2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Many a white tail hanging in barns up on the hill right now. They'll soon be parted out, wrapped and frozen in basement freezer chests. Already had some of this years venison breakfast sausage.

We're gonna need to wait a few months before we start looking at that spring time funk. You're right - most ugly thing to look at.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:13 PM
I've had my Fit for 3 weeks now, 2010 SSM Sport/AT. So far, I've added the following: foglight plastic, plastic mesh behind the lower grille, Philips extreme H4's, 15%(really 18%) tint on all back windows, OEM rubber floor mats, and center armrest. Needless to say this forum was really helpful in choosing these things. College Hills Honda's videos helped as well.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:22 PM
added sport alloys, removed splash guards

Old 01-10-2011, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
I replaced my "OE" H1s with some brighter H1s. Silverstars... lets see how long they last. They're not the Ultras, so hopefully, longer than the H4 Silverstar Ultras I used the Pathfinder.

I was going to take a picture of the light output on the road... but the battery on the camera died. =.=" maybe tomorrow, then I can take a pic at locations I've already used (for comparison).

Old 01-11-2011, 02:39 AM
I've heard of the Silverstar Ultras the other day. Do you find their bulb life shorter than others? Wondering why they don't last long

Old 01-11-2011, 03:31 AM
5 Year Member
I have had Silverstar Ultras in my car and regular Silverstars in our pickup for about 3 years and they work fine...... If they have any skin oil on them they burn up in minutes.. I wonder if the people that have problems have big amplifiers added to their sound systems.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I have had Silverstar Ultras in my car and regular Silverstars in our pickup for about 3 years and they work fine...... If they have any skin oil on them they burn up in minutes.. I wonder if the people that have problems have big amplifiers added to their sound systems.
I tried my best to not touch the glass. The ultras only lasted a few months for me, MUCH MUCH shorter than most other folks.

But you also have to remember... I do deliveries in the evening. I end up turning my lights on and off multiple times a night. Let's put it this way, I averaged 8 deliveries a night and shut off the engine (along with the lights automatically) each time I stop.

So, while most people turn them on and off once or twice a night, I do it up to 20 times.

With the Fit, I leave the engine (and lights) on while dropping off the delivery, so hopefully, it'll save the life of the light (and plus, wear and tear from constantly restarting the car).

In the end, I may be screwed no matter the quality of the bulb.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:44 AM
5 Year Member
I understand well what you are talking about... I did a lot of delivery work in the early morning hours and delivered AutoTraders on call as needed making as many as 100 deliveries on Saturdays.... I remember having to replace sealed beam halogen lights frequently... It got much worse after I put Eibach springs on the front of my VW diesel truck.. The ride was so rough that the jarring on bumpy roads would brake the filaments.. You might consider searching online to see if you can find a good price or maybe a bulk price and do a group buy here, that is if you have time to do so.... If I can get around to it I'll try and see what I can find.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:18 AM
replaced the map/dome lights with LEDs today. much much brighter/whiter.

will be installing piaa fogs and cargo cover cover.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member
Group buy?

Hum... never been part of one. While I understand that plenty of people have done it and been okay with it... I'm not sure I'm okay with it. Let's put it this way, I HATE ebay, and getting burned on an auction a long time ago didn't help matters.

In any case... my personal issues aside, I bought two pairs of H1s. I had intended on changing the high beam bulb too, but couldn't figure out where the wire clip was in the few minutes before I had to meet up with friends. One of them suggested I just keep the other pair of Silverstars on standby for if/when the pair in there burns out.

Like I said, I guess I'll just see how it works out.

ps... since I'm using H1s... probably couldn't do a group buy here anyway, since the OE is H4s. I swapped my housings from the single H4 to dual H1s.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
sharkfin antenna installed

better pics to come. i want to wash my car first and take some better ones with my camera this weekend

Name:  0113111551-00.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  39.4 KB

Name:  0113111550-01.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  0113111550-00.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  24.4 KB

Old 01-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by pinoyfitpilot
better pics to come. i want to wash my car first and take some better ones with my camera this weekend

Your Sharkfin looks great...where did you get it? I got one for my '09 TW Sport from visual garage.com

Old 01-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Alrighty. My Milano Red Fit is still less than a month old. Here is the current list of updates:

Mugen front, side and rear
Mugen exhaust
Honda alloy wheels
Pioneer P3200BT head unit
Weathertech mats
LED dome light from atticus here on FITfreak
LED plate light (atticus' package)

Here are the itemsthat are bought and sitting in my dining room or at the local shop, waiting for install:

ETC from TWPanson here on FITfreak (can't wait to get this installed!)
Window tinting
4x JL Audio speakers
Smoked LED tail lights
LED cargo light (atticus)
LED "FIT" Brake light (atticus)
Sherwood interior trim, Ash Burl
Razo GT Spec pedals and dead pedal
JDM Fit emblem

Future projects still percolating in my head....

Swift springs
Rear sway bar (high on my list)
Clazzio seat covers
T1R lower arm and subframe bars
CAI (Ingen? Tanabe? modified stock? just don't know yet...)
Interior lighting project
Mugen mats for summer
Spoon short antenae
Stealthy subwoofer placement
and last but not least, FITfreak.net decal I love pinoyfitpilot's placement and I may borrow that for my own haha

I'm sure there are some random things I'm forgetting at the moment, but that's a nice little round up of projects. Pics will be coming when the weather clears up a little and after I get a few more things done on it.

Last edited by Tauwolf; 01-13-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Taffeta Fit
Your Sharkfin looks great...where did you get it? I got one for my '09 TW Sport from visual garage.com
I got mine from ebay. the seller's ID is beatsonicusa.

My item was JDM in origin, and cost me about $77 USD. Mine shipped form Japan since he was out of Tidewater colored sharkfins wherever his warehouse is in the US.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Started my FIT this AM with the temp at -4F. Burrr! FIT kicked right over and fired up without a blink. A brief 'warm-up' and off we went.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
wash, clay and wax.

lookin' good. feelin' good.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Started my FIT this AM with the temp at -4F. Burrr! FIT kicked right over and fired up without a blink. A brief 'warm-up' and off we went.
Your battery obviously still retain lots of juice despite the low temp. Reasonably new battery?.

Quick question - as I am a new FIT owner and haven't had a chance to live through the life of a FIT battery yet, how long will a stock FIT battery typically last - 3 to 4 years??

Old 01-15-2011, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ric01
Your battery obviously still retain lots of juice despite the low temp. Reasonably new battery?.

Quick question - as I am a new FIT owner and haven't had a chance to live through the life of a FIT battery yet, how long will a stock FIT battery typically last - 3 to 4 years??
Should last longer than that. Probably 5+ years. I found that with my last Honda (acura Integra), the .5 Farad Cap installed for my stereo made a world of difference when trying to start the car. It gave the integra that extra juice it needed in the -10F degree temps after 8 years on the original Battery.

~SB

Old 01-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Got a Magnaflow muffler installed - sounds sweet and adds some go. Thinking Im going to remove the resonator for a little extra exhausts note.

Then I washed and waxed it! Ohhhh shiny Ive been staring at it all afternoon.

One Grand Blitz Wax is nice.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Looks great in its shiny glory isn't it

On one hand, most of us, FIT owners, like to wash, wax, detail our cars and present our pristine FITs to the outside world while on the other hand, there is a fear in me that I am making my FIT stand out, attractive magnet for thieves to cut out and steal my shiny mufflers, sports rims etc.....sigh....... what to do.... life is a gamble....

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?