2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

DRL on European Model

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 10:20 AM
DRL on European Model

Hi guys!
I am a boy from Venice/Italia and I am a new owner of a Honda Jazz 1.4 (in Usa an other market is named 1.3...) exclusive i-shift 6m.
Yours forum is very good and I read it many time during the day.
I have red two post about DRL but I don't found what I want...
My Jazz haven't DRL but on the Manual in the page of fuse there is the description of DRL and the place for the fuses.
I will try to install two fuse the next day but I think it probably don't work.
I have seen that a lot of you are very good in electronic modification and I'd like to know if there is a simple trick to work DRL (Fuse, Duty Cycle, modification of cpu, relay..).
In Italy, out of city, you must turn on dipped headlights. Now many others car (Audi in primis) use DRL with led! I don't want use all light of the car but only DRL so I can reduce consumption of gas and overall not burn headlights.
Is there anyone who help me?
Jazz/Fit is selled in all Europe and in north country DRL are compulsory.

Sorry for my english and ask me question for difference in Jazz Europe-Fit if you want!
bye

Old 06-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Honestly, I don't know if it will work if you put the fuse in. You can try it, but I think there may be a difference which could cause it not to function properly.

Please try it, and let us know what happens!

Your English is better than most Americans', I had no trouble understanding what you needed.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:09 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
i don't think it will work either. might be missing other stuff also.
but hey you can always try and let us know what happened.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

In the US the fuse for DRL is location # 15 try to put a fuse there, but as others mentioned I'm not sure if the European Fit's are wired for DRL... but you never know... Try it and let us know what happens.

Originally Posted by rickycbrjazz
..... ask me question for difference in Jazz Europe-Fit if you want!

Do you have leather seats option in Italy?
Sunroof or Skyroof option?
Can you take some pictures of the "refresh" mode in the 09 European model model? (with the passenger seat reclined back flat, and the rear folded down.... )
Thanks.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:53 AM
thank you very much!
how you can see I am not always connected and only from monday to friday...
this afternoon I try to install fuse and see if it works.
but as you have writed in other post, DRL is activated by CPU and Duty Cycle to run 1/2 volt highbeam. the fuses in my instruction manual are 15 and 48 (or 40).
an other trick is to use fog light alone but in Italy are very strong with modification and the fog light can be used only in particular situation.
if anyone have other suggestion (electronic suggestion or anyone say me how really DRL work in yours car with electronic shceme) i am here

Yes we have leather seats option, I have skyroof and it is part of my "Exclusive" Jazz.
We have Elegance, Executive and Exclusive Jazz with 1.2 and 1.4 engine. the engine 1.4 is 1339 cc with 100 hp and is the same of yours. we haven't 1.5 with 120 hp
1.2 have 90 hp but is more cheaper...
we have i-shft 6 gear and it works very well. normal car have 5 manual transmission.
Exclusive version is full option with bluthoot cruise control light sensor and rain sensor, wheels 16' with 185/55/16. My jazz is taffeta white
in this long weekend I have run for around 1200 km in Umbria and my actual all mileage is of 5 l/100 km (20 km/l). you have gallon and mph and make you the conversion I think 47,3 m/g
I haven't picture now and I haven't yet disposed the seat how you have described.
I use to go with the part of rear seat up because I have a dog and he is very happy of the Jazz seat mode
ask me more if you want

Old 03-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi, i'm italian too...have you found a solution for DRL?