2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Uhhh.. '12 Kia Rio5 sure looks good!

Old 09-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by concorde
Mate, give us some more background info on your daughter's experience; the year of her Kia, and whether she bought it new or used. Also, please elaborate on her driving style. I don't know about her, but my youngest son at 16 rags out his little Focus.

Personally, I baby my cars that I work hard for, but I shake my head in disbelief when I see how others abuse theirs.

But to answer your question, yes, I still want a Kia. I prefer an automatic transmission anyway. These cars are subcompacts. Not Ferrari's.
Bought it new. Drove a Dakota for 3 years before the Rio. Never a problem. My point is that they lied about clutch issues. I saw 5 hooked in for the same problem. The drivers were not hot doggers. A teacher friend who knows how to drive M/T's had 3 clutches go in 1 1/2 years, they admitted they had defective throw-out bearings, and stated that they were the cause. Still no warranty coverages. They also replace ackowledged deffective parts with the same defective parts until the warranty expires, then charge you for the same parts, still defective. No attempt to fix the defect. Get one if you want, it is your money, but a company like that will never get my business again.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by wetphoto
Bought it new. Drove a Dakota for 3 years before the Rio. Never a problem. My point is that they lied about clutch issues. I saw 5 hooked in for the same problem. The drivers were not hot doggers. A teacher friend who knows how to drive M/T's had 3 clutches go in 1 1/2 years, they admitted they had defective throw-out bearings, and stated that they were the cause. Still no warranty coverages. They also replace ackowledged deffective parts with the same defective parts until the warranty expires, then charge you for the same parts, still defective. No attempt to fix the defect. Get one if you want, it is your money, but a company like that will never get my business again.
This has been posted long ago but just a heads up. I have a rio other than from owning a fit but you are correct there has been rumor that there was clutch kit but as far as i know the auto maker has already conducted recalls for this model...On the other hand, some KIA parts have been recalled as well including the engine and the suspension. Guess KIA is not just having problem with the service but in terms of revenue as well.