2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Dual Cell Battery

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Dual Cell Battery

Anyone know of a good dual cell car battery for the Fit? I am hoping that such a battery with reserve juice will be able to power up my car in case the main battery dies on me for whatever reasons. I am sure one of these days I will accidentally leave the headlights on after turning off the ignition and I just know that it will happen in a bad neighborhood...late at night. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Battery selection for the Fit is almost nonexistent. There's not any commonly available replacement batteries that are a direct swap for the GE Fit, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a niche product like you're wanting. Probably the easiest solution, besides just being aware of not leaving lights on or doors open, would be something like a Priority Start which disconnects the battery if the voltage falls below 11.7 volts and then reconnects automatically when a larger load is placed on the battery (ie when you attempt to start the car).

Old 01-05-2011, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
You could get a portable battery booster pack if you're really nervous about being left stranded. A cellphone can also help calm your nerves.

The Fit does have a beep beep beep warning if you leave the lights on and open the door.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Virtual

The Fit does have a beep beep beep warning if you leave the lights on and open the door.
Mine gave a nice "ding ding ding ding" sound if I leave my headlights on after switching off the ignition and open the door. My "ding ding" sound like the ding sound in the airplane when you press the air stewardess call button. I like it.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:10 AM
Thanks for all the replies. TxMatt, I like the idea of the Priority Start. I am going to do a google on it. At my age, I am becoming more forgetful. I also wish there is a way to make the ding-dong chime for the headlamps "On" louder, my hearing is not as good as before I am afraid. Thanks for the replies and help.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HondaFit4Fit
Thanks for all the replies. TxMatt, I like the idea of the Priority Start. I am going to do a google on it. At my age, I am becoming more forgetful. I also wish there is a way to make the ding-dong chime for the headlamps "On" louder, my hearing is not as good as before I am afraid. Thanks for the replies and help.
your hearing could very well be fine... more like "selectively deaf." ever notice how sometimes parents call their kids, the kids don't respond and later say they didn't hear them?

Old 01-06-2011, 01:36 AM
I am still looking into installing the Directed Electronics 545T Nite-Lite System (D). Supposedly will make a car's headlamps turn on/off automatically. Any idea if this is a good thing?