2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just saying hello.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 04:20 AM
Just saying hello.

I didn't think i'd ever see the day when I'd go do to the local honda dealership to buy a car but I will be tomorrow. I've been big into going fast. Nissan's big turbo 240's, Mazda FD3S, Toyota's(Turbo AE86's,VIP 2JZ GS). But now it's time to give the environment a break and buy a fit. I'm starting my own production company in Vegas so I'll be traveling with equipment to LA a lot so I'm picking up one of these little cars.

I've been to the dealer and I must say I'm pretty impressed for what it is.
I'm looking at getting a TW base manual with keyless entry option. I pick the base b/c I will be modding it so I'm just not spending the money on the extra package. What bums me out is the gray interior and no cruise. I can change all that though so no big deal. The only thing is if they have the TW manual in just the sport without any options within my local area I'll end up taking it rather then waiting to locate a base.

The first Honda dealer I went to was a joke, totally unprofessional so I'm heading to one across town.

Well see what happens tomorrow. Anyways nice meeting everyone and I plan to be around for awhile. I already see some DIY stuff I want to do to it.

Rob

Old 10-17-2009, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
welcome! pics when you get it! I saw some pics of the taffy base and I love ge bases compared to the gd's. FYI, the base also does not have a rear sway bar, so that maybe that can be one of the first things on your mod list.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Banned
I went with the base instead of the sport because I didn't care for the ground effects and the only thing I really wanted from the sport was the rear sway bar. I changed out the wheels right away but kept the stock tires for now because they roll good and they're really light.

Get them to throw in the keyless. Those keys only cost them about $20 and all the electronics are already in the car. I bought a key for $20 on ebay and just made it in to a Fob. There are a few threads on this but you should be able to just get them to give it to you.

I've had a bunch of fast cars too but I really love driving my manual trans Fit. It's not very fast but you can easily drive it at the max all the time. I've been getting my worst mileage driving like a madman but I'm still just barely under 30 mpg.

I say get the base if you can but the sport is really a great value as well. Base is lighter though with the same engine if you're a speed freak. :P

Base looks great in white too. Also has the dark grey headlights and black mirrors. I like the Honda factory mud guards too but they're not everyones cup of tea. (you can't install them on the sport.)

Old 10-18-2009, 05:07 AM
Your TW base looks good.

I picked up a fit today. I wanted a TW base that was about 8 hours away at another honda dealership in AZ. This honda dealership wanted to charge me another 600 bucks to get that car up here on top of the 710 shipping charge. plus some other options it had that I didn't want. So I got a black one instead b/c it was at another local dealerships lot(actually the dealership I went to the other day). I plan on doing a VIP theme with the car so it might be for the best that the car is black. I got as options alarm, tint and door edge guards. I paid invoice which isn't the best deal but it was easy dealing with them and they treated me to lunch. so 6 in one hand half dozen in the other.

Great little car I already have 54 miles on it!

Old 10-18-2009, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
At first I was thinking of getting a base model. But when it came down to the final decision at my dealer, the Sport was only a $2000 difference. I figure it was worth it since upgrading with a body kit, usb interface, cruise control, etc would cost more in the long run.

Welcome to the club!

Old 10-19-2009, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
Hell yeah Chad T, your Fit is lookin good! Sounds like the perfect workhorse for what you need. I like the base look you have going there with the base/black mirrors and lights, tinted license plate cover, mudflaps...and the rims help give it a distinctive look. Have fun rowin through them gears!

Last edited by reako; 10-19-2009 at 01:03 AM.