2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bisimoto L15 stuff

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I suppose that people in differing geographic locations interpret things differently... Surprisingly we are pretty much on the same page and if you were living in this area or I in yours there probably wouldn't be any kind of disagreeing... You do what you do with your car based on what you do with it, and I do the same.... Inferring that someone that has a supercharger and Swift springs should "save it" because they don't autocross doesn't come across well when there was no intent to post anything at all and it is the first thing you see when you turn on your computer...When was the last time you actually did a midnight run?... That pretty much describes what I do in my car and the supercharger is mainly to get from curve to curve faster.... There is nothing like the rush you get when there is a deer in your headlights standing on the road in the apex of a curve and you are at the edge of tire adhesion doing over 100 MPH... Much more satisfying to me than driving around traffic cones in a large parking lot but not as satisfying as directing close air support danger close while my friends at home were graduating from high school..It's a need I have.
I agree that 99% of our disagreements border on 100% agreement

BTW, I was born and raised in TX...Houston TX...in a toxic waste dump right outside of Clear Lake called Clear Creek. Toxic waste dump is 100% the truth...big Monsanto law suit back in the 80s.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
My kind of thread

Old 01-09-2011, 02:25 PM
In reality there is no reason why the L15 in the GD or the GE cannot be used for high performance applications. The engine is not conscious, and does not know what it was designed for. And for those who are planning to make real power, they will be swapping internals, so it doesn't matter anyways.

Both have advantages and disadvantages. There is also no reason why you can't have fun in a straightline and then take the corner at the end.

Most of the people who are on this forum are regular guys modding as the money comes in, and not everyone go straight to kill mode right off the bat. I think several people in here have picked some very effective paths to make their cars do what they want. As well it doesn't look like any of you are plateau-ing either.

BnD, TC, et al. It is a shame this conversation had to go down like this as I like and respect both of you, but it looks like there is plenty of common ground for you guys to be able to discuss. Maybe we can focus on that?

Or you can both flame me for my 300whp/300lb-ft goals for my GD.

It won't be over night of course. So I expect jabs and jeering for not having done Y before X on my car. It happens. Not everyone follows the same path.

Also, FWIW, on a good day I am pushing >50lbs/min (more than 500fwhp worth of air) through a 2500lb FWD 2.0L which I drive on the street and am making several times the torque of the aforementioned F1 cars chucking out 500HP.

On a high powered Fit using the stock engine you are retaining the factory balance, so you don't have to compromise much. Especially when you get to mount a turbo behind the engine and aft of the steering axle, or just mount a 20lb rotrex compressor to the block, which makes a negligible shift in balance and still retains the bulk of the handling we love the car for. Then just with some bracing, springs, tires and shocks you can really make use of that extra power.

I find that judicious use of the go pedal makes it a nice cruiser even with all that power on tap, and even when provoked I can usually keep wheel spin down even as I roll into boost. But if I just mat the gas of course its useless.

I agree if you can't use the power it's pointless. I just like being able to float along on a couple pounds of boost during real gradual acceleration knowing a slight adjustment of my big toe will let me put a block or two between me and whatever car or truck I need to pass.

Driver mod FTW

Old 01-09-2011, 04:48 PM
DSM, great comments....when the time is right I will be consulting you on how to bolt a Rotrex SC to my GE.

LOL at 300 ft/lbs in your GD...you're gonna go through tires like Tex goes through underwear!!

Old 01-09-2011, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
Tex hasn't worn underwear since 1968.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by blackndecker
DSM, great comments....when the time is right I will be consulting you on how to bolt a Rotrex SC to my GE.

LOL at 300 ft/lbs in your GD...you're gonna go through tires like Tex goes through underwear!!
Haha yea its gonna be interesting to say the least... And I would love to help! PM me any time.

I should mention, Tex wrenched his GD together himself and would likely have some great insight on fabrication/install too. I am thinking that if you can find a used KW kit it may be as easy as finding a belt or having a belt made and then cutting/bending/drilling your own S/C bracket. The rest is basically all universal except the injectors, but you have a couple options there. Then all you need is a tuning device!

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Tex hasn't worn underwear since 1968.
Awesome.

You guys are a riot.

Now play nice or I will come back there and seperate you two!