2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Who has a Honda Fit AND an Apple iPhone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fmcfad01
Leaving your iphone plugged in will charge your battery sir, not drain it. Additionally, get a real phone. I personally boycott anything apple makes.
Well, it is a tangible object that makes phone calls, so I guess you could say that it is a "real phone".

Old 04-11-2010, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
Well, it is a tangible object that makes phone calls, so I guess you could say that it is a "real phone".
That's not a phone....

Now THIS is a Phone...

~SB

Old 04-11-2010, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
Zack Morris, FTW.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fmcfad01
Leaving your iphone plugged in will charge your battery sir, not drain it. Additionally, get a real phone. I personally boycott anything apple makes.
Good for you!

The rest of us realize we live in a free market economy where we are free to buy whatever we like, And last I checked the iPhone makes calls so it is a REAL phone.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:10 AM
I keep my 80 gb iPod plugged into my USB and I use the aux for my iPhone, that way I can play Pandora+ have it closer to me =] and i think its pretty cool when ppl call and i can hear them through my speakers. haha

Old 04-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Hey I just bought a 2008 Honda Fit sport a week ago. I am loving it and I am wondering about how to best use my iphone with it. I just have the AUX input and no USB interface. I really like the radio that comes with the car but I would love to do two things:

1. navigate through my iPhone music/podcasts through the stereo (safer)
2. answer calls via bluetooth as hands-free as possible

Is this possible? Thanks for your help. If not, I will install a radio but I would like it to look very nice and flush with the car (it looks so nice now I would hate to mess with that!)

Old 04-20-2010, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by decafespresso
Hey I just bought a 2008 Honda Fit sport a week ago. I am loving it and I am wondering about how to best use my iphone with it. I just have the AUX input and no USB interface. I really like the radio that comes with the car but I would love to do two things:

1. navigate through my iPhone music/podcasts through the stereo (safer)
2. answer calls via bluetooth as hands-free as possible

Is this possible? Thanks for your help. If not, I will install a radio but I would like it to look very nice and flush with the car (it looks so nice now I would hate to mess with that!)
For what you want, the best solution would be an aftermarket Head Unit. The Pioneer 310BT has Ipod Connectivity and bluetooth (and Navigation) for $400
Pioneer AVIC-U310BT Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com
If you order through crutchfield you get all of the adapters, wiring connections, Installation instructions, and everything else you need at no charge. it costs about 5% more than if you were to buy everything separately but you get it all in one shot for a hair over $400 ($405 shipped I think?)

PM me if you are thinking about crutchfield as I think the Refer a friend program is still going and with my referral code, you'd get $20 off.

~SB

Old 04-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Wow thanks so much for the help and offer. Do you have this in your car? I would love to see a picture of how it looks. Also, do you know a good video to see the interface? Is it easy to use? I was looking at the pioneer 8000bt (something like that) and I read it was annoying to use. Thanks for the advice. I am slowly wondering if its better to just get bluetooth but I just dont know.

Originally Posted by specboy
For what you want, the best solution would be an aftermarket Head Unit. The Pioneer 310BT has Ipod Connectivity and bluetooth (and Navigation) for $400
Pioneer AVIC-U310BT Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com
If you order through crutchfield you get all of the adapters, wiring connections, Installation instructions, and everything else you need at no charge. it costs about 5% more than if you were to buy everything separately but you get it all in one shot for a hair over $400 ($405 shipped I think?)

PM me if you are thinking about crutchfield as I think the Refer a friend program is still going and with my referral code, you'd get $20 off.

~SB

Old 04-20-2010, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by decafespresso
Wow thanks so much for the help and offer. Do you have this in your car? I would love to see a picture of how it looks. Also, do you know a good video to see the interface? Is it easy to use? I was looking at the pioneer 8000bt (something like that) and I read it was annoying to use. Thanks for the advice. I am slowly wondering if its better to just get bluetooth but I just dont know.
The P8000BT is a decent unit (Brother In Law has one and I almost purchased one for our Altima - but we traded for the FIT). one thing I read was lacking was iPod Navigation because of the lack of a graphical display. The 310 should be much better because of the touch screen display. there's some YouTube videos and also one linked from the Crutchfield website that might help you out. I currently have the Stock Fit Sport Stereo which has USB/iPod connectivity and is plenty for me as my Phone has GPS Navi (Garmin) and I received a Parrot Minikit Slim (Christmas) for my Phone needs.

The altima board I'm on has a lot of people who have Pioneer Navi's and the majority are happy. The Kenwood Navi Interface is a little better but if price is an issue, Pioneer is definitely the best bang for the buck.

~SB

Old 08-08-2010, 06:39 PM
i wanted to share this w/o having to start a new thread.

here's my car mount. it consists of a inverted/modified suction cup ball mount from a garmin unit. it'll work with any device that has a smooth rear end. all you need is some screws and this garmin suction cup mount that you can get from ebay for around $5.

you can put it in portrait mode as well:

it's absolutely rock solid as all garmin mounts are. no vibrations and it holds its position very, very well.

i hope this gives you folks some ideas.

i'm kinda looking for an anti-glare screen protector that won't take away too much from the awesome iphone 4 display. any suggestions?

Old 08-10-2010, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
That's AWESOME. How did you modify the "clip" part of the mount to fit into your empty space there?

Old 08-10-2010, 11:44 PM
what i did was to clip off the ends of the garmin mount pictured above in order to screw that to the flat surface of the DIN pocket.

if you need to remove the mount for any reason, the suction cup section will come apart at the ball-joint.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Great idea but I keep mine sucked to the dash so I can record on my 3GS and have dash cam lol

Old 08-11-2010, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
^^ haha that's not a bad idea.

I just got my iPhone last month and love it. Before this I had a samsung slyde which was ok but once moving to my iPhone I could never go back to a basic phone lol.

I'll have to look more into those garmin mounts they look pretty handy.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Thanks I know wht u mean once I got my iphone there is no other

Old 08-11-2010, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
iPhone 4 + 2010 Sport here (+ Starbucks Barista )

Old 04-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Sirius / iPhone

i have an iPhone 3GS, want to listen to my SiriusXM app through the USB connection in my 2009 Fit, but any time I plug in the iPhone, the iPod function overrides the Sirius app and the iPod starts playing automatically.

anyone know a way of getting the sirius app to override the iPod? i can't press stop on the iPod because the functionality is taken away when plugged in via USB.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cutty
i have an iPhone 3GS, want to listen to my SiriusXM app through the USB connection in my 2009 Fit, but any time I plug in the iPhone, the iPod function overrides the Sirius app and the iPod starts playing automatically.

anyone know a way of getting the sirius app to override the iPod? i can't press stop on the iPod because the functionality is taken away when plugged in via USB.
So you want the Sirius app(on the phone) to work using USB instead of the iPod app?

Im sure you tried these:Have you tried opening the app then plugging it in or opening the app after its plugged in?

Old 04-03-2012, 02:03 AM
Wink iPhone 3GS/2009 honda fit sport

I've been running the 3GS from the aux connection and charging my phone with a USB device inserted into the lighter slot. Never had any issues with the set up and incoming calls temporarily turn the iphone music off and go directly to the call. The call goes through the stereo system. Neat! If people can't here me I turn the volume up on the car stereo. It's great!

Old 04-03-2012, 01:55 PM
i used my ip4s over bluetooth in my 2012 fit with navi. works fine and i stream pandora all the time. i don't like using the usb cord because the steering wheel controls do nothing where as with bluetooth they work

Quick Reply: Who has a Honda Fit AND an Apple iPhone?