2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Ford Fiesta, a Fit Killer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by hanzo
Your homemade LED will also fall off when you go over bumps.
Homemade? um no. They are H11 and wedge bulbs LED replacements. Stock housing and will last 10x as longer than a standard bulb. Look at the pics.

I'm not talking about aftermarket led strips bud.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
Homemade? um no. They are H11 and wedge bulbs LED replacements. Stock housing and will last 10x as longer than a standard bulb. Look at the pics.

I'm not talking about aftermarket led strips bud.
Anything not OEM usually breaks. The LED fogs I'm talking about is a strip.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
So I'm pretty sure the new fiesta is not going to look as nearly as cool as all of those teaser pictures. i remember the thread on here with pictures of the new Mazda2. Mazdas website has the mazda2 up on the website now, and it looks no where near as cool as those pictures that were posted. LOL.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by hanzo
Anything not OEM usually breaks. The LED fogs I'm talking about is a strip.
I know what your talking about..if you noticed I already had that picture posted above.

So your saying anything aftermarket for cars are junk and going to break? That's one ignorant statement if I've ever heard one.
I see tons...I mean tons of Chevy OEM brakelight bulbs burnt out on brand new Chevy truck/cars (less than a year old). Next time your behind a chevy truck make note to see if the third brake light is working . So in that chevy truck example your saying if someone one replaced it with a non OEM bulb it would be worse than the OEM?
I've got a K&N drop in Filter...that's not OEM...so that's inferior to a cheap paper OEM filter?

Yes there are some shady products out there but not all of them are bad. Open your mind and you might be surprised.

I even took some better pics for you.

LED's are less energy and last a heck of a lot longer.
Before you comment on my so called "homemade LED" make sure you know what the hell your talking about. Best of luck to your non ignorant ways.

Good luck.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
So I'm pretty sure the new fiesta is not going to look as nearly as cool as all of those teaser pictures. i remember the thread on here with pictures of the new Mazda2. Mazdas website has the mazda2 up on the website now, and it looks no where near as cool as those pictures that were posted. LOL.

The pictures of the US spec Fiesta that are up everywhere now aren't really teasers, because they are actually the real car. It doesn't quite look as good as the euro one--they messed with the air intakes (made the lower one smaller and put a cheap looking insert in the upper one at the base of the hood), and they made the foglamps look dump with those chrome surrounds and the led bar. I think those things made it look cheaper. But it's still a pretty darn good looking hatch.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
I know what your talking about..if you noticed I already had that picture posted above.

So your saying anything aftermarket for cars are junk and going to break? That's one ignorant statement if I've ever heard one.
I see tons...I mean tons of Chevy OEM brakelight bulbs burnt out on brand new Chevy truck/cars (less than a year old). Next time your behind a chevy truck make note to see if the third brake light is working . So in that chevy truck example your saying if someone one replaced it with a non OEM bulb it would be worse than the OEM?
I've got a K&N drop in Filter...that's not OEM...so that's inferior to a cheap paper OEM filter?

Yes there are some shady products out there but not all of them are bad. Open your mind and you might be surprised.

I even took some better pics for you.

LED's are less energy and last a heck of a lot longer.
Before you comment on my so called "homemade LED" make sure you know what the hell your talking about. Best of luck to your non ignorant ways.

Good luck.
I said "usually" and I'm pretty accurate on lighting aftermarket products. They either go out, fog up, and or water condensation builds up.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
I've read a bunch of the reviews and previews of the Fiesta, and the car looks pretty good. I like some of the tech options you can get that Honda doesn't offer (Sync).

Overall I hope the Fiesta is a good car and sells well. Competition is a good thing and Honda will have to upgrade the next generations of the Fit to compete for our business.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
Some previews of the US spec Fiesta's are starting to come out for those interested:

2011 Ford Fiesta: First Drive - ford fiesta - Jalopnik
First Drive: 2011 Ford Fiesta aims to be the new subcompact king [w/video] — Autoblog
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/rev...1-ford-fiesta/

Some noteworthy things I got from those reviews:
1. Interior noise seems to be the lowest in this segment (supposedly quieter than a Corolla for what that's worth...)
2. The dual-clutch auto seems good (though no paddle shifters or any way to pick your own gears is stupid... dropped the ball on this one I think...)
3. Less room in the back seat and cargo space (the lack of rear legroom with the front seats all the way back is surprisingly bad)
4. Gas mileage seems largely correct (at least, it was above 30 mpg), though I doubt the journalists actually computed mileage by hand... but still, at least it's in the ballpark with the Fit.
5. The driver from TTAC said it doesn't feel as nimble as the Fit (woo!) though it probably rides better.

Anyway, definitely a good showing by Ford. Probably the only worthy competitor to the Fit...maybe Honda will bring over some of their European goodies like i-Shift to compete .

Last edited by clicq; 04-26-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
I noticed this as well in the autoblog pictures. I'm not sure how far back the front seats are, or what angle they are pitched at, but dang that is literally almost zero leg room back there!

First Drive: 2011 Ford Fiesta -- Autoblog

3. Less room in the back seat and cargo space (the lack of rear legroom with the front seats all the way back is surprisingly bad)

Old 05-05-2010, 01:10 PM
i had the opportunity to peruse the Fiesta Hatch this morning in the parking lot of my local grocery store before coming to work.

my impressions are that its a nice looking car, and if i was in the market for something like a VW Golf (or Scion tC, Mazda 3, etc...) that'd id consider the Fiesta but i still would have purchased the Fit because of the extra utility.

the materials on the inside were nice but the design felt a little gimmicky for me. looking at the dash i felt like i was staring into the face of a Transformer (maybe cool when i was 16 but im not, im 31).

all in all its a nice car and i think it will do well. but i think for those people that desire alot more utility in compromise of a little less sportiness, the Fit is going to win out everytime. for me, i specifically bought the Fit because it was economical, fun to drive, affordable and i could fit things like my mountain bike it in it without having to resort to a rack (previous a truck owner too and didnt want to go back to a pick up for a daily driver), and nothing about the Fiesta is having me regret my purchase.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes the Fiesta looks good and it may have better specs and all but to me that little "H" on the front and back of my car gives me the peace of mind that i am driving a reliable well built quality made car that will outlast any FORD or any American made car for that matter.

Also specs don´t tell you about maintenance costs and service or repair costs and parts availability. Also dealership service is very important to me. Where are they gonna get my car fixed up better faster? Ford has a BAD reputation here in Mexico.

So having a Honda is a guarantee that my car will last, that it will be worked on by properly trained technicians and that I will pay a fair price for my car repairs and they won´t keep my car in the shop for weeks instead of days.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:06 PM
I am sorry guys if I had known about the ford fiesta, I wouldn't have bought the FIT.

Yes, the utility of the FIT is better but the fact is I don't use it that much at all. I rather have a more refined car. I dont believe in "honda reliability". Nowadays these cars are build in the same factory by the same people in the same country.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by wilcoholic
I am sorry guys if I had known about the ford fiesta, I wouldn't have bought the FIT.

Yes, the utility of the FIT is better but the fact is I don't use it that much at all. I rather have a more refined car. I dont believe in "honda reliability". Nowadays these cars are build in the same factory by the same people in the same country.
not quite, the Fit is built in Japan, the US market Fiesta in Mexico but i understand what you're trying to say... and i use the utility of my car alot, most days of the week in fact, which is why cars like a Golf or Fiesta weren't even in consideration.

if i didnt use/need the utility then the Fit wouldnt have been an option, but again, i probably wouldve kept my Accord coupe then too

Old 05-05-2010, 03:12 PM

Honda reliability isn't something you believe in or not. Reliability is a measurable quantity, and honda scores the best on it. Certainly the reliability of all makes cars have gone up, but there are still significant differences between the various car makers. Moreover, all cars are not made in the continent, much less the same factory, and saying such is rather foolish.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:34 PM
I look at the thai market. And both the fit and the fiesta are made in Thailand though at different factories.

I didn't mean any offense when I said that all the cars were made at one factory. But for example what is nowadays the difference between mazda and ford? Or audi, lamborghini and volkswagen (this one is a bad example but its about the idea)?

I believe reliability is something from the past. Toyota used to be known to make reliable cars but now look at the bad press they are getting.

I look at cars individually if its reliable rather then the brand as a whole.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
I think you might not know how to make a Honda last longer...
Anytime something seems amiss with the car, just chant:
It's a Honda
It's a Honda
It's a Honda

The car will fix itself and drive another 100k miles trouble free.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:17 PM
I look at the thai market. And both the fit and the fiesta are made in Thailand though at different factories.

I didn't mean any offense when I said that all the cars were made at one factory. But for example what is nowadays the difference between mazda and ford? Or audi, lamborghini and volkswagen (this one is a bad example but its about the idea)?

I believe reliability is something from the past. Toyota used to be known to make reliable cars but now look at the bad press they are getting.

I look at cars individually if its reliable rather then the brand as a whole.
Check out consumer reports. There are pretty substantial differences among the brands and among individual car models.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:36 PM
...I dont believe in "honda reliability". Nowadays these cars are build in the same factory by the same people in the same country.
I'm sorry wilcoholic but reliability is like Gravity, it's not something that you can just believe in, it's a proven fact.

2010 10Best Cars - 10Best Cars - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

you'll find the Honda Fit in there...

Old 05-05-2010, 04:44 PM

Wow there is so many wrong things in this comment I don't know where to start.

Ignorance is a very funny thing.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
Here in the Americas, the Fit comes from Japan and the Fiesta from Mexico. Japanese-built vehicles still have a slight edge in quality most of the time.

I did have a Fiesta reservation, but did not convert it to an actual order. I am now in the process of buying a Fit. The fact that Ford engineers did not allow clearance for snow chains/cables was the deal killer, as they are REQUIRED by law where I live.

Driving dynamics, quiet, slightly better fuel economy, feature content for the money, wanting to reward an American company for not taking bailout, advantage Ford.

Resale value, utility, timing chain instead of belt, [probably] better reliability/durability, advantage Honda.

Quick Reply: Ford Fiesta, a Fit Killer?