2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 manual tranny same as 09 manual tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 02:18 AM
07 manual tranny same as 09 manual tranny?

Was looking into a tranny swap... I found a very great price on an 07 manual tranny, but I was wondering if its still a direct bolt on to the 09 fit's block, sounded like it would to me since it's still the same L15a motor... but who knows there could've been some tweaks, as I know the heads are different...

Old 11-01-2010, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
trans swap can get pricey...

don't forget you'll need manual trans dash, harness, ecu and additional pedal. I may be missing on other things as well.

Better to trade in and get a manual...

Old 11-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by mole177
trans swap can get pricey...

don't forget you'll need manual trans dash, harness, ecu and additional pedal. I may be missing on other things as well.

Better to trade in and get a manual...

dont scare him, ive done a auto to mt on a 240 its not bad but u need to kno what your doing. idk if someone has done it before but u might only need part of the harness and u might be able to splice into urs

Old 11-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by fitisbamf
dont scare him, ive done a auto to mt on a 240 its not bad but u need to kno what your doing. idk if someone has done it before but u might only need part of the harness and u might be able to splice into urs
I think a little "scaring" or realism is a good idea.

And considering you posted this little gem in another thread today, I don't know if you are the guy to go to for advice on trans swapping:

Originally Posted by fitisbamf
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
i just wouldnt like to push it out of all the parking spaces - no reverse on a bike
haha then id be just like my old 240!
OP, I know we may have gotten a rough start in past threads, but this will be quite involved and will necessitate you taking apart your interior to a considerable degree, in addition to all the other parts linkages etc, you will need.

That is if the bellhousing even mates up, btw.

Other things to ask yourself:
Is the flywheel and input shaft spline count/diameter the same between GD/GE? Will the TOB from a GD make proper contact and disengage a GE pressure plate? does the slave throw far enough/too far?

Are the gear ratios different between GD/GE?

And a bunch more concerns like the alignment has to be spot on.. are there any shims or bolt-hole pegs/alignment dowels?

As another poster mentioned up thread, you would likely be better just trading in the AT Fit for a MT Fit instead of potentially ruining your current investment. It may be a great deal on the trans but is the whole operation worth it for a stock transmission? This isn't like a dogbox swap we are discussing.

But in the end it is entirely up to you! Good Luck! Post pictures/DIY along the way!

Old 11-01-2010, 07:59 PM
oh my car didnt have reverse cuz its a 240 alot of people seem to have the same issue its just somethin wit the tranny

Old 11-01-2010, 10:13 PM
@diamond

yeah... i was thinking about the OTHER concerns that would come into mind as well, flywheel, clutch, alignments, etc. all came into mind and at this point, i know trading it in is a good idea but it's just something for me to keep in mind for the future. since the turbo build is gonna come on its way... i'll wait out on a tranny sway, since a lot of the fit guys out there need an AT friendly turbo anyways. once i do a tranny swap, i'll get a diy best as i can on that too. just a curious thought about the two trannys, because if everything honestly worked out perfect... exedys got a stage 2 clutch for the old fits haha, that would be one intersting story to tell if it worked out... but way out of my reach especially on money that would need to be spent in doing so!