2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

radio code needed on a 2009 Fit sport!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
Use an adblock program to block that sig if you don't like it. Adblock Plus for Firefox would do fine.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
That is to consider all points of view, and to imagine yourself being put in any one of those conditions. Much like Kohlberg's stories for the levels of moral development:
Kohlberg's stages of moral development - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So who's rights are you favoring? Outlining the stages of moral development does not remove the dilemma.

Everyone does not have fast internet connections, and in some cases, it's not even available. Suggesting that someone upgrade might entail moving to another area, or another country. Which isn't going to happen.
High speed internet is available to anyone with a clear view of the southern sky. And yes, it works on a Mac. HughesNet Services

I know other people are STILL on dial-up.
POLL: Is anyone here still on dial up????

Seriously....

Again, this is not the appropriate thread to debate internet rights, morals, and ethics. If someone has an issue with another member take it to PM or bring it to the attention of a mod. Simple. I'll guess that most forum members don't appreciate a bombshell argument like this with "radio code" as a thread topic.

Last edited by reako; 10-07-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
Not for nothing kingofpicklez, but your sig movie ALWAYS hangs up threads for me- takes extra time to load the page. May I politely suggest...get rid of that freakin thing!

Dan

Can you please make your sig pic a bit larger? My screen resolution is 1680x1050 and it's real hard to make out the details in your pic. Thanks!

Old 10-07-2009, 02:31 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by reako
So who's rights are you favoring? Outlining the stages of moral development does not remove the dilemma.

High speed internet is available to anyone with a clear view of the southern sky. And yes, it works on a Mac. HughesNet Services

POLL: Is anyone still on dial up????

Seriously....
Re: Kohlberg
I said it was like the stories. And it's important to consider all points of view. To be able to stand in anyone's shoes and say "Yup, works here" or "Wow, that's not right when I'm in this position".

Rights? There are no rights, realistically. It's a privately-run site that can choose to have any kinds of rules they want. It doesn't have to be fair, just, or right for all people or for any people.

But if it's run well, and many people can come and enjoy the site, the site can grow and flourish without anyone feeling stomped upon.

Let's say the 5.0 Mbps type of account on Hughes was required to view this site. I'm not paying $349.00 a MONTH for a web site. That's more than some people's car payments.

It's great if YOU can afford it, but I can't. And no, I don't want to watch a mini-series in your signature.

Let's think about sound. You might have a right to have a party. But as soon as it interferes with my right not to have to listen to that noise, or be kept up all night (which then interferes with MY life, my ability to do my job or go to school or get chores or errands done), then it's no longer an action free of consequences. You do not have a "right" to make me utterly miserable, no matter how much fun you are having.

It just stomped all over everyone within ear shot. Here's what's funny. I have a neighbor, who makes LOUD music. Very loud. Yet when another neighbor was making a lot of noise, my music neighbor yelled "stfu" several times directed at the second neighbor.

It's still noise. The first neighbor doesn't recognize their own noise as being "noise". But it is.

We have the ability to make it easier for everyone, or to make it harder for everyone. Not just on this site, but in our daily lives. Every single day.

Having fun shouldn't make it HARDER for other people.

The animated sigs I've seen don't even have anything to do with cars. And I don't know who the people are. But I think the hairstyle is cute.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member
Re: Kohlberg
I said it was like the stories. And it's important to consider all points of view. To be able to stand in anyone's shoes and say "Yup, works here" or "Wow, that's not right when I'm in this position".
I don't know about you but my morals and ethics don't bend and twist depending on the situation.

Rights? There are no rights, realistically. It's a privately-run site that can choose to have any kinds of rules they want. It doesn't have to be fair, just, or right for all people or for any people.
Right. And the rule is you can have whatever you want in your sig.

I'm not paying $349.00 a MONTH for a web site.
That's your right.

And no, I don't want to watch a mini-series in your signature.
I don't either, I think it's annoying as hell. But it's not something that can be dictated depending on my personal belief or situation.

Let's think about sound. You might have a right to have a party. But as soon as it interferes with my right not to have to listen to that noise, or be kept up all night (which then interferes with MY life, my ability to do my job or go to school or get chores or errands done), then it's no longer an action free of consequences. You do not have a "right" to make me utterly miserable, no matter how much fun you are having.
Noise ordinances are administered and controlled by local government. As you pointed out earlier this is a private site. Truly great argument/story, but not technically relevant to this site/situation.

We have the ability to make it easier for everyone, or to make it harder for everyone. Not just on this site, but in our daily lives. Every single day.

Having fun shouldn't make it HARDER for other people.
Agreed, and I hope I'm not making things hard for anyone, just sticking up for what I think is right.

Last edited by reako; 10-07-2009 at 03:05 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by guitar_trance
And no, I don't have crap computers or crap bandwidth. Sometimes it's so bad it locks up even simply scrolling down the page (the dreaded hourglass or beach ball -- depends whether I'm on PC or Mac at the time... I use both). Yup, it locks up both OSes, regardless of which browser I choose to use... and I've tried them all.
I have high speed and I had been wondering why certain pages froze my browser. Sure enough, it was that animated signature.

Originally Posted by mynameisphunk
Or turn off signatures in your settings.
Thanks for the suggestion. This was a good solution that works but I'll miss the eye-candy photos of the Fits in the signatures of other members...

Old 10-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by MoonDream
Thanks for the suggestion. This was a good solution that works but I'll miss the eye-candy photos of the Fits in the signatures of other members...
I find that if I want eye candy of people's Fit's, I can find plenty....but if I just want to browse the forum, turning off signatures makes things SO much cleaner and easier to navigate. I'm a huge fan of the layout of forums.vwvortex.com (and all of their other portals) on zeroforum - sigs limited to a few lines of text, basic, small avatars, clean and basic layout. This isn't bad without the sigs on, though, and IIRC zeroforum software is $$$$$$$$.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
with the radio code solved..........

The sig in question is inconsiderate (not intentionally, and no issue with kingofpickles, I think he is a really good guy)

his sig is 4294kb, some 270 times a fatter file than my sig for example.

I am not going to scoff at folks with slower internet providers either, not with 16% real unemployment and a crap economy.

Best way to solve it is ask an admin to slim it down (can probably cut the file size in half and still keep it visually the same)

Another thing that probably might work is to put kingofpickles on your ignore list. He does add intelligent info, so it would be a loss unfortunately.

or remove it. I know that I watched that sig intently at first but now I am blind to it (they get old, personally I should swap out my own sig for a fresher one)

Old 10-08-2009, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
Perfect solution might be..........

PM sugarphreak who has a program to slim down the file without visually changing it.

(admin) Tool might be able to do it also.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/member.php?u=16517

Old 10-08-2009, 08:18 PM
so did you guys figure out how to get the serial # for the radio code cuz if you have it then your local dealership should be able to pull the radio code for you...if your still having trouble the pm me and i can tell you how to extract it.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Can you please make your sig pic a bit larger? My screen resolution is 1680x1050 and it's real hard to make out the details in your pic. Thanks!
Really? I fought and fought to get the damn thing a bit bigger. I think it's too small too. I'd like everyone to have a better look without squinting. I'll work on that. After all, it's a shared forum right? It's fine with me to be accomodating. In fact, it makes the place all the better. Thanks for pointing it out to me!

Dan

Old 04-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Exclamation

Hello. I'm new here. I need your HELP. PLEASE.

I bought my Honda FIT 2008 a month ago online (Copart) I'm from Honduras and the car came with NO manual & NO sticker. I wish if someone could help me with my radio code since the Honda page requieres the phone # and the adress given when it was bought.

Here's my VIN- JHMGD3618SO32824
Radio Serial #- 24080593

It would be amazing if you could help me without any payment please
Here's my email: margiepineda13@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps me. I'm really desperate, I dont want to buy a new radio

Old 04-17-2017, 04:32 AM
Radio code 2009 honda fit

Just wanted to let you all know that the radio code for the Honda fit is located on the inside of the lower glove box when you open it and you need to use the fist set of numbers there are only 5 on the radio code. Hope this helps you out.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
FWIW ,, my 07 didn't come with the mythical sticker, I asked the dealer and he said especially the first few years up here in Portland fits were such a target for theft they were removing the decals at the dealer and telling customers NOT to carry the code in the manual. Cause if the car got broke in to the thieves were smart enough to check the box and manual before they took the radio out..

I wrote mine in the bottom of the ashtray with a silver sharpie..

Old 04-18-2017, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
If you are the registered owner, You can just call the Honda Customer service 800 number. If you are not he registered owner then call Honda and register yourself as the owner. Then call again and ask for the radio codes. Honda usually picks up owner changes from state and province vehicles registrations. A few states refuse to cooperate and that is why the call in manual change system also works.

I have done this on two used Fits that I bought in the past.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
You can use this site to retrieve the code:

https://radio-navicode.honda.com

Old 09-09-2017, 06:08 PM
Radio code for 2009 Honda Fit

Ok. It comes down to this:
1) Check glove boxes for decal with code on inner left hand side.
2) If no sticker and have original manual, should have card with code.
3) if no manual and card, press 1 and 6 of the numbered presets at the same time and turn on radio. Code should appear; then enter it to unlock the alert system.
4) if that does not work, need serial number of radio. Extreme way is to take radio out. Cost is currently $80 at Honda Dealer. Not recommended.
5) On rightside of navigation device, press top two buttons and bottom button at same time. Diagnostic screen should appear with radio serial number. Google, etc., the serial number to get the code. Enter the code to unlock the alert system. Service staff at Honda Dealer went through all of these steps to reach the final result in step 5.