2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding keyless to US Base 2009 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:26 AM
Here is College Hill's actual PDF on how to set up Keyless Entry.
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...ylessentry.pdf

Old 08-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Does that mean my base 09 already has the actuators installed and connected in the doors, it is just missing a (programmed) remote ?

Old 08-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Alex007
Does that mean my base 09 already has the actuators installed and connected in the doors, it is just missing a (programmed) remote ?
From reading another thread and investigating it myself, it appears so. if you search for keyless, there is another thread that says it's true. good for us.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
That is correct. If you follow the programming steps in the first post, you can program the remote for keyless entry. Nothing needs to be added on a GE08. The immobilizer portion of the key still needs to be programmed by your dealer (as well as having the key cut) - or you can do what many people do and cut off the key blank and use the remote head as a fob with the keys that came with the car.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by BigWonton
That is correct. If you follow the programming steps in the first post, you can program the remote for keyless entry. Nothing needs to be added on a GE08. The immobilizer portion of the key still needs to be programmed by your dealer (as well as having the key cut) - or you can do what many people do and cut off the key blank and use the remote head as a fob with the keys that came with the car.
Actually, it won't work for me since I have a Canadian base model (DX) and the Canadian DX doesn't come with power locks.

This is why I was puzzled, my base doesn't have power locks but the actuators were still installed in the doors ? Didn't make sense. Then I found in another thread that the US base model HAS power locks.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Is there a panic button? I am a very small man, and when I feel like I am in danger, I like to press the panic button hehe

Old 08-20-2009, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
If You're Researching Before Buying...

If you're researching before buying, two factoids:

1. I found my dealer very agreeable to cutting and programming the remote keys for free (I bought the keys online) as part of new vehicle prep, negotiated as part of the new vehicle purchase. Dealer can probably bury the labor cost as part of vehicle prep cost. I did this both for adding to keyless to my wife's Base Fit, and to get an extra key for my Sport Fit.

2. A Base Fit upgraded to keyless is better than a Sport. The Base Fit has actual exterior key locks on the passenger door and hatch, which the Sport lacks. Us Sport guys will be crying if the power lock solenoid in the passenger door or hatch ever fails. You Base owners have regular old key locks as a backup. The hatch would be particularly annoying without a backup outside key lock.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Can someone post the FCC ID# of the Base accessory remote or the 07 CRV remote 35111-SWA-306 ? Thanks!

Old 08-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Ultrawolf
If you're researching before buying, two factoids:

1. I found my dealer very agreeable to cutting and programming the remote keys for free (I bought the keys online) as part of new vehicle prep, negotiated as part of the new vehicle purchase. Dealer can probably bury the labor cost as part of vehicle prep cost. I did this both for adding to keyless to my wife's Base Fit, and to get an extra key for my Sport Fit.

2. A Base Fit upgraded to keyless is better than a Sport. The Base Fit has actual exterior key locks on the passenger door and hatch, which the Sport lacks. Us Sport guys will be crying if the power lock solenoid in the passenger door or hatch ever fails. You Base owners have regular old key locks as a backup. The hatch would be particularly annoying without a backup outside key lock.
Great point. Base ftw.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Actually, it won't work for me since I have a Canadian base model (DX) and the Canadian DX doesn't come with power locks.

This is why I was puzzled, my base doesn't have power locks but the actuators were still installed in the doors ? Didn't make sense. Then I found in another thread that the US base model HAS power locks.
Sorry, my mistake - I overlooked that you were referring to the Canadian base model.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by phildo7pt9
Is there a panic button? I am a very small man, and when I feel like I am in danger, I like to press the panic button hehe

Yes, it does. However it still makes the "meeeeeeeep meeeeeeep" sound when it is going off.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
"Panic Button" or "Wimp Alert"?

Ha! Ha!

That horn is more like a "Wimp Alert" than a "Panic Button" - every hoodlum and bully within earshot will come running to beat you up when they hear it!
Is anybody else here old enough to remember the 1950s song "Beep, Beep"? I think of it every time I hear the horn on my Fit! It was about an irate Cadillac owner who is being passed by a Nash Rambler. He eventually gets the Caddy up to 120MPH trying to outrun the wimpy Nash when the guy pulls up next to him, rolls down the window and shouts "How do I get this thing out of 2nd gear?"
Seriously, I think the horn is cute - like the Fit review from LA Times said the Fit does look kinda "dorky" and its ounds kinda "dorky" too! I like it anyway!

Old 08-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by pgethea
Hi everyone,
PROGRAMMING THE REMOTE TRANSMITTER (KEYFOB):
NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps. Make sure the doors, the hood and the hatch are closed.
1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II)
2. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
3. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
5. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
6. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
7. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
8. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
9. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
10. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
11. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators within 1 to 4 seconds, then push the transmitter lock button again, or the code will not be stored.
13. Within 10 seconds, press the transmitter lock button on any other fob you wish to program. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.
14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and remove the key.
15. Confirm proper operation with the transmitters.
+1 Thanks for the instructions! I was able to get keyless entry on my base model fit in under a minute! Very happy I read this thread before I tried installing an aftermarket system.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks pgethea!
Your instructions worked like a charm (2009 Fit Base Auto)

Old 08-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Ordered a Key. Is it possible to remove the actual metal key from the black plastic head on the non remote key and install it in the remote key to avoid the need for getting it cut? I know remote keys split open so the circuit board and batteries can be accessed.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by fmcfad01
Ordered a Key. Is it possible to remove the actual metal key from the black plastic head on the non remote key and install it in the remote key to avoid the need for getting it cut? I know remote keys split open so the circuit board and batteries can be accessed.
I don't think so. I popped it open (you'll need jewelry screwdrivers, and possibly another set of hands, they are torqued pretty tight), and the screw goes through the metal base of the key section, and the key also appears to be glued, or something, inside that spot. I tried for about 15 minutes, on and off, and couldn't get it out. I was afraid of breaking it, so I stopped worrying about it until later. I'll just cut off that portion, eventually.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Just used pgethea's instructions on my base 09 mt. Worked the first time!

Old 08-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Were you able to get the panic button to work? Does your horn sound when you unlock? Mine doesn't.

Last edited by Artep; 08-24-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:51 PM
No horn except if I press the lock button twice. But the lights flash whenever I press lock or unlock. Haven't tried panic, don't really care about it. Figure I'll leave the lights flashing on since it helps me find this tiny car in parking lots I really dislike the horn going off... so I'll leave it off.

It's like Toyota where it won't lock the doors if another door is open. Really annoying 'feature', especially on a car tha only has a power lock button on the drivers door and not on the other 3 or the hatch.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Great! I locate my car by sound. Didn't know about the double lock alert. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Adding keyless to US Base 2009 Fit