What did you do to your GE fit today? - Page 913 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Old 11-06-2018, 06:33 AM
Originally Posted by MontrealFit2012 View Post

A neighbor of mine has an 18 year old Fit so hard to notice any rust it’s nuts
I was wondering if just spraying superficially does anything because most rust comes from within
First MY of Fit in Canada is 2007!! No 2000 Fit here!

Old 11-06-2018, 07:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JerrySFL View Post
Shampooed and detailed and steam cleaned the interior getting it ready to install the Clazzio Seat Covers, due in this week. Had to wait 2 months for gray covers.
You will like them. Had mine for years now. I installed heating pads underneath them. Also just added a new arm rest and handbrake cover.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Frenzal View Post
First MY of Fit in Canada is 2007!! No 2000 Fit here!
But a person could import it, right?

Old 11-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers View Post
But a person could import it, right?
Possible, but really complicated for just a Fit!
Also, impossible for RHD cars in Quebec. At a certain point, it was possible if the car was 25 years old or more...

Old 11-07-2018, 02:19 AM
Goobers, i have a question about what your Air fuel ratios are like without tuning for the supercharger?. Do you run at lean at all and what are your fuel trims like.

I'm glad you are okay! that sounds super scary! Hopefully you can fix the problem without having to pull the head... If you do be sure to post some pics. I agree with you it does sound like the threads may be done on the number 2 cylinder which would suck.now Im paranoid about my plugs... lol

Last edited by GE8girl22; 11-07-2018 at 02:36 AM.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:44 PM
Installed new seat covers

They look nice, I still need to let them rest , stretch, them tighten them up .

Installed new seat covers.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Jerry, are those clazzio's?

synthetic leather? or genuine?

Old 11-07-2018, 09:07 PM
Genuine synthetic , but they do look and feel like leather.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Genuine synthetic , but they do look and feel like leather.
”genuine synthetic” eh? Pretty sure that counts as an oxymoron.

Originally Posted by GE8girl22 View Post
Goobers, i have a question about what your Air fuel ratios are like without tuning for the supercharger?. Do you run at lean at all and what are your fuel trims like.

I'm glad you are okay! that sounds super scary! Hopefully you can fix the problem without having to pull the head... If you do be sure to post some pics. I agree with you it does sound like the threads may be done on the number 2 cylinder which would suck.now Im paranoid about my plugs... lol
Depends on what you consider “lean.” It hovers close to 1 (lambda?). More often, it drops as low as 0.937 or something, very rarely into the 0.8xx. And sometimes it goes up to about 1.007 or even more rarely 1.010. So yeah, as ar as the ECM is concerned it’s not lean, but I know some folks consider that “too lean.”

As for the trims, it typically hovers around 10.16. Of course it fluctuates +/-. I saw the short go up to 17 just now and even hit negative at one point.

That said, it’s important to note, I swapped out my fuel pump for a higher flow DW265c. Also of note, I still have the fifth injector from the kit installed, even if it’s not being used. So, I don’t know how sealed that injector is, so I sometimes wonder if any fuel is leaking ever so slightly into the intake due to the higher flow pump.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
Goobers, I look forward to your report on using thread sealant. I'm glad it's working well for spike55 and I look forward to more reports. Our #3 is a problem cylinder. I have to tighten that plug every 25k or so miles. Hope the sealant works well. I'm not opposed to any easy repairs.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:33 PM
They look nice, I still need to let them rest , stretch, them tighten them up .

Installed new seat covers.
Look great!

I have been wanting a set of these since my last car. might get me some next year. overall they are suppose to hold up great...keep us updated on any issues!

Old 11-08-2018, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers View Post

”genuine synthetic” eh? Pretty sure that counts as an oxymoron.

Depends on what you consider “lean.” It hovers close to 1 (lambda?). More often, it drops as low as 0.937 or something, very rarely into the 0.8xx. And sometimes it goes up to about 1.007 or even more rarely 1.010. So yeah, as ar as the ECM is concerned it’s not lean, but I know some folks consider that “too lean.”

As for the trims, it typically hovers around 10.16. Of course it fluctuates +/-. I saw the short go up to 17 just now and even hit negative at one point.

That said, it’s important to note, I swapped out my fuel pump for a higher flow DW265c. Also of note, I still have the fifth injector from the kit installed, even if it’s not being used. So, I don’t know how sealed that injector is, so I sometimes wonder if any fuel is leaking ever so slightly into the intake due to the higher flow pump.
that's not too bad. Probably a little lean for boost but if you haven't melted or burned anything yet it's probably fine then.

It's crazy that the ecu compensates for that with that little of a fuel trim... I have been having lean problems in the 10-15 percent fuel trim. Yesterday it got worse around 30 percent. I took it all apart twice, changed the intake gaskets and pcv valve only to put it back and nothing changed. I then
pulled the injectors and found all the o rings were heavily damaged/ ripping.

So I think I found the leak. Ordered some new o rings coming in tomorrow. Maybe that will fix the problems I was having when I was supercharged.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GE8girl22 View Post
that's not too bad. Probably a little lean for boost but if you haven't melted or burned anything yet it's probably fine then.

It's crazy that the ecu compensates for that with that little of a fuel trim... I have been having lean problems in the 10-15 percent fuel trim. Yesterday it got worse around 30 percent. I took it all apart twice, changed the intake gaskets and pcv valve only to put it back and nothing changed. I then
pulled the injectors and found all the o rings were heavily damaged/ ripping.

So I think I found the leak. Ordered some new o rings coming in tomorrow. Maybe that will fix the problems I was having when I was supercharged.
As I said though, I have a different fuel pump, along with the high flow, it produces higher fuel pressures, meaning each time the injectors open up, it sprays a little more fuel than normal.

That said, I don’t know if it’s because of the gas I pumped last night, today’s higher ambient pressure or a combination of both, but my trims are higher while the ECU is commanding a lower AFR (not much, 0.983 vs 1.003 before on average... but as a display, it is noticeable).

And I did get hit with a misfire, followed by limp mode. The weird thing is, the previous two times it occurred just as I was entering the highway. This time, it occurred as I was leaving the highway.

Overall, the car kinda feels like everything is dragging through water or something when accelerating or immediately when I let go of the gas. While I’m cruising it seems okay. Funky weather effects, maybe?