2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Using USB stick in radio.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
Umm, I did...hence my REPLY.

Go put people down somewhere else. This is not the place.

And I really couldn't care less how much money you have or what kind of car YOU drive. It is obvious that we drive a FIT. And NEWSFLASH...we like it, so get off your high horse and STFU.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
I think even if I was rich (obviously am not cuz I drive a Fit, according to you) I'd still buy a fit for my DD. It has great cargo space and it's fun to drive.

BTW, let your GF do the talking on here because we don't need asses like you on here. Goodnight

Old 11-30-2009, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
driving a nice car/ shitty car doesn't make one rich or poor...it's all about personal decisions. where did you get that logic from? and no wonder you're an engineer...with an argument like yours thats all you can actually be. go sit behind your computer and compute. oh yeah, stfu as well.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by Fitcious
driving a nice car/ shitty car doesn't make one rich or poor...it's all about personal decisions. where did you get that logic from? and no wonder you're an engineer...with an argument like yours thats all you can actually be. go sit behind your computer and compute. oh yeah, stfu as well.
ROFL, was that supposed to make sense?

You guys get worked up so easily.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueFitSport
No, because we bought the flash drive because someone on this forum recommended it.

From a code perspective (I'm a software engineer) it'd be easier to just show things as they appear on the flash drive, than it is to search through the drive finding only folders that contain MP3s and listing them all there.
As a Software Engineer I would have thought you'd have seen the logic behind how it works. It seems the fit is playing back only folders that have mp3s in them in order they were added to the drive. If you want them sorted by name, change the folder name to be "\Artist-Album" instead of \Artist\Album. do this on the computer and then copy the lot back to your flash drive so it puts them in alpha order. I'd put money on the USB being there primarily for iPods and the Flash drive was an afterthought. The song management would be handled by the iPod and playlists which cannot be done on a flash drive.

simple solution... buy an ipod. (find a last gen nano or touch with a broken screen to keep in the car)

~SB

PS, I have done sofware development in the past and had many engineers work for me (as a Dev MGR) and let me tell you, software engineers all think differently. I've had some that couldn't change the volume or walpaper on their computer... but they could write a program to do it. And as i'm sure you know... engineers rarely are the ones you want developing interfaces. A few are good at both the back end dev and interface design/usability but 99.9% are not.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by specboy
As a Software Engineer I would have thought you'd have seen the logic behind how it works. It seems the fit is playing back only folders that have mp3s in them in order they were added to the drive. If you want them sorted by name, change the folder name to be "\Artist-Album" instead of \Artist\Album. do this on the computer and then copy the lot back to your flash drive so it puts them in alpha order. I'd put money on the USB being there primarily for iPods and the Flash drive was an afterthought. The song management would be handled by the iPod and playlists which cannot be done on a flash drive.

simple solution... buy an ipod. (find a last gen nano or touch with a broken screen to keep in the car)

~SB

PS, I have done sofware development in the past and had many engineers work for me (as a Dev MGR) and let me tell you, software engineers all think differently. I've had some that couldn't change the volume or walpaper on their computer... but they could write a program to do it. And as i'm sure you know... engineers rarely are the ones you want developing interfaces. A few are good at both the back end dev and interface design/usability but 99.9% are not.
And that would be a decently viable solution if the damn thing didn't run out of memory and stop displaying names after a certain amount of folders (the number differs every time, most I've gotten were 208).

Oh well, not my car, I don't really care that much, I was more wondering if there were any firmware updates that corrected this problem.