2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Who has a Honda Fit AND an Apple iPhone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:18 AM
My son figured this out..I thought it was cool... He has a 98 Cavalier, cassette player. Took the cassette adapter from a sony Discman, and plugged it into his phone to listen to Pandora. I called him, he pulled over, and when he answered the phone he heard the conversation through the cars speakers. Now I have an 09 Fit. Love it. And tried it out. I used the 3.5mm plug in the aux port. When I get a call I hit answer on my Droid Razr, no more Bluetooth..no more speaker phone...no more wired headset. I give him all the credit. Anyone else use their phone this way?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
Worked on my iPhone a few years ago. Also works on android phones. Nice little trick.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by pollywalnuts
I've been running the 3GS from the aux connection and charging my phone with a USB device inserted into the lighter slot. Never had any issues with the set up and incoming calls temporarily turn the iphone music off and go directly to the call. The call goes through the stereo system. Neat! If people can't here me I turn the volume up on the car stereo. It's great!

Im still trying to figure this out. If people can't hear you, it's because your voice is not being received by the mic on the iPhone clearly. Turning up the volume on the car stereo would only amplify the incoming caller's voice. How does turning the volume of the stereo make the caller hear you more clearly?

Old 05-17-2012, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
I've been using the usb auxiliary connection to hook my iphone up to the stereo. Is there any good way to get the stereo controls to work nicely with Pandora radio? Also, when people call is there any way to hear them through the car speakers?