2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Tragedy in Japan will probably affect American Honda..

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
Tragedy in Japan will probably affect American Honda..

I don't want to take anything away from the terrible tragedy in Japan and the people suffering there. It's almost incomprehensible re the extent of the vast destruction, and my heart goes out to the Japanese people!
Speaking with my Honda dealer tho, he did tell me it's very likely that Honda parts may be difficult to obtain in the foreseeable future; at least until the country can get back more into recovery. From what I know of the Japanese people tho, I have no doubt they'll eventually come back stronger than ever!

In the meantime I can live with it...
(And will send a $$ donation to help with their recovery!)

Chazzlee

Old 03-27-2011, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Well said. I can tolerate the petty inconveniences which we in the U.S. will experience over the next few months. Those Japanese have a tough inner core. They completely rebuilt their nation after WWII. They will persevere, and rebuild what they must, once again. I salute them, and pray for them.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:44 PM
I have been reading that they have already started working on rebuilding... getting the basics going such as clearing the main roads and making them passable again.

Once of the comments was that there was some amazement at how quickly they are moving. I imagine everyone is making a contribution rather than leaving it simply to the work crews.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:47 PM
I sent them a donation when i bought their product. That country wil be back in not time. They are the most intelligent for a reason...

Old 03-28-2011, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
I was in my local Honda Dealership just a few days ago. They had posted a corporate memo more or less admitting that the disaster would, did, and will affect Honda. Evidently they have a production plant that was in a severely devastated area.

Looking ahead, I have faith in the resilliency of the Human Spirit. My guess is the routine mechanics of production and industry will recover relatively quickly. Other scars may take longer to heal.

The resilliency of the Human Spirit, the international web that is automotive production, and I think Honda will ultimately be fine.

That's big picture viewing. The tragedy is that disasters like this affect minutia in personal lives and families that I will probably never see outside of perhaps a few news reports.

For that I hope for swift healing...as opposed to industrial recovery.