2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's too Low..

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
please don't tkae or comments too much to heart, your request is a strange one is all. I have always had to jack up my cars to change out the oil, unless its an SUV. I think the ride height migh tnot be any lower than a standard car, because there are regulations, but maybe the body kit on the sport gives it a few extra inches on the bottom. So parking adjustments should be made. I think you aren't suppose to press your tires up to a curb anyhow, as it might be bad for the rubber at angles, so stopping short might be a good habit to maintain.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Raising the front a little can be achieved by getting some 1/2" rubber matting like is used on the floor of horse trailers at a farm and ranch supply store and cutting round pieces that fit between the top hat of the front struts and the top of the strut towers.
Would that change any front-wheel alignment? Right now the adjustment seems perfect. thanks for the suggestion

maybe the body kit on the sport gives it a few extra inches on the bottom
I think it does..I've looked at the non-sport models and there does seem to be more clearance.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
At least the lip is a separate piece from the bumper and except for painting easily replaced... A car that is driven and scraped up is similar to a terrier with scars incurred in scraps with others of their breed that don't lose points in the show ring because of them... It is inevitable that the front lip on a USDM sport model is going to look like hell... It pisses me off when the lip bottoms out and pulls the bumper away from the fenders though..... Shorter springs will require alignment and lift would as well.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 09-23-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
It is inevitable that the front lip on a USDM sport model is going to look like hell... It pisses me off when the lip bottoms out
And now you know how pissed I must feel since its not the lip I'm talking about. The painted sport bumper, just below the fog lights, have a flaired edge to them, which flairs down. Its this part that has the scrapes. Granted, you can't see them unless you get down to eye level, and the lip section is essentially perfect. I would be happy if it was only that lip section.

Maybe someone ran over a few pine cones.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
I can understand how pissed you'd be... There are a few cars that have had the center section painted black and it looks pretty good I forgot to mention that I have an old 2007 GD3 sport.... I promise I won't hold your scraped up front nether regions against you if you don't mine.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
you are talking about the stock height? your parking curb issue is easy... stop before you hit the curb. the wheel base is short so you wont stick out.
I've been telling my wife this for the past year, but the concept doesn't seem to stick. Last weekend she came back from a trip downtown with the plastic sticking out in front of the right wheel, after she had high-sided on a curb. It only took a few minutes to remove the screw that holds the part in place, stick it back in, then tighten the screw. She has also scraped the paint off the entire length of the right side trim, all the way from the front wheel to the rear, run over a traffic sign post, putting a large crease just inboard of the right fog light, and over labor day weekend managed to grind the left front corner of the car against a wall. I could cry.

There's no point fixing any of this damage, because she'll just hit something again. I don't understand how it's possible to hit so many things in such a small car, but for some people it's no effort at all. I may never again buy a new car -- it's just not worth the pain. Not a new driver -- she's been driving since 1970, but she has done more damage to the Fit in less time than for any car we have ever owned.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
My kid's wife is the same way in her TSX... He turned his Ridgeline over to her for awhile so he doesn't have to worry about his little girl getting hurt riding with her.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:20 PM
In the USA the roads are pretty smooth. I have a Fit down in MX and the toppes (speed bumps) are all over the place. Some are harder than others to go over.
I want to RAISE my Fit because it bottoms out on the toppes.
jbs/

Old 01-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
you are talking about the stock height? your parking curb issue is easy... stop before you hit the curb. the wheel base is short so you wont stick out. I would gather parts for raising a fit would be non existent since aftermarket parts are so hard to come by, I mean its only been about a year that we got parts to lower it...I think you are in the deep minority on this one my friend.
^This. My only suggestion is to get bigger tires but then again it's not such a big problem just don't try and park over the curb