2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: I'm stuck with these two colors for the Fit that I want. What color do you suggest?
Orange Revolution Metallic
27.27%
Blue Sensation Pearl
72.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Advice on buying a '09 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
I went with orange because it was unique in a sea of blue cars. Also, every blue car I've ever owned or seen seems to be plagued with poor paint adhesion, even my blue bicycle chips if you look at it cross-eyed.

I don't know if this is really a characteristic of blue paint, or just my own experience, but it has soured me on ever owning another blue car again.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:43 PM
I voted for blue because blue is my favorite color, and I have a blue sensation pearl. It's purty. I don't like orange, but I don't think that the orange revolution looks bad either, it's just not my thing.

Of course, I would never buy a white or black car, I think those are boring colors (though I think both look very snappy on the Fit, especially white), and I prefer color. So if black or white is your preferred color range, I'm probably not the person to ask since we probably have very different opinions on colors.

I would really suggest you stick to your guns and get a color you really want (it's a new car, you should get what you want for the amount of money you are paying). Or, if you just can't do that, pick the color that YOU like best, since you have to look at it everyday, and we don't. Even if there is only one dealer in the area, they should be able to get in a black or white fit, it's just a question of if they will.

By the way, for my fit-buying experience, they did not throw in anything (I didn't ask, d'oh!). I got a good price though, 153xx before cash for clunkers, for my base fit.

Last edited by chloeishere; 09-12-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
O'Daniel, Blue Sensation, $17,820:
Omaha Used Cars | O’Daniel Motor | Used Car Dealers in Nebraska

This dealer shows quite a few auto Sports, but no colors listed:
New Honda Fit For Sale | Council Bluffs

Blue at Williamson:
Williamson Honda Lincoln, Honda Lincoln, Honda Dealer Lincoln, Honda Car Lincoln, Honda Auto Lincoln Nebraska

Orange at Condon:
New And Used Honda Cars And Honda Trucks, Sioux City, Condon Auto Sales Honda

Cornhusker, Milano Red sport auto:
Cornhusker Honda 2009_Honda_Fit Sport

So, if you want to drive to get there, there's one more color in the area.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:28 AM
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Cornhusker, Milano Red sport auto:
Cornhusker Honda 2009_Honda_Fit Sport

So, if you want to drive to get there, there's one more color in the area.
Too bad he wants a white or a black one. I guess he'll just have to go further!

Old 09-13-2009, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
Practicality does have some use in color choice also. I like the blue but bought the white because of past experiences with dark color cars. Had a Black/Black Prelude and it was HOT inside. Won't do a really dark color again. Between the two listed, I'd go for the Orange. while both colors stand out, the Orange is a little bit flashier and also lighter in color so it'll remain cooler.

~SB

Old 09-13-2009, 08:26 AM
The dealership with the few Honda Fits is the one I went to. They have both Black and White but with Navi. I test drove the Black one and fell in love with it but not the price. Is the navi that's in the Fit really worth the extra $2000 in price?

Old 09-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by eswank
...Is the navi that's in the Fit really worth the extra $2000 in price?
Some love it, and will say yes. You get more than just nav, but for me...$2000 for a road map and touch screen climate controls is like buying a gold tooth brush. It just depends on what yer into.....me? Hmmm, $2000....a cute little screen on my Fit's dash...OR, add another motorcycle to my "stable." There's a lotta decent bikes out there around $2k, used. It's a no-brainer for me.

Last edited by Watsoff; 09-13-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
$17,500 is what I paid along with lifetime oil changes and a lifetime powertrain warranty. I personally don't care for either color. Color is really a personal choice and should be yours to make. However, don't settle if you want some other color. Have the dealer find the color you want, especially if it isn't the blue or orange. That is what I did, and got my white one the next day. We too have just one dealer in town and they said no problem, we'll find the color you want!

Old 09-14-2009, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
i drive and love the earlier '07 sport AT model (white ) for couple years now. back when i was buying it there was not much choice of colors and it was incredible luck just to find one at dealership. there was no MT to be found across chicagoland dealers. obviously with such demand there was no incentives, one had to fight to simply not get raped at the dealership to much.

anyho, i love the new styling even better and was thinking about trading for a new one. hypothetically thinking of course. so, are you saying that situation got better for buyers and one can even choose color now (as in multiple cars in at dealership?) let alone gearbox?

oh and if anyone can clue me in what the GE/GD stands for would be awesome.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:45 PM
I personally like SSM or White but out of those two colors I had to vote Blue.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Tankist, you can definitely walk onto any HOnda dealer's lot and find many Fits. I know mine alone has 8. 4 Base, 2 Sports, 2 Sport w/NAVI. I wouldn't suggest to even consider trading in your Fit. Keep that a hypothetical situation. Any dealer would kill you on a trade-in appraisal and then resell it for hefty profit.

As far as the OP goes, I would search the entire area for the color of your choice. If you really want to work with that dealership, have them locate one for you and bring it in. Negotiate out any "locate" fees they might try to charge you, thats all bullcrap.

The Navigation also adds the Vehicle Stability Assist, so the can justify the extra $2000 on the Fit. Not so much on other Hondas that it only adds the Nav and possible Bluetooth/Voice Command. Now we are just nit-picking though.

Overall, just let the dealer do all the work for you. Thats what everyone else seems to do. Just make sure you know what you are getting into with internet prices and such. Some dealers will low-ball the hell out of you just to take you out of the market then load crap into the final price. Be careful.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Tankist

oh and if anyone can clue me in what the GE/GD stands for would be awesome.
GD is the original Fit, GE is the latest model.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 55Fit55
I could have got the salesman a hooker for the night and they would not have thrown in as much as a set a paper floor mats.

I had C4C fever and really did not push much and felt holding out for something like that would not have really mattered. During C4C our local dealer was selling all they had without having to kiss-up to customers.
My experience exactly. Still, the government paid $4500 for my fifteen year old truck with a slipping transmission, and I got the car I wanted for a price I was willing to pay. Plus--I love the car.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I went with orange because it was unique in a sea of blue cars.
That's interesting. I hardly ever see a blue Fit--but it seems like the orange ones are everywhere. Maybe I'm just more aware of them. I thought the orange would stick out in a bad way, but I'm actually quite fond of it now.

One other side benefit--OR doesn't seem to show dirt at all. Mine's truly filthy right now, but from ten feet away you'd never guess.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
I've seen one blue one in all this time looking for other fits. I saw a red one the other day. I got Silver and imo, it's the best color of them all!

Also, I rarely see fits of any color. I just don't see 'em much.

Dan

Old 09-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Shockwave199

Also, I rarely see fits of any color. I just don't see 'em much.

Dan
Ain't it the truth. I've started giving the Jeep wave to other Fits, but I don't get to do it very often.
Moon

Old 09-14-2009, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Me too, but other fit drivers don't seem to be into it! Makes me feel like an idiot! Maybe I should go with that! LOL! Actually, I like having a car that isn't very common out there. The Fit draws looks, every time. Especially when people are pumping fuel...and I'm not.

Dan

Old 09-15-2009, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
oh , srry. almost off-topped it
actually my first choice was blue (so i'll vote that between the two options) but the only blue was sold couple hours before i got to the dealership. other options were to drive 35 miles south for an Orange one or 20 miles north for a Silver. luckly the white one that we found on semi-local dealership had black interior. now i just can't think of better color for this car.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Navi

Originally Posted by eswank
Is the navi that's in the Fit really worth the extra $2000 in price?
I don't have navi on my Fit, but I did notice that Honda charges $185 just for a map update. I would be really annoyed if I periodically had to spend the price of a new Garmin or TomTom just to update the maps, but forever be locked into the built-in navigation hardware that you know will become outdated.

NAVTEQ - Maps for your Honda Navigation System

...Just the view of someone who leans toward being obsessively value-conscious.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Much as I respect Honda quality and engineering, the nonsense of being forced to buy Nav to get stability control really does piss me off.
I just didn't have the extra $2k to spend, and our TomTom works just fine.
Back on topic, saw a copper Fit on the way back from the cabin; little bugger looked just like a FMJ projectile...still like my red, but I'm warming up to the copper.
Moon

Quick Reply: Advice on buying a '09 Fit