2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Who has a Honda Fit AND an Apple iPhone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
i do, but i dont use the iphone

Old 04-06-2010, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Decafe... I use a Parrot Minikit Slim that hooks over my visor and it works GREAT. I have no issues with the call quality and it is a completely wireless solution. once charged, you can talk for a while on it. BTW, I don't have an iPhone but use Windows Mobile (Samsung Omnia).

~SB

Old 04-07-2010, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by decafespresso
I am wondering for those who have the iphone...I am buying a fit soon and I am wondering that if you have your iphone plugged into the usb connector and you are listening to music and you get a call....can it be answered? Can I talk through the car or do I need special connectors?

I am willing to buy a few minimal things to do this but I hate clutter. I also can't really use a bluetooth that fits in your ear because I wear hearing aids and therefore would love a handsfree option to answering calls. Does the nav offer any solutions?

Thanks for all of your help and loads of info!!
When the phone rings, the music fades and pauses. You can then answer the phone using a paired device or the iPhone itself. The factory Navi unit does NOT handle calls in any way. Once the call is completed, the music fades back in right where it left off. If you've ever had a pair of headphones on while a phone call came in, the behaviour is quite similar.

I have used a Jabra BT8040 Bluetooth headset and it worked as described above about 90% of the time. Occasionally, the music (podcast, actually) would continue to play through the headset during the call. The caller stated they couldn't hear the podcast, but I sure could. I found this can be resolved by simply pushing the power button on the Honda Navi head unit to stop playback before answering the call. Once the call was complete, I powered the head unit back on and resumed playback. This was only necessary while using my Bluetooth headset, and may be unique to my particular model.

When using the iPhone directly to my ear (I have a long USB cable) or while using wired headphones I have never had any issues. It performs flawlessly.

I wish I could give you feedback on handsfree kits, but I've had enough bad experiences in 2006 & 2008 that I just gave up on them. I don't thing the technology is developed as far as the marketing pitch... One day, I'll try again.

Good luck with your quest,

Jon

Old 04-07-2010, 07:10 AM
With my blueconnect, the music fades out, the screen of the stereo says "no data" and the blueconnect speaker rings, the iPhone speaker rings with the ring coming through the speakers of the stereo too. I talk on the blueconnect's speaker/mic then when they hang up, the music fades back in.

Sometimes there are some issues if you are on a call when you get into the car, then plug it in, ie: music will play through the blueconnect speaker, and the other person can hear it, but that has only happened a couple times, and from what I understand it happens to normal bluetooth headsets too. Common issue with the iPhone getting confused.

Other than that, I don't have any issues at all with the iPhone "docked" in the stereo while using bluetooth.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member
I don't have an iPhone yet but I am big Apple fan (since 1988) and am going to seriously look at their upcoming offerings (probably this June). I may just bite the bullet, even though I really can't justify the monthly cost since I work mostly from home and my iPod Touch (over wifi) + dumb phone serves most of my needs. I am enjoying this thread so but it may end up putting a dent in my wallet.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
Does anyone use the iPhone as their Navi? How well does it work?

I'm thinking about giving in and getting one (both a Fit and an iPhone lol) by December, but sort of because all my friends have one. I've never even owned an iPod...the last portable music player I bought was a CD walkman in 1997.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
having just bought the '08 Fit I use my iPhone and Pandora to stream music like satellite radio through the AUX port... I too, placed a white apple sticker on my rear glass after having it in my garage for a couple days.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:56 PM
I hv a black ge8 base and an iphone 3gs i jailbroke my iphone for a while then i undid it so i could turn my phone off when i wanted to and my fit wow i have done a lot clear bra cpillar i lowered it subs lol and much more

Old 04-07-2010, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanct
Does anyone use the iPhone as their Navi? How well does it work?

I'm thinking about giving in and getting one (both a Fit and an iPhone lol) by December, but sort of because all my friends have one. I've never even owned an iPod...the last portable music player I bought was a CD walkman in 1997.
Like I mentioned before, I am one who does not have an iPhone but I have run two different programs on my Samsung Omnia. I have the Garmin App for Windows Mobile and I also have run Destinator 9. Both work really well but the Garmin App allows for Google Lookup.

In general, I was a skeptic on how well a phone could work as a Navi Device but I'm quite happy with my current setup, especially with the Garmin Software.

~SB

Old 04-07-2010, 10:04 PM
nope, i have a 09 sport and a HTC HD2

Old 04-07-2010, 10:10 PM
I have used my iphone when my tomtom has failed and works fie but i need to mout it go to google maps directions the locate thingy two times and it rotats the map how i turn but that only works for the 3gs

Old 04-07-2010, 10:37 PM
The iPhone's Google Maps is better than a map. That's about it.

I listen to music on the iPhone, have google maps up, and will get a phone call. Music fades, caller pops up, hear ringtone everywhere, answer call, talk over bluetooth, hang up, music resumes, and then google maps takes a bit to load back up and resumes where I left off.

If you minimize the call and go back to google maps you can still navigate while talking, but it takes a lot more CPU, and the maps load more slowly.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Hi there. I just bought a Fit Sport and tried to play music from my iPhone, but I could only scroll through music through the car stereo (rather than using the iPhone), and it was incredibly slow and not organized in any way: the order went Lucinda Williams, Guster, and then to a This American Life podcast. How are you supposed to choose music when everything is jumbled like that?

Any advice on how to use the iPhone to scroll while it's pugged into the USB jack?

Thanks!

Old 04-08-2010, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by centerforwomen
Hi there. I just bought a Fit Sport and tried to play music from my iPhone, but I could only scroll through music through the car stereo (rather than using the iPhone), and it was incredibly slow and not organized in any way: the order went Lucinda Williams, Guster, and then to a This American Life podcast. How are you supposed to choose music when everything is jumbled like that?

Any advice on how to use the iPhone to scroll while it's pugged into the USB jack?

Thanks!
Smart playlists! Learn about them in iTunes and use them extensively and presto magic, your music will be organized and pretty easy to access through the Fit's radio controls.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by centerforwomen

Thanks!
if you're phone is jailbroken you can get a program called "NoAccessorySplash" which lets you control iPod.app from the phone itself while plugged into any accessory like a car stereo. it allows my passengers to use my iphone w/ ease when choosing specific artists or tracks.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Some interesting reading here. I have an LG Lotus and wanted to see what it would do plugged into the USB. I can't hear phone calls over my speakers but it does charge my phone so in theory, we have two accessory ports instead of one!

Old 04-09-2010, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by neil patrick harris
if you're phone is jailbroken you can get a program called "NoAccessorySplash" which lets you control iPod.app from the phone itself while plugged into any accessory like a car stereo. it allows my passengers to use my iphone w/ ease when choosing specific artists or tracks.
Nice! Can you still control with the stereo though, or is it only controlled through the phone if you use this program?

Old 04-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Leaving your iphone plugged in will charge your battery sir, not drain it. Additionally, get a real phone. I personally boycott anything apple makes.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
Nice! Can you still control with the stereo though, or is it only controlled through the phone if you use this program?

you can still use the stereo controls as well. two ways to control it and neither cancels the other out. have fun!

Old 04-11-2010, 07:46 AM
I like the pandora in the car with iPhone. But the best thing about an iPhone, Viper SmartStart. I love it, started my car that was in MN when I was in Lima Peru. Now that is remote start.

Quick Reply: Who has a Honda Fit AND an Apple iPhone?