2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LMS recall done, however...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
LMS recall done, however...

Took my car in to get the LMS recall work done. Took the dealer about 6 hours to complete. When I received the call saying they were done they mentioned that the clip broke off the plastic piece near the left wiper (sorry don't know the exact name of it). Since they didn't have a replacement on hand, they assured me the part was ordered and they would call me to bring in the car and have it fixed in less than 5 minutes. They wrapped the broken piece and left it in the car.

Name:  DSC_0018.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  15.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0015.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  26.3 KB

Upon further inspection after bringing it home, I noticed that the piece did not appear to be broken at all. In fact, I was able to snap it in place very snugly. I'm very familiar with these black plastic Honda pieces and their weak clips, but I could not find anything wrong with it. I really took alot of time inspecting every single inch of this piece and could not find anything broken/missing... Below are before and after pics:

Name:  DSC_0019.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  70.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0020.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  59.6 KB

For some odd reason a new hood latch was installed as well... Not exactly sure why, but it works perfectly fine... It could be they broke it or something.

Name:  DSC_0021.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  49.5 KB

I'm guessing the reason behind the 'broken clip' is just another way to have Honda sucker me into bringing my car in for unneeded repairs...? What do you guys think? Anyone else have had any issues with the LMS recall?

Old 08-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Banned
It's odd for that white clip to stay with the part. Maybe they thought it was missing?

Old 08-05-2011, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
ote=calrose rice;1019907]

I'm guessing the reason behind the 'broken clip' is just another way to have Honda sucker me into bringing my car in for unneeded repairs...? What do you guys think? Anyone else have had any issues with the LMS recall?[/quote]

I am sure that is why they want you to come back. Geez

Old 08-05-2011, 11:43 AM
I had a very similar issue with the same piece but with mine the little white plastic clip piece actually did break. It stayed connected in the hole in the metal above the bolt, but the square end that attaches to the black plastic trim piece was broken. If your experience is like mine, it really couldn't be an excuse to have you bring it back for other repairs, because when the new white clip arrived they literally reattached the trim piece in 30 seconds while I stood there. They never even pulled the car into the shop.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
ote=calrose rice;1019907]

I'm guessing the reason behind the 'broken clip' is just another way to have Honda sucker me into bringing my car in for unneeded repairs...? What do you guys think? Anyone else have had any issues with the LMS recall?
I am sure that is why they want you to come back. Geez [/quote]
Lol, yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it was a reason for me to come back. Every time I go there they always ask me if I want this or that when I really don't need anything more than what I go there to do.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by klane
I had a very similar issue with the same piece but with mine the little white plastic clip piece actually did break. It stayed connected in the hole in the metal above the bolt, but the square end that attaches to the black plastic trim piece was broken. If your experience is like mine, it really couldn't be an excuse to have you bring it back for other repairs, because when the new white clip arrived they literally reattached the trim piece in 30 seconds while I stood there. They never even pulled the car into the shop.
That's exactly what they said they would do with my piece. But it not being broken to begin with raises an eyebrow... You would think their certified technicians would be able to distinguish broken from not broken.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
OR there's something else they broke and just using that piece as an excuse for you to bring it back.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Banned
That's a good point. Maybe they broke the cowl clips. Might be something to check.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:27 PM
I would just let them replace it based on the fact that its all scoffed up.