2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm screwed..

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Yup. You're screwed! I'd like to see your next insurance bill.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by belfastcowboy
seriously who goes racing in an economy subcompact
I have a friend who races a 90's era honda civic hatchback. Of course, its for an endurance race and cars cannot cost more than $500 bucks.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:05 PM
kinda like the story of the tortoise and the hair, only modified with a booster nissan and a fit and cops....and guns

Old 08-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by phogroian
No need to be mean, I'm sure he's feeling bad enough as it is. My other Honda is a turbocharged motorcycle so I totally understand the urge to wick it up. Next time decline the other driver's invitation to race.
No, you are absolutely incorrect. There is every reason to be mean. I know a lot of people with fast cars that are able to resist "wicking it up." Its called being a responsible driver and not being a toolbag.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:42 PM
ecl
5 Year Member
I hope at least the punishment is suitable.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Think about all the people you could have hurt, you are lucky that no one was killed. Your arn't screwed, you got what you deserved. What you just did is reckless endagerment, show some level of remorse and ability to learn and mature; and plead guilty, maybe the justice system will be more leaniant on you. If you loose a year of your life it is better than ending someone elses.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by sonicpimp069
Think about all the people you could have hurt, you are lucky that no one was killed. Your arn't screwed, you got what you deserved. What you just did is reckless endagerment, show some level of remorse and ability to learn and mature; and plead guilty, maybe the justice system will be more leaniant on you. If you loose a year of your life it is better than ending someone elses.
absolutely, I wish someone would have been 'mean' to me when I was 16 and wrecked over a hundred and got all f'ed up

Old 08-31-2010, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
As a 60 year old man that grew up in a suburb of Dallas that Hot Rod Magazine acknowledged as having the hottest street racing scene in the country, I am wish you some good luck.... I've been lucky or I could be facing the same charges for going even faster than you more than a few times in the last 3 weeks.... Take the defensive driving course on line to reduce the fines and keep your insurance premium from getting out of hand and again, good luck.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Of course i fell bad and stupid. I cant stop thinking about it no matter what. I know my insurance rates are going through the roof and i understand it was retarded. but yea i wasnt endangering anyone i was in the car by myself and it the street was completely empty.. except the cop car that was pulling off the interstate while we took off (could see us but couldnt see him..) anyways thats what happened and he spead up as we slowed down he got infront of him (with no way for us to turn around and pulled his car sideways to block us.. then within 2 minutes 9 cops had us pulled over. i understand its illegal and i will have to pay. do i regret it? of course. but whats done is done.. im getting a lawyer btw..

Old 08-31-2010, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
hope everything is ok with you man, feel sorry to hear that,
you need to move to Vancouver, BC Canada.
we have more street racing here too and the fine is not like your place.
good luck and drive safely

Old 08-31-2010, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Dude how stupid are you to race a Honda Fit? I could understand if you had a K20, but take it to a track.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GrocerySnake
Warning!!!

Danger To The Manifold

oh god,

hope he was double clutching

Old 08-31-2010, 07:04 PM
Hey, it could always be worse. Most of us have done things like this at one time or another. It's a hard lesson but it doesn't sound like it will be waisted on you. Good luck.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
you deserve it, but good luck

Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Hope it works out for you and you have learned an expensive lesson. Real drivers take it to the track.

Cat

Old 08-31-2010, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
can I have your car?

Old 09-01-2010, 05:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ecl
I hope at least the punishment is suitable.
Nah the cop forgot to pull the trigger.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:46 AM
5 Year Member
I've done plenty of stoplight racing myself with the nitrous but It's usually against cars I know I can beat and have no clue my car is modded. In addition I usually throw on the win lights (hazrds) or give up about 15 over the speed limit and slow down so that they can do the ricer flyby. I mean, why would you keep going to 90 when you must have known you were beat by 20?

Illinois cops always laugh when they occasionally pull me over for speeding and give me a warning while making fun of my car but you need a personality that allows you to quickly build a rapport with just about anyone.

Also, I'm white, which helps a bunch (not sure why police still profile in this day and age, but they sure do).

Regardless, best of luck to you. I'm sorry I wasn't there to tell you the best advice for dealing with cops when you know you are geting a ticket or going to jail: shut up, Shut Up, SHUT UP! A lawyer could have made this virtually disapear for you if would have just followed that simple rule.

Of course you have to have money for a lawyer and whatever fines you will still recieve, which just goes to show that traffic laws only punish the poor and are really just there as a dependable revenue generator for the city, county, and state.

When the facts are against you, argue the law;
When the law is against you, argue the facts.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 09-01-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Sorry but you landed yourself in that situation! No prayers or sympathy for you. When will people grow up and realize street racing is a huge 'no no'. Take it to the track if you really want to race, or exercise any pent up frustration. You did the crime, now you have to pay for it !

Old 09-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Nah the cop forgot to pull the trigger.
JEEEEZUS thats EXTREME haha

Quick Reply: I'm screwed..