2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Seat Position?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Best Seat Position?

Hello I just purchased my 2010 GE8 Sport MT, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to position my seats.

I can't seem to find a comfortable position.

If I move the seat forward with the back of the seat reclined, then I have to reach for the steering wheel even when its all the way out.

If I move the seat back with the back upright, I have trouble using the pedals effectively.

I'm just trying to get an idea of everyone else's idea of how they can arrange the seat for best comfort.

This seems to be my ONLY gripe with this car, its probably cause I was spoiled coming from an Si.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:59 PM
well im sure u'll find a position you like.. personal preference..
you do know our steering wheel is adjustable right? tilt/telescope...

i personally have the seat closer up for better pedal feel, back reclined a little, and steering wheel tilted down and extended toward me...

Old 03-17-2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks, I guess its just a matter of fooling around with it a whole bunch.

Raising/lowering the seat used to give me the added customizability that I needed in the Si, in order to get comfortable, and I'm trying to do that in the Fit without it.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
this is also my biggest gripe with the car....i've owned this car for over a year and yet i still find my self messing around with the seats to find a comfortable position. The biggest problem for me is the headrest being too forward no matter how much i lean the seat back.

I guess the best thing to do is to find what position is the least uncomfortable and go stick with it.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Unfortunately, there is not much to be done. I have the same exact problem and all I have managed is to just get used to it. I actually lowered the steering wheel to where it is blocking the top of the speedo a bit so that I can just see the hash marks below the 60 MPH (it's already telescoped out as far as possible). Lowering the wheel lessens the reach too, if you think about it, because it is being lowered in an arch and your arms will need less reach to grab the top. I lowered it just to the point where it does not interfere with my left knee when I work the clutch. If they gave me a couple of inches more on the telescoping, that would have really helped.

My personal opinion is that Hondas are more comfortable for drivers that have short legs and long arms and if you are not one of those, you'll just have to make do the best you can. This does not stop me from buying Hondas though and nothing in life is perfect for everybody so I just adjust. I think I've found a "comfortable enough" position now.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:47 PM
As I recently posted, I recline the back perhaps a little more than normal and move the seat forward to compensate for my arms being further away from the wheel. If I have the seat back more upright I notice my head keeps banging into the headrest. Tilted back slightly it's no longer a problem.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:56 PM
i used to drive a truck. it had a very upright seat position. I could drive it for hours with no discomfort. then i went to a 2006 3 series BMW, with a very low and reclined seat position, back hurt after 30 mins in the car. now im back to the upright truck like seat position of the truck. i love it.

Amount the seat is leaned back was dictated by the angle of the armrest. then I adjusted the seat foward to back to fit my legs at a comfortable length to the pedals. lastly i moved the steering wheel to the right height and length so that i can see the speedo and can rest my right arm on armrest while reaching the wheel with my hand.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
As stated somewhat already, there is no perfect seat position for all. It just boils down to what is best for you after adjusting. I didn't seem to have any problems with the stock seats besides the fact they don't have very much bolster, but this isn't a sports car. I replaced mine with my buckets though after driving home from the dealership so I really can't comment on the stockers.

Hopefully you find a position that will work for you.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
I drive with the wheel as close to me and as far up as it can be, and I have the seat two notches from being as far back as it can be. It's a bit of a stretch to get to the volume controls, but it's pretty good. I've got short-ish legs and average arms, I'm a bit of a goof.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
I have my seat one click from max rear and the back to 75-70 degrees. Steering wheel is telescoped to max and the level is almost all the way down. The top edge of the speedometer is blocked by the wheel but this is my optimal setting. I have to bend my knees quite a bit but its because I'm 6'1 and I don't want to be stretching too much to get at the wheel.

I think ill just get some buckets in the future too.