2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Three Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Three Questions

I own a 09 Fit Sport MT

what can i do to increase power without voiding my warranty?

i wanna mod my interior lights and have read a couple threads but still have no idea what lights to buy. i'd like maps, dome, and plate lights in a light blue or white. where should i look and what are the part numbers?

i've looked at the switchblade key mod but i was under the impression that there was some kinda security chip in the key. i'm assuming the security is from proximity to the ignition and not from the actual key's connection. is that correct?

Old 05-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
1. You can get an intake and exhaust but that will only give you a couple horsepower and they might try to void your warranty. But unless they can prove that the modification caused the damage then they should honor the warranty.

2. I have all interior led from www.superbrightleds.com They come in a cool white which is a blue ish color. Looks really good and matches the other interior lights.

Get three of these for the dome light and map lights. The 30mm one with 2 leds.
Product Listing - CAR

And two of these for the plate lights. Anything that replaces the 194 size will work.
Product Listing - CAR

3. The chip is in the button console which is composed of the 3 buttons, the chip is inside there. All you gotta do is transfer the buttons to the new key housing, get it cut, and your done.

Your right about proximity to the ignition.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sl1pg8r
I own a 09 Fit Sport MT

i wanna mod my interior lights and have read a couple threads but still have no idea what lights to buy. i'd like maps, dome, and plate lights in a light blue or white. where should i look and what are the part numbers?

i've looked at the switchblade key mod but i was under the impression that there was some kinda security chip in the key. i'm assuming the security is from proximity to the ignition and not from the actual key's connection. is that correct?
i have a few more of these led panels for the maps and the dome and cargo.
check this link
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...ome-light.html
PM me if interested.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
1. You can get an intake and exhaust but that will only give you a couple horsepower and they might try to void your warranty. But unless they can prove that the modification caused the damage then they should honor the warranty.

2. I have all interior led from www.superbrightleds.com They come in a cool white which is a blue ish color. Looks really good and matches the other interior lights.

Get three of these for the dome light and map lights. The 30mm one with 2 leds.
Product Listing - CAR

And two of these for the plate lights. Anything that replaces the 194 size will work.
Product Listing - CAR

3. The chip is in the button console which is composed of the 3 buttons, the chip is inside there. All you gotta do is transfer the buttons to the new key housing, get it cut, and your done.

Your right about proximity to the ignition.
What LED works for the trunk light?

Old 05-25-2009, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sl1pg8r
I own a 09 Fit Sport MT

The easiest thing to increase power is smaller diameter tires. Going with 205/45x16 tires on lightweight 16x7/45mm offset wheels will yield about 4 lb-ft of torque across the rpm range besides offering better cornering and traction. If the gap bothers you then install lowering springs and shocks, just don't do too much drop. An uinch to 2 is about right.
And the change shouldn't hurt your actual MPG either. Air intakes may or may not help; likewise aftermarket exhausts. The ones we know help also attract the 'fashion' ploice.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
+1 on reducing the tire profile. i do it on my GD (my GE is bone stock) and have found noticable acceleration gains. currently im on 195/50/15, but ideally want to do 195/45/15's.