2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

The dreaded HIDS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by IN2TURBOS
Not to flame or thread cap, since I also ran with a PNP (plug and play) kit for almost 6 months, but just wanted to offer information for those that are willing to spend a little more and get much better lighting on a GE.

My retro didn't take near as long since I already had all the wiring in place from my PNP kit.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-mini-d2s.html

Great resource;
HiDplanet : The Official Automotive Lighting Forum - The Buzz
very nice... did you have to hack up your socket hole on your headlamp housing? I would like to retrofit but don't want to destroy my original headlight housing. I like having my car being able to go back to stock if I need to without having to buy a whole new set of headlight housings to do so.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
+1 for projectors. Not to be an ass or anything but, in the future it would be nice if members did not post pics and encouragements of reflector bowl pnp HID installs and upgrades. it only condones other members to break laws and cause blinding to opposing traffic.

i know it is your car and you can do whatever you want to it but pnp HID kits are just as bad as telling street racing stories as both is illegal. install HIDs if you want but, please do not encourage others by posting and saying they do not cause glare or if done right and aimed right they do not cause glare. in reflector bowls designed for filament halogens all other bulb types (HID w/glare shields, no shields) will always cause light to spread beyond where it is supposed to be focused.

please keep it legal and safe.

I still have my pnp HIDs that i had on the car for a month before realizing how much im pissing off other drivers and found out it was illegal for street use. I could've sold the kit and recoup some money but i would rather keep them off the streets and not in someone else's car blinding others.

my projector setup just for reference.

Last edited by JJIN; 04-08-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitatstic
very nice... did you have to hack up your socket hole on your headlamp housing? I would like to retrofit but don't want to destroy my original headlight housing. I like having my car being able to go back to stock if I need to without having to buy a whole new set of headlight housings to do so.
Nope, this was the main reason I decided to launch the retrofit because The Retrofit Store has the Mini Morimoto D2S kits that install in our h4 housings without cutting a single thing. Just open the lens, install, and close lens. You should align before putting the lens back on unlike me. haha.

Overall it was super easy, therefor completely worth it.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by JJIN
+1 for projectors. Not to be an ass or anything but, in the future it would be nice if members did not post pics and encouragements of reflector bowl pnp HID installs and upgrades. it only condones other members to break laws and cause blinding to opposing traffic.

i know it is your car and you can do whatever you want to it but pnp HID kits are just as bad as telling street racing stories as both is illegal. install HIDs if you want but, please do not encourage others by posting and saying they do not cause glare or if done right and aimed right they do not cause glare. in reflector bowls designed for filament halogens all other bulb types (HID w/glare shields, no shields) will always cause light to spread beyond where it is supposed to be focused.

please keep it legal and safe.

I still have my pnp HIDs that i had on the car for a month before realizing how much im pissing off other drivers and found out it was illegal for street use. I could've sold the kit and recoup some money but i would rather keep them off the streets and not in someone else's car blinding others.

my projector setup just for reference.
fyi, retrofits are still illegal. Any lighting system that didn't come in the car stock is still illegal. Posting pics of your retrofits should be condoned too then...its all illegal. Aiming properly does wonders but yes projectors are #1.

btw, I think you need to adjust your retrofit projectors. You have hella hot spots for projector HID's which will blind even more.
Also I don't have any good pics of my cut off 25+ ft away from a wall but it is a good cut off line.
For example check this out.
http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f...12/#post166056

Like I said before proper projectors are #1 for spreading the light out evenly and having a very sharp cut off line but properly aiming is key with any HID kit.

Last edited by Fitatstic; 04-08-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by IN2TURBOS
Nope, this was the main reason I decided to launch the retrofit because The Retrofit Store has the Mini Morimoto D2S kits that install in our h4 housings without cutting a single thing. Just open the lens, install, and close lens. You should align before putting the lens back on unlike me. haha.

Overall it was super easy, therefor completely worth it.
Thank you...this is very good to know. I will look into this.