2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Buddy Club V-Con v-tech controller

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Buddy Club V-Con v-tech controller

I was researching on getting a v-tech controller for my '09 honda fit and came across this one. Has anyone ever used this product on their car? If so I am interested in hearing some reviews about it before I go ahead and purchase it. I've read some good things about it, but am still kinda sceptacle. Is this easy to install where its just a plug and play or would it require a lot of cutting and splicing wires? Heres a pic of it.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:02 PM
a vtec controller could be sweet. lower it when you want more power, raise it when you want econ

Old 06-12-2011, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
sorry,

guys that controller doesn't work that way. your current vtec engagement is spot-on perfect. it's set that way from the manufacturer to engage precisely when power is needed AND when the camshaft can provide it. soooo, unless you have installed an aftermarket camshaft, this won't do any good. in fact this would "bog" the engine at lower RPM's. i've been down this road with my old crx, i bought one of these w/o any research. i did end up using it, but that was after i installed my toda camshafts!

Old 06-12-2011, 11:08 PM
This will cause some headaches..

Old 06-13-2011, 09:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wontfit
guys that controller doesn't work that way. your current vtec engagement is spot-on perfect. it's set that way from the manufacturer to engage precisely when power is needed AND when the camshaft can provide it. soooo, unless you have installed an aftermarket camshaft, this won't do any good. in fact this would "bog" the engine at lower RPM's. i've been down this road with my old crx, i bought one of these w/o any research. i did end up using it, but that was after i installed my toda camshafts!
Not entirely true. My VTEC has been lowered slightly with the J's reflash and I feel it could even be another 200rpm earlier. It's a matter of having the right fuel and timing at the engagement point as well as a few 100rpm before the engagement to keep it silky smooth and not feel a VTEC kick as this kick is actually the horsepower dropping off a good amount and then coming on. Linear power is not what most people are looking for with a VTEC motor, but unfortunately they are in the wrong wanting a VTEC kick.

As far as this thing goes though, it is probably similar to the old Field VTEC controller and Spoon controller, without being able to adjust fuel and timing it is more gimicky than anything. Sure you can lower your VTEC a bit and you might get that VTEC kick, but you just lost power leading up to it.