Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Blitz Throttle Controller

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Blitz Throttle Controller

So, I was reading on the other blitz thread and thought I would post here in a more accessible place. Anyways, for those of you with it installed, I understand that it's job is to open the throttle faster, but does this translate to faster track times and quicker response time overall, or does it just make it seem faster?

I guess what i'm asking is, should I buy this over, say, a hks exhaust if I am looking for power and performance. I understand this isnt a power adder, but what I want to know is if this will still cut down track times. Anyone test it out on the track yet? can anyone? seems it would be an easy comparison due to the off switch.

thanks, I am very interested in this, but dont want to buy something that just makes me feel like im going faster without actually going faster

Old 08-11-2008, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
As I heard these are pretty expensive? I think Buddy Club & Pivot etc all got something similar designed for cars with DBW.....

I think the throttle back off too slow now too(although I think Civic Si is even worse). Wonder if this will fix that problem also!?

Old 08-11-2008, 02:18 AM
quicker throttle response/ability to open throttle 100%=quicker and faster car. doesnt make it seem fast it is faster. think about it. read what it does and put two a two together

Old 08-11-2008, 12:17 PM
thats what i thought, but was hoping someone may have taken it to the track to show the dif. in time between a stock car and the sp3 setting

spoon, do you know what they got? i agree that this is pretty expensive for such a simple plug and play device.

and for the record, would the blitz controller found at Blitz - Throttle Controller - Nengun Performance work for a 2008 US fit? i am not hip to the gd3 ge8 distinction. thanks!

Last edited by jaebee; 08-11-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
i have had mine for over a week and i think its one of the best mods u could do. the results are better then other mods and u can feel the difference. and the best thing about it is that you can turn it off

Old 08-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I would consider it if it was more affordable.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:43 PM
how do you install this? i looked on the blitz website but they dont list the fit.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Blitz - Throttle Controller - Nengun Performance has it listed for the ge8, but I am unsure of what model that is, would it be compatible with the us fit?

Old 08-12-2008, 12:07 AM
J_L
5 Year Member
The part # on the box is:

Code No : 10406
Make : Honda
Model : CIVIC Si (2006-) K20Z
FIT (2004-) L15A

Old 08-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenoshainflames
how do you install this? i looked on the blitz website but they dont list the fit.
you just find the stock plug into the accelerator and unplug that. then plug in the blitz throttle controller between the 2 plugs you just disconnected. then mount the display and the module unit to wherever you want and tidy things up. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/cali...troller-2.html

Old 08-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
^^ Hey Doc-Doom

Any idea if this price is going to get reduced later on. Seems a bit much considering the basic components involved

Old 08-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
^^ Hey Doc-Doom

Any idea if this price is going to get reduced later on. Seems a bit much considering the basic components involved
Hey Nick-
Click the link in doctordoom's reply and you will find the cell phone number for Mike Le (blitzusa). You can call him and ask about where to get the best price (and what that price might be) or you can also PM member blitzusa for the info. Mike is in the process of setting up the web site for his own company, and he will be selling the controllers in the near future. In the meantime, he can recommend other Blitz dealers, maybe one in Canada.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
^^ Hey Doc-Doom

i have no idea haha, sorry.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
Hey Nick-
Click the link in doctordoom's reply and you will find the cell phone number for Mike Le (blitzusa). You can call him and ask about where to get the best price (and what that price might be) or you can also PM member blitzusa for the info. Mike is in the process of setting up the web site for his own company, and he will be selling the controllers in the near future. In the meantime, he can recommend other Blitz dealers, maybe one in Canada.
I will have to give them a call if I get more serious about it later on.... looks like AutoX season is over for me this year. *sigh* I totally forgot about the "Canadian Factor" as well, our dollar has slipped to 93 cents.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:54 PM
cann i still get this i know group buy is done...but i want this..now

Old 09-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by spoonek4
As I heard these are pretty expensive? I think Buddy Club & Pivot etc all got something similar designed for cars with DBW.....

I think the throttle back off too slow now too(although I think Civic Si is even worse). Wonder if this will fix that problem also!?
I know that the Si has that RPM hang problem, even the 07/08 FG2/FA5 has them. I wasn't too sure about the Fit until now since I was thinking that maybe it's just all 'drive-by wire' engines?

Old 09-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Fa1
S2k and nsx has dbw also and they don't have these symptoms or not as noticeable. Dunno why honda screwed over the lower end.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:49 PM
so who do i contact i want this throttle controller i know i sound annoying...i saw this product on this site http://www.nengun.com/blitz/throttle-controller
and they have it for 14678 TRC06C-BP1 - Honda - Fit GE8 US $ 303.65is that the same that you guys all have?

Old 09-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Hondasforlife
so who do i contact i want this throttle controller i know i sound annoying...i saw this product on this site http://www.nengun.com/blitz/throttle-controller
and they have it for 14678 TRC06C-BP1 - Honda - Fit GE8 US $ 303.65is that the same that you guys all have?
Find member blitzusa's phone number in this thread:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/cali...ontroller.html

I don't know what the current, non-group buy price is, but I sure like MY controller, and member macbuddy
has lost any desire to buy a turbo or s/c based just on the performance of his '07 Fit with the Blitz controller.

Last edited by manxman; 09-07-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Does this throttle controller ACTUALLY affect the maximum throttle opening percentage? I've heard that thrown around a couple of times but Blitz hasn't backed it up that I've seen. Also, the graph on their description CLEARLY shows that the maximum throttle level is exactly the same as the stock line.

If it does actually open the throttle wider at WOT, then I'll be considering it. Otherwise, I'll save my 3 bills and move my foot farther.

Quick Reply: Blitz Throttle Controller