2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMG. Its here. Type M kit for the USDM Honda Fit GE!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Leets
I'm not sure how I feel about it. You should show the kit painted, with pics of the side and rear too. Also, put some coilovers and some nice wheels on that test car you're using.
I'll photo'chop those in for you later. We can't ask the owner of the car to come up all that money just so we can provide better pictures. It wouldn't be fair to him. I will offer one of these kits to someone on the forum for an extremely low price once its completed, so they can provide us with feedback and pictures.

Originally Posted by blassty
Does the OEM fog lights fit on these somehow? I prefer the INGS front end than the Mugen, but I appreciate you supporting the USDM GE.

Edit: Nevermind, I see these are round and OEM are more oval.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
I feel that you should post pictures once you have it painted and complete cause it doesn't seem to have me interested in it.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm sure when it's all prettied up, painted and with fog lights in place it'll look good. Curious to see how the sides and rear look though. Is the rear an add-on or a completely different rear bumper?

Nvm: Just re-read it: rear add-on. Still, anxious to see the final mold.

Last edited by AllBlkEvrythng10; 11-11-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Can't reed gud
Old 11-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by vinn
I feel that you should post pictures once you have it painted and complete cause it doesn't seem to have me interested in it.
These pics are really for visual satisfaction. They are to show how well the bumper fits. At the end of the day you don't want to shell out twice as much to get the bumper fitted and installed now do you? I can understand your point of view but its going to be a while before completed pictures with paint are up.

Originally Posted by AllBlkEvrythng10
I'm sure when it's all prettied up, painted and with fog lights in place it'll look good. Curious to see how the sides and rear look though. Is the rear an add-on or a completely different rear bumper?

Nvm: Just re-read it: rear add-on. Still, anxious to see the final mold.
You got it! I will post the rear add on pictures after they are dont testing it!

Old 11-12-2011, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Since you guys are asking for feedback, I don't remember anyone offering a group buy with pics of an incomplete product. Think about it. When a company announces a new product line, do you see them showing work in process pics and right away offering a group buy or discounts?
That's not how you do business and to be quite frank, it looks kinda shady.

All I'm saying, like some other people have said, show I finish, painted product first. Group buy shouldnt even come to mind on the forums yet.

Also, stating that it would be unfair to the owner to pay for wheels, suspension and so on for pics comes off very cheap. You, the company, should be the one to cover that cost. It's part of marketing. If youre coming off cheap when it comes to marketing, what does that say about your product?

Whoever is managing your shop or company needs to take all this in consideration or learn how to manage better.

This is some free advice. No flaming. Just advise.

Make the kit. Test fit it. Drive it on a car for thousands of miles, through different weather, then work out the last details before offering for sale. Don't finish the mold and just send it overseas for manufacturing and throw it on sale.

There's a reason why the best products take time to come to market. And your customers will appreciate it more.

Unless this is something cheap that is meant for eBay. Just like those performance chips that promise 60hp for cheap.

Again, free advice.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by Cornerstrike
Since you guys are asking for feedback, I don't remember anyone offering a group buy with pics of an incomplete product. Think about it. When a company announces a new product line, do you see them showing work in process pics and right away offering a group buy or discounts?

All I'm saying, like some other people have said, show I finish, painted product first. Group buy shouldnt even come to mind on the forums yet.

Also, stating that it would be unfair to the owner to pay for wheels, suspension and so on for pics comes off very cheap. You, the company, should be the one to cover that cost. It's part of marketing. If youre coming off cheap when it comes to marketing, what does that say about your product?

Whoever is managing your shop or company needs to take all this in consideration or learn how to manage better.

Make the kit. Test fit it. Drive it on a car for thousands of miles, through different weather, then work out the last details before offering for sale. Don't finish the mold and just send it overseas for manufacturing and throw it on sale.

There's a reason why the best products take time to come to market. And your customers will appreciate it more.

Unless this is something cheap that is meant for eBay. Just like those performance chips that promise 60hp for cheap.

Again, free advice.
I don't see how a company who can dedicated themselves to their designated audiance enough to show rough drafts and "teasers" can be considered "shady" but i guess. keep up the good work guys! i'm glad your excited enough to show us your rough drafts. sorry to say though, its not my cup of tea also don't remember anyone offering group buys with rough molds and incomplete products? lol *cough cough* JDP.

Last edited by EvoFit; 11-12-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:10 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah. Another company, wait, a different company did this on 8thcivic years ago. They were selling replica Type R spoilers manufactured in china(over seas) and a great price. Showed pictures, even painted, but when the first 8thcivic member received this great looking, but cheap product, it was of very poor quality and not even the right dimensions.

Test fitting once is not enough. Things get test fitted, removed, inspected, fitted again, driven thousands of miles in different weather and ride heights, etc, in order to make sure you have a good item.

Not everything good has to be expensive. Just like an Enkei RPF1 is as light and strong as a Volk CE28, but for one third the cost, and even proven in F1 racing(the manufacturing process that is).

Last edited by Cornerstrike; 11-12-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:32 AM
Great looking nose, better than the stock. I am interested!. I would like to see it one color too.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:24 AM
I would like to see the wing

Old 11-12-2011, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
this is the kit that i originally wanted when i bought my fit. glad to see someone is finally at least trying to help out the usdm with it! it's exciting to see a work in progress, and i look forward to seeing the primed and painted product.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Cornerstrike

Again, free advice.
Thanks for your free advice. Although you are not even close to knowing what 90% of our customers want. People want to see fitment pictures first and foremost. If the kit doesn't fit then why would a person buy it? My intentions here are to give everyone a price breakdown and also to show proper test fit photos. I can get it painted for you but if it doesn't fit right then NO ONE will buy it. It's called baby steps, we are showing you the build and fitment. I am not opposed to getting it painted. But, it is not our responsibility to get it painted or offer wheels to someone. We are not doing this on a sponsorship level. This kit is for the masses. I can just as easily photo'chop this kit painted with wheels and make everything fit spot on, but I am here trying to show you raw, unedited pictures. So you know that you will not have any issues. Paint is done at a autobody/collision center. Thats not our forte. Regardless of what we are talking about here, I am sure I can find a more then willing local customer with a modified Fit (i.e. Wheels/Rims) to come down to our warehouse where we would offer him/her an exclusive discount on the kit if they get it painted and installed within a week. This is to satisfy those who seem to care more about paint then fitment.

Originally Posted by EvoFit
I don't see how a company who can dedicated themselves to their designated audiance enough to show rough drafts and "teasers" can be considered "shady" but i guess. keep up the good work guys! i'm glad your excited enough to show us your rough drafts. sorry to say though, its not my cup of tea also don't remember anyone offering group buys with rough molds and incomplete products? lol *cough cough* JDP.
It's not incomplete. The initial kit is done. This was for test fit purposes before we make the final mold. I am offering the GB price because it will give us an idea of how many to order in our next container. Kills the wait time.

Originally Posted by slicktierney
Great looking nose, better than the stock. I am interested!. I would like to see it one color too.
I may have someone lined up to help us out with that request.

Originally Posted by Muster
I would like to see the wing
Yes sir, I know its in stock just gotta go look for it.

Originally Posted by jnesselroad
this is the kit that i originally wanted when i bought my fit. glad to see someone is finally at least trying to help out the usdm with it! it's exciting to see a work in progress, and i look forward to seeing the primed and painted product.
Got your PM, looking forward to working with you.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Former Vendor
Rear Add On Lip.

Name:  test3-5.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  128.9 KB
Name:  test2-5.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  157.4 KB
Name:  test1-5.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  159.0 KB

Old 11-15-2011, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=Extreme Dimensions;1049737]Thanks for your free advice. Although you are not even close to knowing what 90% of our customers want. People want to see fitment pictures first and foremost. If the kit doesn't fit then why would a person buy it? My intentions here are to give everyone a price breakdown and also to show proper test fit photos. I can get it painted for you but if it doesn't fit right then NO ONE will buy it. It's called baby steps, we are showing you the build and fitment. I am not opposed to getting it painted. But, it is not our responsibility to get it painted or offer wheels to someone. We are not doing this on a sponsorship level. This kit is for the masses. I can just as easily photo'chop this kit painted with wheels and make everything fit spot on, but I am here trying to show you raw, unedited pictures. So you know that you will not have any issues. Paint is done at a autobody/collision center. Thats not our forte. Regardless of what we are talking about here, I am sure I can find a more then willing local customer with a modified Fit (i.e. Wheels/Rims) to come down to our warehouse where we would offer him/her an exclusive discount on the kit if they get it painted and installed within a week. This is to satisfy those who seem to care more about paint then fitment.

Opinions are only that, opinions. Unless there's good reasons behind them. Stating that I don't know what 90% of customers what is an uneducated statement, since you don't know my stance in the automotive industry, which is selling of automobiles and aftermarket parts for the last 9 years, in addition to being SEMA member for the last 4.
No one at SEMA would bring a stock vehicle with just an aero kit without complimenting the vehicle with extras, at a bare minimum a set of wheels and an aftermarket suspension to lower the vehicle, regardless of who owns the car.
Your customers, the ones you are targeting, look at trade events like this to find the latests trends in the auto industry and what's new for the vehicles that they own. Stating that something is not your "forte" is a terrible way of looking at business, especially the automotive one. Most vehicles from different manufacturers, which are used to demo their products, are not 100% completed in house. You have other shops that do work as well. Whether you do the engine work, this shop does the paint work, the other does wheels and suspension set up, etc, that's all a part of getting into the market and will equal to a "finished and complete" product that will translate to good marketing. This does not only apply to cars either.
And a word of advice. Don't ever tell a customer that they don't know what theyre talking about. That is not a professional approach, nor the proper way to handle a response. I deal with dozens of customers a day, so this is something that I do know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Cornerstrike; 11-15-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions

You posted pics to show off "fitment" and post this? LOL that looks awful.

I've not seen anything that looks better than what comes on the sport anyways...this just looks like a cheap bodykit that you see half hanging off of cars going down the road.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:05 AM
me no like. too much rice.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:40 PM
any pics of the rear wing?

Old 11-15-2011, 02:05 PM
I like the rear add on. It's nice to have the option to not have the fake chrome exhaust outlets on either side. Now waiting to see the rear wing

Old 11-15-2011, 02:07 PM
member docccvp has the VIS made JDM mugen front end on his USDM fit so this is what it would look like if done properly:

Originally Posted by DocCCVp
VIS makes this bumper, it 's a replica of the JDM Mugen Front.

It is fiberglass and as far as fitment, it was a catastrophe. I do body work and paint and it took me countless hours. Lots of cutting out, lots of adding, lots of surface smoothing and prep.

My VIS kit didnt come with fog light mounts so I custom glassed mounts. The foglights I have in there are Raybrigs, stock from a 2005 Honda Element. =)

Ive glassed in SS brackets for the mounts so I can use the stock screws and clips to hold it tight.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Former Vendor
[quote=Cornerstrike;1050057]
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions
Thanks for your free advice. Although you are not even close to knowing what 90% of our customers want. People want to see fitment pictures first and foremost. If the kit doesn't fit then why would a person buy it? My intentions here are to give everyone a price breakdown and also to show proper test fit photos. I can get it painted for you but if it doesn't fit right then NO ONE will buy it. It's called baby steps, we are showing you the build and fitment. I am not opposed to getting it painted. But, it is not our responsibility to get it painted or offer wheels to someone. We are not doing this on a sponsorship level. This kit is for the masses. I can just as easily photo'chop this kit painted with wheels and make everything fit spot on, but I am here trying to show you raw, unedited pictures. So you know that you will not have any issues. Paint is done at a autobody/collision center. Thats not our forte. Regardless of what we are talking about here, I am sure I can find a more then willing local customer with a modified Fit (i.e. Wheels/Rims) to come down to our warehouse where we would offer him/her an exclusive discount on the kit if they get it painted and installed within a week. This is to satisfy those who seem to care more about paint then fitment.

Opinions are only that, opinions. Unless there's good reasons behind them. Stating that I don't know what 90% of customers what is an uneducated statement, since you don't know my stance in the automotive industry, which is selling of automobiles and aftermarket parts for the last 9 years, in addition to being SEMA member for the last 4.
No one at SEMA would bring a stock vehicle with just an aero kit without complimenting the vehicle with extras, at a bare minimum a set of wheels and an aftermarket suspension to lower the vehicle, regardless of who owns the car.
Your customers, the ones you are targeting, look at trade events like this to find the latests trends in the auto industry and what's new for the vehicles that they own. Stating that something is not your "forte" is a terrible way of looking at business, especially the automotive one. Most vehicles from different manufacturers, which are used to demo their products, are not 100% completed in house. You have other shops that do work as well. Whether you do the engine work, this shop does the paint work, the other does wheels and suspension set up, etc, that's all a part of getting into the market and will equal to a "finished and complete" product that will translate to good marketing. This does not only apply to cars either.
And a word of advice. Don't ever tell a customer that they don't know what theyre talking about. That is not a professional approach, nor the proper way to handle a response. I deal with dozens of customers a day, so this is something that I do know what I'm talking about.
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
You posted pics to show off "fitment" and post this? LOL that looks awful.

I've not seen anything that looks better than what comes on the sport anyways...this just looks like a cheap bodykit that you see half hanging off of cars going down the road.
My apologies if I came on rude, that wasn't my intention. I was just trying to say that Fitment over Paint is what a majority of our customers look for.

Originally Posted by SenBlue09
me no like. too much rice.
Fair enough, thank you for your input sir.

Originally Posted by 09blackfit
any pics of the rear wing?
Not yet, give me a few more days to get those together.

Originally Posted by AllBlkEvrythng10
I like the rear add on. It's nice to have the option to not have the fake chrome exhaust outlets on either side. Now waiting to see the rear wing
Thank you for that, I will get pics soon of the rear wing!

Originally Posted by neil patrick harris
member docccvp has the VIS made JDM mugen front end on his USDM fit so this is what it would look like if done properly:

Thank You for that!

Old 11-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Former Vendor
Name:  test1-6.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  56.9 KB
Name:  test2-6.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  55.2 KB
Name:  test3-6.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  36.3 KB
Name:  test4-2.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  48.4 KB
Name:  test5-1.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  55.2 KB
Name:  test6.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  29.1 KB

Quick Reply: OMG. Its here. Type M kit for the USDM Honda Fit GE!!