2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Squeeking noise when going into Park

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by fitchet
No knock on this site, but this thread has existed for 2 months and nobody has definitively been able to identify exactly where or what the problem is, and/or been willing to attempt a solution.

Myself included. I'm far too lazy and busy...to want to try to get to lock mechanisms to try lubricating them.

It also still happens far too intermittently for me to try warranty or dealership repair. My fear being even if I did? The Cure could become worse than the poison...The Idea of doors or hatch's being taken apart to replace or lubricate motors...doesn't appeal to me...

At this point? I'm resigned to the reality that it's just a "sound" the vehicle is going to make. All vehicles have "quirks" or sounds. I can live with this.

Ha, my thoughts exactly. And I'm the originator of this thread. When I hit 30 or 60K miles and take it to my favorite mechanic I'll mention it to him and see if he can do it for cheap. Otherwise, I'll just ignore it, or maybe squirt some lubricant around the mechanism and hope it hits the right spot.

To those eagerly awaiting someone to find the solution and tell you what to do, you could just go take care of it yourselves...

Old 09-28-2015, 07:29 PM
Me too

So... 4 or 5 years later... did any of you resolve your squeaky locks? Mine's just started. If it's not an omen of locks dying and one day not locking or unlocking, then I can live with it.

If it means that my car won't be secure, or will be overly secure (help, I'm locked in!) then I will care a whole lot more