Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Blitz Throttle Controller

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 12:39 PM
so this has perked my interest 10-fold, and for a few bills for what appears to be VERY noticeable results is tempting. so, first and foremost...how does this affect MPG???...and secondly, i understand anything can go wrong with a car...but i've never had experience with throttle controllers, will this have a negative affect on the engine with repeated / constant use???...or is it more than anything "safe"??? i'm highly interested because i've constantly felt the sting of "no power" with the Fit....LOVE how it handles and the confidence it provides, but a nice...boost in accel. is welcome.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Have you tried these on the New GE 09 Fit.??
I have tried it already i have to do some more reseach and tuning it doesnt seem to work the way we would want it to.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
I've ordered one, and I'll let you know how it does, but as far as safe, it is probably not going to affect reliability meaningfully. MPG, on the other hand will probably go down a little, I think...

Old 10-21-2008, 04:32 PM
i'd appreciate it Scratch. i understand it has different settings...and what i'm concerned about is going back and forth on the settings...will that mess with the computer on the car, throw it off er anything??? if i had something like this, i'd have it shut off when i'm driving back and forth to work (get the best of that MPG) and on weekends when i feel like taking a fun-drive i can just turn it on and enjoy with no worries.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:36 PM
u can change it anytime it's safe you can change during your accelerating or what not hope that answers your questions if your intrested let me know. I can get you one thanks
Mike

Old 10-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by gmayronne
i'd appreciate it Scratch. i understand it has different settings...and what i'm concerned about is going back and forth on the settings...will that mess with the computer on the car, throw it off er anything??? if i had something like this, i'd have it shut off when i'm driving back and forth to work (get the best of that MPG) and on weekends when i feel like taking a fun-drive i can just turn it on and enjoy with no worries.
I was one of the original members of the group buy. Using the controller does not, in any way, affect your car's computer. You can turn it on and off, switch from any of the three settings, as much as you want, and there is no problem at all with your car's performance. At the highest setting (SP3) the throttle opens FOUR TIMES faster than stock, but as long as you have a light touch on the gas pedal, everything is safe. You may want to turn the unit off while backing up in a parking lot, but other than that, it is a joy to have.

Mine is for sale- perfect condition, used only one month. My Fit is totaled. I will probably buy a '09 Fit, and will buy another Blitz Controller when I know that it will work in the new model Fit.

My Blitz Controller will go for $325.00 plus shipping. Will advertise in the classified ads later. PM me now if you want this. I can process credit card orders through my business. Or you can pay more through PayPal. Your choice.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
I am interested in buying this.. really interested and almost made the impulse buy the other day.. but my head is straight now and I still thinking. so, I came up with a few questions for those that have it or those with more knowledge on this product.

Is the Blitz TC or any throttle controller making the throttle open faster than the driver stomping the pedal all the way down as fast as he can to open the throttle? Because I'd like to have a product that can open the throttle quicker than the driver can. Otherwise this product would be for people who aren't quick enough to stomp the pedal to the metal

Also, the performance comparison graphs for the Blitz TC shows the elimination of "lag" seen during initial acceleration. From what I am interpreting from the graph is with the Blitz TC, the initial acceleration will give you "a jolt of acceleration" instead of "a build-up (or "lag") of acceleration". So, when I am at a stop and press down the pedal as far and quick as I can, it feels like a "lag of acceleration" until I reach 3k RPM.

With the Blitz TC, from a dead stop, will this eliminate that 'lag of acceleration' and just accelerate as if I was at 3k rpm already?

The graphs seem to describe what I am asking, but I just wanted to make sure that's what it's really supposed to do. And after thinking about the brand name Blitz, I think that's what this product is supposed to make the car acceleration feel like.. a blitz.. haha

sooo if someone with this already installed or Blitz can answer my questions, I would be grateful! Thanks!

Old 10-24-2008, 05:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by suketoborudo00

Is the Blitz TC or any throttle controller making the throttle open faster than the driver stomping the pedal all the way down as fast as he can to open the throttle?
Yes. The Fit's computer will not allow the throttle to open all the way at a dead stop, no matter what you do. It doesn't really start opening up until 2-3k RPM.

Originally Posted by suketoborudo00

With the Blitz TC, from a dead stop, will this eliminate that 'lag of acceleration' and just accelerate as if I was at 3k rpm already?

The graphs seem to describe what I am asking, but I just wanted to make sure that's what it's really supposed to do.
The graphs shown on Blitz's website seem to represent how wide open the throttle is, not how fast the car is going. But yes, it should accelerate more quickly.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Aha! So this drive by wire thing must be what makes it so difficult to heal-toe down shift!
I thought I was going crazy.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:59 AM
thanks Manxman, i very much appreciate the info and will be looking into getting one of these very soon...not right now because well, its that time of the month where more of my money is going OUT than coming IN if ya know what i mean (bills, rent...hell...just mail my patcheck to these vampires)...and i recently spent $100+ on a Halloween costume (yeah i know....DOH!!!). anyway, i'm pretty much SOLD on this...i'd say next paycheck its a GO GO GO....and thanks Blitz for the heads up, i'll be chatting with you fellas shortly.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for answering Scratch&Dent! Just what I wanted to hear.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Installation pictures

I just received mine today! The packaging is nice. I didn't take pictures because I opened it right away

[I was in a hurry to write this up and did not rotate pictures so just tilt your head to the side ]

Anyways, the installation was easier than I thought at first. There is nothing to unscrew, just unplug and then plug and play. I couldn't find the plug at first but it's right at the top of the gas pedal thing.. here i show.

To disconnect the plug, there is a little notch on the right side of the plug to press on. It should come out easily with a gentle pull.
Same goes for the actual harness plug, because the connectors are plugged together when I took it out of the box. Just find the little lock notch and press before you pull, no force is necessary.

Once you connect the harness to the car's TPS plug, you can connect the harness plug to the gas pedal connector.

Secure loose wires like so..

bring the wire from behind the center console to the other side like so..

Then find a place to stick the control unit box as well as the Throttle controller unit, for now I have it stored in the little tray in front of the cup holders and I have the TC above the CD player eject button like so.. I used velcro for the TC so I can place it back in the tray when it is not in use and away from sunlight.

I made two small videos that aren't very good (and not very scientific testing standard).. but hey they are videos I wanted to share with you
YouTube - Blitz Throttle Controller Honda Fit RPM gauge
YouTube - Blitz Throttle Controller Honda Fit test rpm

Did a small test run with it, but didn't really get to get the full experience of it.. will update later, must study for test now

Review: (this is on-going, i'll update it when I have more usage with the TC :-) )
This is an Automatic Fit Sport perspective. Only mod engine-wise is PRM intake. hopefully DC header when i get around to it.

Update 1:
short version:
pros: instant 'kick' when you press the pedal by opening throttle quicker, acclerating from 0 to whatever speeds seems quicker, it feels like I still have extra power when in 5th gear even at cruising speed, accelerating in 5th gear while maintaining same RPM, going up moderate hills in 5th gear and maintaining that speed, 4 modes, super easy installation (if you can plug/unplug a power cord you can install this lol)
cons: 400 bucks (350+tax!!!+shipping) ebay. I could say it doesn't add HP or torque.. but I knew that before I bought it and the product states that as well so that will not apply to this review.

So far after 2 days of owning the TC, I have had mixed feelings. My first impression, I think I expected too much. Even though it says "does not increase HP, etc.." I was expecting it to make me faster still haha. So the first day I was trying to test out how fast I can jump off the line.. I felt an instant 'kick' everytime i pressed the pedal down. None of that gradual increase to accelerating (even if you stomp on the gas pedal), you know that "dip" of an accleration feeling (at least for my auto)? Now that 'kick' feeling I believe is the Throttle opening up quicker. For now, ECO to SP3 modes all have that kick the instant I press the pedal. As for the degree in quickness or amount of 'kick' experienced i'll get back to u on that. But overall on the acceleration, it's a great feeling! like this
The whole new acceleration experience is mostly due to the throttle opening up quicker and probably opens more as well, since in the product description the stock throttle butterfly thing doesn't open 100% but with the TC it will open it more than stock's max. Anyways, if the throttle is opened bigger, to me that translates to achieving a little more out of whatever engine mod you do. SO in my case, the PRM intake. I have heard the intake working at its max potential and usually the intake isn't making much noise when I'm accelerating normally, but when I am in one of the TC modes, i can hear it working when my foot's on the gas. This means the throttle is opened a lot more than stock when I am accelerating. I wonder how this would feel if I still had my chambered H-fit supa sucka with a chamber full of readily available intake air and the quicker throttle opening.. o man.. that'll feel like a kick with a steel toe boot! Okay back to the acceleration feeling.. So with the TC OFF after each gear shift up it feels like the engine takes a short rest begining at 75% and works its way back up to 100%. With the TC ON, when I am accelerating up through the gears, every gear I shift to it feels like the engine is working 100% to keep me accelerating, there is no rest! From a stop, going from 1st to 5th gear seems noticably quicker.

Once in 5th gear with SP3 mode, while crusing it feels like I still have extra accelerating power going on. It feels like the car is telling me "hey if u press on me just 1 cm more i'll open the throttle a little more to let some more air in but I'll keep your RPM's at your current cruising speed" (haha i'm getting sleepy typing this..) This TC wont let you pass cars quickly (since it does not add HP), but it will allow you to slowly pass cars without downshifting since it opens the throttle up a little more. All I know is, 5th gear feels totally different in SP3 mode. When the car is at 70-75 mph my foot is barely press the gas pedal to maintain speed. And if i wanted to accelerate without downshifting I could, whereas if I was stuck in the same exact situation with the TC OFF I would have to downshift to maintain the same results. This last example also applies with going up moderate hills in 5th gear with the TC ON versus the need to downshift to 4th gear with the TC OFF.

get what i'm sayin? If no, I am way too sleepy to be doing a write-up. If yes, wow you are pretty interested in this TC to understand my write-up done half awake ! jk

The next update will be first tank MPG using only ECO mode.

so far the tank fillup today was 32mpg. about 70% of that tank was with the TC installed. but i'll let u know how my mpg improves or not..

Last edited by suketoborudo00; 10-31-2008 at 04:10 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:58 AM
suketo, awesome little DIY i think i'll use this whenever i buy one. looking forward to reading your review on it, everything i've read so far makes it sound great...so i expect nothing less from your point of view. study up, and good luck on your test .

Old 10-31-2008, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
I was at Blitz today and had the liberty to try out this gizmo. It makes much much difference! This is a must buy for me. Tested it on another forum members GE8 today too and everything seemed fine, his tires were slipping! and thats good! lol. great low cost alternative to boost IMO =]

Last edited by AnlDyxp_GD3; 10-31-2008 at 04:09 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member
i think cars with more HP or more engine mods are going to have better experience than me with just intake.

and thanks gmayronne

Old 10-31-2008, 06:29 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Here's my mini review of the TC. I've had it for a few weeks now, going through 3 tanks of gas with it.

It's not a "can't live without it" item, but I certainly don't WANT to do without it. I always keep it on SP3, never on ECO-SP2 - there just isn't enough difference in the lower modes to bother with the TC. When comparing stock to SP3, there is a huge difference in the response of the car (mostly psychological I'm sure, but that is still a huge part of the experience). I try to be frugal with the gas so when the TC is off, the car feels like it takes forever to get to the speeds I want without jamming on the throttle and wasting gas - when SP3 is on, I can get to the speed I want as fast as I want without the overhanging guilt and dislike of physically jamming on the throttle.

People can argue all they want about how there aren't any performance gains from the TC, or that it's the same thing as flooring the gas everywhere you go - it just isn't the same. I went and bought the unit having my doubts, and I had mixed reactions to it for a couple days. Soon enough though, I learned that sticking to SP3 and making adjustments to the effect of the TC made my driving life much more fun and easier. Launching onto the highway or driving up hills is no longer a grating experience.

It's also nice that I was getting 27-28mpg before the TC, and now I'm getting 27-30mpg. My last tank (50/50 city highway) was 29mpg, the one before that 30mpg, the one before that 27mpg ... and these are all with SP3 on the whole tank. BY THE WAY, I've NEVER gotten 30mpg driving my daily route before, in the whole 16k miles I've driven this car - only 32mpg once when doing a 80% highway trip.

In the end, you just have to ask yourself if having more fun driving and feeling like the car suddenly grew a pair is worth $350+. I wasn't sure before but now I have no regrets regarding the hole it left in my wallet.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:08 AM
Nice review Koi!!!

I have been debating on purchasing this thing for a month now.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
In the end, you just have to ask yourself if having more fun driving and feeling like the car suddenly grew a pair is worth $350+. I wasn't sure before but now I have no regrets regarding the hole it left in my wallet.[/quote]

HAHA. it is a definite must, i was very suprised when i got a chance to test it out. that means you gota get those chrome balls on trucks and hang it from the bottom of your car

Old 10-31-2008, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
yeahhh nicely put koi! that's much better wording than my review haha

Originally Posted by Koi
Here's my mini review of the TC. I've had it for a few weeks now, going through 3 tanks of gas with it.

It's not a "can't live without it" item, but I certainly don't WANT to do without it. I always keep it on SP3, never on ECO-SP2 - there just isn't enough difference in the lower modes to bother with the TC. When comparing stock to SP3, there is a huge difference in the response of the car (mostly psychological I'm sure, but that is still a huge part of the experience). I try to be frugal with the gas so when the TC is off, the car feels like it takes forever to get to the speeds I want without jamming on the throttle and wasting gas - when SP3 is on, I can get to the speed I want as fast as I want without the overhanging guilt and dislike of physically jamming on the throttle.

People can argue all they want about how there aren't any performance gains from the TC, or that it's the same thing as flooring the gas everywhere you go - it just isn't the same. I went and bought the unit having my doubts, and I had mixed reactions to it for a couple days. Soon enough though, I learned that sticking to SP3 and making adjustments to the effect of the TC made my driving life much more fun and easier. Launching onto the highway or driving up hills is no longer a grating experience.

It's also nice that I was getting 27-28mpg before the TC, and now I'm getting 27-30mpg. My last tank (50/50 city highway) was 29mpg, the one before that 30mpg, the one before that 27mpg ... and these are all with SP3 on the whole tank. BY THE WAY, I've NEVER gotten 30mpg driving my daily route before, in the whole 16k miles I've driven this car - only 32mpg once when doing a 80% highway trip.

In the end, you just have to ask yourself if having more fun driving and feeling like the car suddenly grew a pair is worth $350+. I wasn't sure before but now I have no regrets regarding the hole it left in my wallet.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:56 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Koi

Very good description! I had my Blitz controller for only about a month before crashing my '07, and hate the fact that Blitz does not have a model that works on the '09 Fit that I just bought as a replacement. Those of us with new '09s have a reason to be jealous of any 1st. Gen Fit with a Blitz Throttle Controller.

Quick Reply: Blitz Throttle Controller