2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on factory alarm system

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Help on factory alarm system

Hi,
I have bought my 08 JDM honda fit about 8 months ago but I still can't figure out how to set up and use my alarm system. When I press the lock button on the key, indicator lights flash two times and there is also one red light in the cluster that stays on about 2-3 seconds and then starts to flash. Is there a way that I can check if the system is armed or not? Also If anybody knows how to close the side mirrors using the key remotely?

Old 04-29-2011, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit_cyprus
Hi,
I have bought my 08 JDM honda fit about 8 months ago but I still can't figure out how to set up and use my alarm system. When I press the lock button on the key, indicator lights flash two times and there is also one red light in the cluster that stays on about 2-3 seconds and then starts to flash. Is there a way that I can check if the system is armed or not? Also If anybody knows how to close the side mirrors using the key remotely?
You can check if the alarms is activated by...in the order that you stated when the led flashes after 2-3 seconds or pressing the button twice- hence horn beeps and park lights flash, simply put yur key in the key hole unlock and open the door.. Your alarm should activate at that moment if it's operating properly.
Closing the side mirrors w/ key remote is new to me, didn't know that was possible, and I have an '08.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:39 AM
Hi,
When you press lock button once on your remote, the indicator lights flashes twice showing that your doors and tailgate has been locked and the security system indicator light on your dash board starts blinking immediately for 15 sec to show you that the alarm system is setting itself during those 15 sec BUT your alarm is not being set yet until the 15 seconds is over. You can test this by pressing the lock on your remote once, and before 15 sec lapse when the alarm light is still flashing quickly on the dash, you can use the key to open the door, the alarm will not sound because it is not set yet. The 15 sec is not up.

If you wait for 15 sec after you hit the lock button once, your security light on your dash will start to blink slowly and your alarm is now set. Using your key to open the door now will activate the alarm.

Of course, if you hit the lock remote button twice and hear the beep sound, your alarm is set IMMEDIATELY...without the 15 sec lapse

Old 04-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Thank you for your help. I've tried today and it works but which cases does the system trigger? By the way I searched for the remotely closing windows but didn't find anything. One of my friend has a JDM GE8 and I saw this feature from his car. He keeps lock button pressed down and the mirrors start to close.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Thank you for your help. I've tried today and it works but which cases does the system trigger? By the way I searched for the remotely closing windows but didn't find anything. One of my friend has a JDM GE8 and I saw this feature from his car. He keeps lock button pressed down and the mirrors start to close.
by "system trigger" do you mean the alarm is triggered and your FIT horn is blaring and blasting away or you use the term "system trigger" to mean you trigger to set the alarm... I have a feeling you are referring to the former but I like to be sure to ensure I understand your question correctly regarding the alarm

Sorry... I have no experience in remotely closing windows and can't comment

Old 05-01-2011, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ric01
When you press lock button once on your remote, the indicator lights flashes twice showing that your doors and tailgate has been locked and the security system indicator light on your dash board starts blinking immediately for 15 sec to show you that the alarm system is setting itself during those 15 sec BUT your alarm is not being set yet until the 15 seconds is over. You can test this by pressing the lock on your remote once, and before 15 sec lapse when the alarm light is still flashing quickly on the dash, you can use the key to open the door, the alarm will not sound because it is not set yet. The 15 sec is not up.

If you wait for 15 sec after you hit the lock button once, your security light on your dash will start to blink slowly and your alarm is now set. Using your key to open the door now will activate the alarm.

Of course, if you hit the lock remote button twice and hear the beep sound, your alarm is set IMMEDIATELY...without the 15 sec lapse
OK, I was 15 sec. off....but I wuz close....Dayum that wuz gud, like right out of the manual..