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member

or

or

For anyone looking for a spoon fsb, both kamispeed and gotuning are out of stock you would have to pre order one and it will take up to 8-10 weeks before they get it in(that is what kamispeed told me. gotuning may be faster idk but it does sound like they try to keep them in stock but they go fast).

I'm trying my luck with AJ'sracing. I know some people haven't had the best of luck so With them, but it was cheaper then get it from the other two site and they had it in stock. It should be here next week I'm hoping

Old 09-14-2016, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah those are pretty slick. I'm sure those were simple to do considering you just wrapped them right? Don't they come in white or black and require paint? Are these the ones easily found on fleabay?

I agree about the delay, kind of weird that theres 4-5 seconds of nothing before the parking lights engage.

Yea, I found these on eBay-- the lister was asking for an extra $50 to paint them but I had a friend who hooked me up with paint. These come unpainted and I painted them black in case I ever take off my vinyl. I might wrap it if ever I feel they should be color matched but I will most likely pay a shop to do it as I still don't have it mastered haha.

Yea-- but I guess as long as they do come on, I can't complain lol.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks man! And ah, I get what you mean; was just thinking if anyone has done any tinkering with stuff like that to bypass it or what not all good though!
Im sure its possible... But you would have to disconnect the circuit boards from the actual leds. Then you would need a series of relays to control the two lights.

That delay is actually doing you a favour though. Turn signal is just an oscillation of on and off, the mirror circuitry doesnt know the difference between the turn signal actually being off or just an off cycle in the middle of flashing. So if it was set up without a delay, it would flash white in between every orange flash, which would look kinda silly imo. You would need a separate module to actually tell it that the turn signal was on so it would know to keep the white light off in between amber flashes.

Think of it as the white light waiting to be sure that turn signal is really off before coming back on.

Last edited by connor55; 09-14-2016 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
Im sure its possible... But you would have to disconnect the circuit boards from the actual leds. Then you would need a series of relays to control the two lights.

That delay is actually doing you a favour though. Turn signal is just an oscillation of on and off, the mirror circuitry doesnt know the difference between the turn signal actually being off or just an off cycle in the middle of flashing. So if it was set up without a delay, it would flash white in between every orange flash, which would look kinda silly imo. You would need a separate module to actually tell it that the turn signal was on so it would know to keep the white light off in between amber flashes.

Think of it as the white light waiting to be sure that turn signal is really off before coming back on.

Ah true-- it's being a gentleman lol

Old 09-14-2016, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
Hahaha yep

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?