2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
If you're replacing the rotors anyway... you can try using a dremel or anything thin saw and slice into the head of the screw and make it a flat tip screw. That's what I did, then I used one of my larger screw drivers and it came out. Better if you have something that adapts to a socket wrench. The thing is, this cutting will definitely cut into the rotor around it, which is why I only mention it because you're replacing the rotor.
I'll try this on Friday. If it doesn't work then I'll drill out the screws. Thanks, forgot I even had a Dremel.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
As you know, I had all the parts above including the torx tools and the weight sendor, and even pair of the Recaro Seat Rail, unfortunately, I haven't bought the Recaros yet
There is always something that is more urgent that require me to delay buying the Recaro seats...
My question, is the airbag light that turn on the one on the center console (near the radio/CD player)? if yes that should mean the airbag will not deploy...
I am really curious with your situation too. unfortunately, not much I can suggest until I experience it (and try to troubleshoot) my self...

Oh wait,...
if the airbag light that turn on is the one on the center console,... then I manage to get that light turn on with my stock passenger seat if I put my laptop bag on my seat while I am driving...
This mean, if you put a fake load on the load sensor using the screw but the thin sensor (behind the fabric) did not sense a body touching it then the airbag off light will be turn on.
Have you try with a person sitting and resting their back on the back rest of the seat? if the light turn off, that means your thin sensors works, if not, then you might damage the thin sensor when you are taking it out from the original seat foam,
or the value (I am not sure either capacitive or resistive) of the thin sensor between the 2009 seat do not match your OPDS requirement...
Last, have you ask Honda dealer to reset the system as if you are installing a new OPDS sensor?
Hey! Sorry for the late reply - just saw this now.

Yes, the dealer tried to do an OPDS calibration, but got stuck when the system read open at 249lbs. I double checked to make sure everything was connected and it's all fine.

The airbag light that turns on is the one on the gauge cluster, not the one by the stereo. I have had passengers in the seat, and the light stays on. It is possible I damaged the thin sensors when removing them, or that they do not match the 09 sensors do not match the 2013 ODPS...trying to look that up now.

Edit: If I could find a 2013 Fit seat for cheap, I would just swap the everything over - it wouldn't be that much work now that everything is planned out.

Last edited by Chantastic; 04-17-2019 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chantastic
Hey! Sorry for the late reply - just saw this now.

Yes, the dealer tried to do an OPDS calibration, but got stuck when the system read open at 249lbs. I double checked to make sure everything was connected and it's all fine.

The airbag light that turns on is the one on the gauge cluster, not the one by the stereo. I have had passengers in the seat, and the light stays on. It is possible I damaged the thin sensors when removing them, or that they do not match the 09 sensors do not match the 2013 ODPS...trying to look that up now.
Oh, that light on the gauge cluster, ... by the way, that light also will turn on if somehow you forgot to connect the connector to the airbag light near the radio (which mean if the airbag light bulb near the radio is broken, it will also turn on...) just another possibility...

Old 04-17-2019, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Oh, that light on the gauge cluster, ... by the way, that light also will turn on if somehow you forgot to connect the connector to the airbag light near the radio (which mean if the airbag light bulb near the radio is broken, it will also turn on...) just another possibility...
Interesting, I didn't know about that. I have an aftermarket stereo but I installed that after the Recaro, so I don't think I broke anything or forgot to install anything - double checked before putting the radio back in. But I will check again! Thanks

Old 04-20-2019, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kitsken
Cool! I wish i can do the things you do with your fit.

I recently added some wind deflector and vortex gen and i actually did notice a great reduction in windnoise over 60kph and above!

Neat! Where did you get these? Do they just stick on with an adhesive?

Old 04-20-2019, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Changed spark plugs and did valve adjustment today on the '11 Sport. 99,500 miles, all valves but one were out of spec, but not too far, and loose not tight. With new plugs and all in better clearance spec, it sure runs nice now.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Chantastic
Neat! Where did you get these? Do they just stick on with an adhesive?
Got it from Amazon.co.jp, it was cheap! Each cost only around 5usd. It came with double sided tape attached already, just peel and stick!

Old 04-24-2019, 04:05 PM
I purchased my car a few states over, rented a car drove out, picked up the fit, then drove it 600 miles home. Thus far I love this little thing.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by ILikePizzaAndCars
I purchased my car a few states over, rented a car drove out, picked up the fit, then drove it 600 miles home. Thus far I love this little thing.
Congrats on the car. And welcome!

Old 04-26-2019, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Congrats on the car. And welcome!
Thanks, Ive had it for less than a week and started to change things. Today I Installed a Hybrid-Racing shift knob. Is much good.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:43 PM
I changed my oil for the first time on the Fit , pretty easy ( I have a lift )

Old 04-28-2019, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
Yesterday (for my 09) I changed the fuel filter in the gas tank. It was a pain and my hands still hurt today. The white flange screwing down the assembly was hard to get off (with a hammer and screwdriver) and even harder to get back on. Glad I'll never have to do this again for this car! Hoping the fuel pump doesn't go bad, because it is the same procedure. Part of me wishes I just changed that too while I was in there, but it still works good. Heard a big whoosh when I started the engine for the first time. That was a good sign

Old 04-29-2019, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SiXiam
Yesterday (for my 09) I changed the fuel filter in the gas tank.
I thought they were considered "lifetime" as in the life of the pump?

Hoping the fuel pump doesn't go bad, because it is the same procedure. Part of me wishes I just changed that too while I was in there, but it still works good.
Honda fuel pumps are pretty robust, you shouldn't have any issues with it.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GolNat
I thought they were considered "lifetime" as in the life of the pump?
Honda fuel pumps are pretty robust, you shouldn't have any issues with it.
I am at 100k miles and wanted to change it. Same as I'm going to change the transmission filter this weekend. Another one without an interval.
The youtube video explaining how to change it shows how bad the old filter looks.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:48 PM
Home made arm rest

Home made

Old 05-01-2019, 06:52 PM
Super cool.......

Originally Posted by ILikePizzaAndCars
Thanks, Ive had it for less than a week and started to change things. Today I Installed a Hybrid-Racing shift knob. Is much good.

nice!
How much and where did you buy it?

Old 05-01-2019, 07:21 PM
Shift knob came from hybrid-racing.com and was about $50. Comes in different colors too. Also did this today...

Old 05-01-2019, 08:19 PM
Shift knob came from hybrid-racing.com and was about $50. Comes in different colors too. Also did this today...

Old 05-01-2019, 08:42 PM
Thank you Sir!

👍.........
Originally Posted by ilikepizzaandcars
thanks, ive had it for less than a week and started to change things. Today i installed a hybrid-racing shift knob. Is much good.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:48 PM
Strong??

Can you lean on it with all your weight?

Originally Posted by Cazzy
I put a cheap aftermarket arm rest in my center console!

It's a little lower than I would have liked, and I'm down a cup holder, but for 45 bucks I really can't complain.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?