2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm screwed..

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 11:15 AM
I thought cops were using tasers now in America.

But racing in a fit?? What the hell are you thinking. I do agree on spirited driving in a fit though. Just to have some fun. I do that sometimes too.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:25 AM
thats why i said supposedly went 90. its a straight lie. because i was only in 2nd gear when i saw the lights and obviously i let off the gas and put on the brake.. anyone knows a fit cant go over 55-60 in 2nd gear and thats red line. so that puts my speed at about 55. you guys act like i was racing thru a school crossing after school just let out. i mean it was in the middle of night and i was driving by my self.. no danger. and i wasnt going 90 which is why its bullshit.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:51 AM
The only racing I do is what I call slow racing which is as soon as the green light comes on I floor it and then hold the speed limit, the Fit has a very fast take off capability and pisses off a lot of BMWs and such.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tankist
"hate" is not correct word here. i'm quite sure you realize you did not do anything smart. racing is fun, but there are plenty of venues to do it. wish you luck? be careful as you are already pushing your luck limit - you and those that were around you are alive, unlike that kid that flew into traffic light at about 90mph couple blocks away from my house.
nah hate sounds about right. i hope they burn you in court so that you learn from it and others see the example.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:55 AM

Old 09-01-2010, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone that survives gets a chance to learn from them.

However, this isn't a totally individual- personal mistake. Behavior like this can lead to higher insurance rates for The Fit across the board.

Plus EVERYONE always say's "I wasn't endangering anyone" there was nobody around..but...

But it's a public street, which means there is no way you can guarantee it's clear and it's not there for racing. The converse is the statement after the fact..."I didn't see the Person or the Car....".

So you are risking lives, others and your own, and helping to define The Fit as a high risk vehicle, and now costing the legal system, time, money and effort.

Learn from this.

Last edited by fitchet; 09-01-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TFREEfit
thats why i said supposedly went 90. its a straight lie. because i was only in 2nd gear when i saw the lights and obviously i let off the gas and put on the brake.. anyone knows a fit cant go over 55-60 in 2nd gear and thats red line. so that puts my speed at about 55. you guys act like i was racing thru a school crossing after school just let out. i mean it was in the middle of night and i was driving by my self.. no danger. and i wasnt going 90 which is why its bullshit.
If the car that you were racing was doing 90 maybe the cop clocked him and not you. None the less you admitted to being involved in a street race. When the cop pulled you over you shouldn't have admitted to anything because in court a lawyer could have argued that you were merely in the wrong spot at the wrong time. This guy was flying and you just happened to be there accelerating to 55 mph.

Street racing is no joke. Learned my lesson 10 days after I received my license, I wasn't racing another car but I was on the parkway doing 95 trying to top the fit out. The cop realized i just received my license and let me off very lightly. He said he hoped i had learned my lesson and he was rite I completely understand the dangers and risking others lives.

I do speed but only 10 over the speed limit at the most, just fast enough to be passing the cars doing 40 in a 50. I do accelerate from lights very quickly paddle shifting through gears but once I'm over the limit i stay at the safe speed.

Just take this as a lesson learned pay what you have to pay and take the insurance hit. I do recommend defensive driving class to reduce the insurance.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
You're hosed. Best of luck, but you're hosed. Let this be a lesson to others that dig on street racing. I am not a hater, I just point out the stupid things you may do and move on. It's not my life that you will be trashing anyway. My hate begins when innocent folks get hurt. Then I'll happily be the guy pushing to see you strung up and turned to Soylent Green.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
A couple of days ago in Plano Texas a guy that was paralyzed from the waist down and in a wheelchair was sentenced to 20 years in prison for killing a few people in a car he hit after he had been seen driving over 100 MPH... He wasn't racing but was drunk......People driving while on cell phones are more of a threat than drunks and street racers combined mainly because there are so many of them... Road rage causes a lot of accidents in urban areas around here also..... You guys are acting like the OP was guilty of all of the above.... The guy was in 2nd gear which tops out and is limited to 60 MPH at most and the other guy had to be well ahead of him if the cops clocked him at 90.... The cops I know would have laughed at him for getting beaten so badly, told him he was lucky that his car wasn't faster and sent him home with a warning.... They are nailing him to stick the guy with the fast car for racing probably because he has been ticketed before.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Good luck to you. That's a expensive way to learn.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
Insurance rates are already bad on the fit it's got a 1.4 vehicle rating factor based on allstate's numbers. In other words, the claims we recieve are 1.4 times greater than the average for new vehicles in either frequency or severity with FITs. I would attribute it to severity since low speed accidents are very costly in the fit compared to say an suv.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member

You almost had me?
You never had me - you never had your car...
Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should.
You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?

Old 09-01-2010, 08:16 PM
You must first be young and dumb before you can become old and wise. I hope you make it.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
A couple of days ago in Plano Texas a guy that was paralyzed from the waist down and in a wheelchair was sentenced to 20 years in prison for killing a few people in a car he hit after he had been seen driving over 100 MPH... He wasn't racing but was drunk......People driving while on cell phones are more of a threat than drunks and street racers combined mainly because there are so many of them... Road rage causes a lot of accidents in urban areas around here also..... You guys are acting like the OP was guilty of all of the above.... The guy was in 2nd gear which tops out and is limited to 60 MPH at most and the other guy had to be well ahead of him if the cops clocked him at 90.... The cops I know would have laughed at him for getting beaten so badly, told him he was lucky that his car wasn't faster and sent him home with a warning.... They are nailing him to stick the guy with the fast car for racing probably because he has been ticketed before.
Ok so he was doing 60 in a 45. Speeding is still speeding. You are just trying to find excuses in order to point the blame elsewhere. Oh my god cell phone users...oh my god drunk drivers...oh my god the cops are making an example of him! Please! He got busted, end of story. This is the same useless argument people try to pull when they get busted for speeding. "everyone else is doing it" Yeah but it doesn't make it any more or less illegal. The guy admitted to what he was doing, he gets props from me. But when you start pulling excuses like this out of your hat, you are just a clown. Then again, you might have a future as a lawyer so what do I know.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Then again, you might have a future as a lawyer so what do I know.[/QUOTE]
Then again I just might be a 60 year old street racer and a clown.... What do you know?

Old 09-01-2010, 09:25 PM
one of my friends was going 98 in a 40, racing, and got a possession charge. hes still livin life, has his car (cept he just wrecked it) and no jail time, i wasnt really close with him so i dont remember exactly what he ended up with

best of luck to you.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
Man just pay the fine be a man about it u were wrong now pay the price period. You did put others in danger like you said it was dark right?? Well how could you see if there was someone about to cross the road than. Like i said earlyer i have done the same thing in the past but guess what i maned up and payed my fines. You know what the bigest killer of US MARINES are its not this WAR its car accidents. But wether u were going 90 or 65mph u were still speeding and wrong. Just pay the fine and learn from the mistake. ITs all about growing up and taking the punishments for youre actions. Don't let it get to u though we all have done it and learned from our mistakes

Old 09-02-2010, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by M4psycho
I don't want to sound like an ass, but posting a story like that on a forum like this just doesn't make sense to me. It's like an attention grabber
exactly...why would anyone purposefully start a thread on how much of a dumb-ass they are???

Old 09-02-2010, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet

Plus EVERYONE always say's "I wasn't endangering anyone" there was nobody around..but...

But it's a public street, which means there is no way you can guarantee it's clear and it's not there for racing.

So you are risking lives, others and your own, and helping to define The Fit as a high risk vehicle, and now costing the legal system, time, money and effort.
agreed..he already admitted to not seeing the cop car so what else did he possibly miss? There is no such thing as safe street racing!!!

Old 09-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by GrocerySnake
Warning!!!

Danger To The Manifold

I LOLed to that hahaha. You even have the colors down too.

Yea, next time don't post stories for something you know you're probably guilty of and get bashed on. It's like saying you killed someone and you're asking for someone to wish you good luck.

Quick Reply: I'm screwed..