2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm screwed..

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TFREEfit
So i was racing this nissan, who come to find out was pushing 15lbs of boost. and long story short got caught supposedly doing 90 in a 45. Which landed me reckless driving (90 in a 45) and racing which is 6 points in VA. not to mention possible 1 year in jail, 2 of probation, $2500 fine and indefinite car impound. after the car put his car sideways in the road to cut us off, and both officers drew their guns.. pretty much had one in my face, i knew i was busted.. but the fit did handle itself. i know alot of people are going to hate and be like oh your an idiot & you deserve it. but whatever. wish me luck por favor. :'(

Worse, as yopu apparently are residing in VA you have access to Virginia International Raceway near Danville where you can get your 'go fast' injections legally satisfied and with some instructors for a lot less than this 'event' is going to cost you.
Recommend you get a competent lawyer to help you avoid really serious penalties.
PS Unless that Nissan was very old, with 15 lb of boost you shouldn't have kept him in sight for enough time to be racing.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mahout
PS Unless that Nissan was very old, with 15 lb of boost you shouldn't have kept him in sight for enough time to be racing.
The above sentence from mahout is the reason that any thinking person ( like the judge) would realize how bogus the ticket was.... It was still a good thing to have shown up in court with a lawyer.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by GGPJON
I damn near wet myself. Thank you....

And, for what it's worth, I'm typing this reply on a computer in the dispatch center of the police station. My dad was chief of police, I'm a dispatcher.

There are plenty of "cool" officers out there. But what they see as serious out there on the street and what random 20-year-old street racer sees as serious are miles apart on the Real Life spectrum....

People with 10+ traffic tickets think an officer isn't cool because they didn't get a warning. Sorry, those are reserved for people who haven't been pulled over in years and have exhibited a respect for traffic laws and those who enforce them.

Street racers are basicly giving a big middle finger to law enforcement, innocent bystanders, and all the families affected when something inevitably goes bad.

I'm glad Tree got off. The way that he got on here and told his story, it sort of had the feel of a public service announcement and I got the feeling he learned his lesson. That being said, I hope he realizes he probably deserved more punishment and he should be very appreciative of that judge and the 2nd chance he's gotten.

Anyways, just wanted to chime in....

Old 12-26-2010, 09:09 PM
this thread was a bad idea, you should have at least waited until your case is over.

its very easy to find threads like this, especially ones with so many viewers and comments o.o

Old 12-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by phuccer
this thread was a bad idea, you should have at least waited until your case is over.

its very easy to find threads like this, especially ones with so many viewers and comments o.o
Think of it like a 6 page public conviction..

How does a stock Fit drag "race" a boosted Nissan anything, which is probably at least 1.8L, like a Sentra or a Versa and stay with it long enough to get to 90mph?

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 12-26-2010 at 09:55 PM.