2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fit LX 2011 and tweeter speakers

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member
Fit LX 2011 and tweeter speakers

I have a Honda Fit LX 2011 with 4 speakers in the doors. Is it possible to add the tweeter speakers easily? Is there the wiring in place? Cost and sound difference?

Thanks!

Old 06-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah, it's easy - get "tune up" tweeters. They connect directly to the main speaker terminals and have a small electronic box that only lets the high frequencies through. They can be mounted high up on the fits doors. There's a clamp ring that goes on the inside to hold the tweeter in place. You'll need to remove the door panel and cut a hole for the tweeter to go in ( I used a hole cutter device on an electric drill ). Make sure that you measure how much depth you have behind the door panel before buying the tweeters. Cost? -depends on what country you're in.. I've done this job on a Ford and will get round to the Fit soon. These tweeters are cheap and do enhance the sound.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:20 PM
There are tweeter cut outs in the Fit already no matter if you have the base or sport model. They are the little holes up by the A-pillar.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ItstheWoo
There are tweeter cut outs in the Fit already no matter if you have the base or sport model. They are the little holes up by the A-pillar.
Bingo!

I used a Hole saw on both of my integras to mount the tweeters and it looked sooooo good. Factory look. on the FIT, i'd use the stock locations but fortunately, i dont' have to as I have the sport. I have a nextra set of Kappa speakers so I might upgrade one day but I think a Sub would come first.

~SB

Old 06-30-2011, 03:00 AM
Re: Itsthewoo s post - I can't see any small cutouts - do you mean on the inside of the door panel, once removed ?

Old 06-30-2011, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
On the Dash, at the base of the windshield there are two round objects, one by each side triangular window by the A-pillar. those are the "cut-outs" for the tweeters.

~SB

Old 07-01-2011, 12:26 AM
The cut outs that Specboy refers to are air vents. Also they are oval so it won't be possible to flush mount tweeters as all tweeters are round plus getting to the back would be nearly impossible. I guess you could clip on some surface mount tweeters but it then looks like an aftermarket mod. I'll be buying some tweeters soon and fitting them into my doors - I'll post some pics when done

Old 07-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by VodkaAlan
The cut outs that Specboy refers to are air vents. Also they are oval so it won't be possible to flush mount tweeters as all tweeters are round plus getting to the back would be nearly impossible. I guess you could clip on some surface mount tweeters but it then looks like an aftermarket mod. I'll be buying some tweeters soon and fitting them into my doors - I'll post some pics when done
Honda Fit Parts - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

Old 07-01-2011, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
Not the Air Vents. Those are not at the base of the windshield or A Pillar.

The ones at the base of the windshield. Look at the photo below. From the right side vent, you'll see the oval Side window vent right above it. look above that and you'll see a circular "grille". Those are the OEM Tweeter locations.

~SB

Old 07-02-2011, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the pics Specboy. My Jazz doesn't have those cut outs in the dash so I'll go with my original idea of flush fitting them in the doors

Old 07-02-2011, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the pics Specboy. My Jazz doesn't have those cut outs in the dash so I'll go with my original idea of flush fitting them in the doors
ahhh ok. A word of advice on the hole-saw. Run the hole-saw backwards when cutting. This will provide a smoother edge. When I did this on both integras, I had to go through the softer plastic and doing this prevented creating a "rip" in that. It essentially melted its way through the plastic instead of cutting and creating jagged edges. I first drilled a pilot hole from the inside of the door panel outwards, then ran the hole-saw backwards from the outside in; cutting/melting my way through the softer outer plastic. I did this either 6 or 8 times (can't remember if I had tweeters in the rear of the 93 Integra but I had 4 tweeters on the 2000 Integra - 2 front, 2 rear)

~SB