2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Frenzal
First MY of Fit in Canada is 2007!! No 2000 Fit here!
But a person could import it, right?

Old 11-06-2018, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
But a person could import it, right?
Possible, but really complicated for just a Fit!
Also, impossible for RHD cars in Quebec. At a certain point, it was possible if the car was 25 years old or more...

Old 11-07-2018, 01:19 AM
Goobers, i have a question about what your Air fuel ratios are like without tuning for the supercharger?. Do you run at lean at all and what are your fuel trims like.

I'm glad you are okay! that sounds super scary! Hopefully you can fix the problem without having to pull the head... If you do be sure to post some pics. I agree with you it does sound like the threads may be done on the number 2 cylinder which would suck.now Im paranoid about my plugs... lol

Last edited by GE8girl22; 11-07-2018 at 01:36 AM.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:44 PM
Installed new seat covers

They look nice, I still need to let them rest , stretch, them tighten them up .

Installed new seat covers.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
Jerry, are those clazzio's?

synthetic leather? or genuine?

Old 11-07-2018, 08:07 PM
Genuine synthetic , but they do look and feel like leather.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JerrySFL
Genuine synthetic , but they do look and feel like leather.
”genuine synthetic” eh? Pretty sure that counts as an oxymoron.

Originally Posted by GE8girl22
Goobers, i have a question about what your Air fuel ratios are like without tuning for the supercharger?. Do you run at lean at all and what are your fuel trims like.

I'm glad you are okay! that sounds super scary! Hopefully you can fix the problem without having to pull the head... If you do be sure to post some pics. I agree with you it does sound like the threads may be done on the number 2 cylinder which would suck.now Im paranoid about my plugs... lol
Depends on what you consider “lean.” It hovers close to 1 (lambda?). More often, it drops as low as 0.937 or something, very rarely into the 0.8xx. And sometimes it goes up to about 1.007 or even more rarely 1.010. So yeah, as ar as the ECM is concerned it’s not lean, but I know some folks consider that “too lean.”

As for the trims, it typically hovers around 10.16. Of course it fluctuates +/-. I saw the short go up to 17 just now and even hit negative at one point.

That said, it’s important to note, I swapped out my fuel pump for a higher flow DW265c. Also of note, I still have the fifth injector from the kit installed, even if it’s not being used. So, I don’t know how sealed that injector is, so I sometimes wonder if any fuel is leaking ever so slightly into the intake due to the higher flow pump.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
Goobers, I look forward to your report on using thread sealant. I'm glad it's working well for spike55 and I look forward to more reports. Our #3 is a problem cylinder. I have to tighten that plug every 25k or so miles. Hope the sealant works well. I'm not opposed to any easy repairs.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by JerrySFL
They look nice, I still need to let them rest , stretch, them tighten them up .

Installed new seat covers.
Look great!

I have been wanting a set of these since my last car. might get me some next year. overall they are suppose to hold up great...keep us updated on any issues!

Old 11-08-2018, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers

”genuine synthetic” eh? Pretty sure that counts as an oxymoron.

Depends on what you consider “lean.” It hovers close to 1 (lambda?). More often, it drops as low as 0.937 or something, very rarely into the 0.8xx. And sometimes it goes up to about 1.007 or even more rarely 1.010. So yeah, as ar as the ECM is concerned it’s not lean, but I know some folks consider that “too lean.”

As for the trims, it typically hovers around 10.16. Of course it fluctuates +/-. I saw the short go up to 17 just now and even hit negative at one point.

That said, it’s important to note, I swapped out my fuel pump for a higher flow DW265c. Also of note, I still have the fifth injector from the kit installed, even if it’s not being used. So, I don’t know how sealed that injector is, so I sometimes wonder if any fuel is leaking ever so slightly into the intake due to the higher flow pump.
that's not too bad. Probably a little lean for boost but if you haven't melted or burned anything yet it's probably fine then.

It's crazy that the ecu compensates for that with that little of a fuel trim... I have been having lean problems in the 10-15 percent fuel trim. Yesterday it got worse around 30 percent. I took it all apart twice, changed the intake gaskets and pcv valve only to put it back and nothing changed. I then
pulled the injectors and found all the o rings were heavily damaged/ ripping.

So I think I found the leak. Ordered some new o rings coming in tomorrow. Maybe that will fix the problems I was having when I was supercharged.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
that's not too bad. Probably a little lean for boost but if you haven't melted or burned anything yet it's probably fine then.

It's crazy that the ecu compensates for that with that little of a fuel trim... I have been having lean problems in the 10-15 percent fuel trim. Yesterday it got worse around 30 percent. I took it all apart twice, changed the intake gaskets and pcv valve only to put it back and nothing changed. I then
pulled the injectors and found all the o rings were heavily damaged/ ripping.

So I think I found the leak. Ordered some new o rings coming in tomorrow. Maybe that will fix the problems I was having when I was supercharged.
As I said though, I have a different fuel pump, along with the high flow, it produces higher fuel pressures, meaning each time the injectors open up, it sprays a little more fuel than normal.

That said, I don’t know if it’s because of the gas I pumped last night, today’s higher ambient pressure or a combination of both, but my trims are higher while the ECU is commanding a lower AFR (not much, 0.983 vs 1.003 before on average... but as a display, it is noticeable).

And I did get hit with a misfire, followed by limp mode. The weird thing is, the previous two times it occurred just as I was entering the highway. This time, it occurred as I was leaving the highway.

Overall, the car kinda feels like everything is dragging through water or something when accelerating or immediately when I let go of the gas. While I’m cruising it seems okay. Funky weather effects, maybe?

Old 11-17-2018, 05:26 PM
I love those seat covers! But for now my budget isnt that great and 4yrs from now my tax on this will shoot up so i might let go soon.
For now, I painted my side mirrors with rubber paint!

Failed attempt #2, went too thick on 1st and 2nd layer.

Somewhat better results! Very thin 1st and 2nd layer. It had rock chips and wall scratches! I also sanded it to ake it smooth to hide the imperfections!

Old 11-17-2018, 10:05 PM
Coudnt wait to find a good deal on a 16x6.5j 195x55R16 set of wheels so i decided to rubber paint my hubcaps for now. Here are the results!

Old 11-18-2018, 04:15 PM
Adjusted valve lash

Adjusted the valves , it sounds a lot scarier than it is . It takes about an hour and a half - two hours .
.007 intake .010 exhaust,

Last edited by JerrySFL; 12-31-2018 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 11-23-2018, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Tire rotation, that then turned into a pull the hub, press out lug stud and replace. Kid cross-threaded the lug nut.....

Old 11-25-2018, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
Well, that was fun.

Got about 2-1/2 weeks before the spark plug issue came back.

I think part of the problem was, I didn't use what I had planned on using, which was thread sealant instead of thread "locker." Maybe I'll give it another try on Monday with the locktite I have somewhere. But it does feel like the threads are pretty much done for.

On a side note, I did use the colder plugs and honestly... something seems off. They day after I put them in, it seemed like there was noticeable hesitation. However, that's a bit subjective. I also noticed (more objectively) that I don't hit as high or as often with the timing advance.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:48 AM
That sucks I don't know, I feel sketched out by using the threadlocker. I feel like a better fix would be a thread insert. I know its expensive but it would fix the problem. You shouldn't have to put threadlocker on your spark plugs to keep them in. I feel like you're number 3 threads are probably done.

Last edited by GE8girl22; 11-26-2018 at 01:55 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:11 PM
Took apart the sprintex and found that my seals on the supercharger to the manifold were messed up. The one on the bypass valve is chewed through and the main one had come off when taking the unit apart. I hope sprintex has new ones for not too much money. I'll have to figure out a better way to put the unit back together without hurting the o-rings.

Old 11-27-2018, 10:05 PM
The clutch totally died while my son was driving on the highway.
Towed it in to a repair shop.
Hopefully the repair is not too costly...

Anyone know how much I can expect to pay?

Also was going to get them to change the spark plugs.
Should I also get the valve adjustment done as well?

Old 11-28-2018, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
Took apart the sprintex and found that my seals on the supercharger to the manifold were messed up. The one on the bypass valve is chewed through and the main one had come off when taking the unit apart. I hope sprintex has new ones for not too much money. I'll have to figure out a better way to put the unit back together without hurting the o-rings.
Did you lube them with oil during the install or were they dry at the time?

It doesn't have to be new oil... in fact, what you could do is, time the re-install with an oil change (assuming you DIY the oil change). Grab the used oil and quickly dunk the o-rings in them, then do the install.

~~~~~

As for my Fit... apparently, due to the heavy rain that turned into heavy snow and lack of driving yesterday, my e-brakes were frozen. They managed to disengage enough that I could drive normally for the most part... but it created noise when driving slow (like coming to a stop) and you could feel the handle didn't have any real tension when releasing the brakes. If you pull up to engage the brakes, they will where they should, but they won't fully disengage, just partially.

Last edited by Goobers; 11-28-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?