2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMG. Its here. Type M kit for the USDM Honda Fit GE!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
If you guys are making the kit custom, why don't you take out the plate mounting void? It looks great painted, but that's always been my one downside to this kit. I don't wanna put a euro plate on my Japanese car.

Kit looks good tho. You guys did a lot of work to it.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
I wish you guys the best with your creation and with your business, but honestly I don't remember the last time I saw a body kit on a car...

Old 11-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Excellent job!!, Extreme Dimensons. I like it.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jnesselroad
If you guys are making the kit custom, why don't you take out the plate mounting void? It looks great painted, but that's always been my one downside to this kit. I don't wanna put a euro plate on my Japanese car.

Kit looks good tho. You guys did a lot of work to it.
I understand and I've tried to convince upper management to change their minds but since the authentic front has those indents, ours will as well.

Originally Posted by Super Mario
I wish you guys the best with your creation and with your business, but honestly I don't remember the last time I saw a body kit on a car...
I guess it's all about where you live. You being in SD, I am surprised that you don't see more cars out there with aesthetic upgrades.

Originally Posted by slicktierney
Excellent job!!, Extreme Dimensons. I like it.
Thank you kind sir!

Old 12-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Bump, Still progressing? What happens next?

Old 12-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by slicktierney
Bump, Still progressing? What happens next?
The bumper is being sent out today to get the mold made, overseas of course. Won't be back for a few months. I will conduct a Group Buy on it soon!

Old 12-06-2011, 11:18 PM
i must have this!

Old 12-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by milanojazz
i must have this!
soon...

Old 12-07-2011, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
So theres no exhaust cutout? Sure hope nobodys bumper catches on fire.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
So theres no exhaust cutout? Sure hope nobodys bumper catches on fire.
But there is, you just have to take out the mesh:

Name:  test6.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  29.1 KB

Old 12-07-2011, 12:40 PM
For now I really dislike it and it looks kinda ricey. Hate to say it but most of the body kits you find these days have gone through ZERO R&D and probably produce higher drag on the vehicle than stock. I guess its great if you are just going for good looks though. Have you guys done any testing on these kits or are they aesthetic only?

Last edited by Fits-Tight; 12-07-2011 at 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-07-2011, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
A black mesh on that would look really good, IMO.

Thanks for posting the pictures! It's good to see what ideas others have for how the car should look!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions
But there is, you just have to take out the mesh:

That's my point...it doesn't come out even with the bumper..its coming out in front of the bumper even...it being hot exhaust gases.

I just don't see that mesh and the bumper eventually holding up well. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:14 PM
IMO the mesh front bumper just reminds me of an older svt focus

Old 12-08-2011, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
3 words, Fuck Fake Parts.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:19 AM
This is one of the dumbest damn things I have ever seen.

Who buys these gaudy body kits?

You guys could've developed attractive, functional aero parts and made a killing. Like a freaking rear diffuser for the USDM Fits or a belly pan, wheel well vents, front chin spoiler, canards, etc.

This stuff just reminds me of the "Fast and Furious" epidemic where every 16 year old and their bro's went and bro'd it out in their mad tyte JDM non-turbo 2G eclipses, yo.

We don't need more trashy looking Fits. The chicken wire just screams Vatozone special.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 12-09-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Talking Lmao!

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
This is one of the dumbest damn things I have ever seen.

Who buys these gaudy body kits?

You guys could've developed attractive, functional aero parts and made a killing. Like a freaking rear diffuser for the USDM Fits or a belly pan, wheel well vents, front chin spoiler, canards, etc.

This stuff just reminds me of the "Fast and Furious" epidemic where every 16 year old and their bro's went and bro'd it out in their mad tyte JDM non-turbo 2G eclipses, yo.

We don't need more trashy looking Fits. The chicken wire just screams Vatozone special.
You said what I was thinking! My previous question was "any R&D been done or is this just for looks"?

Old 12-12-2011, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fits-Tight
You said what I was thinking! My previous question was "any R&D been done or is this just for looks"?
I think someone had such a lack of common sense to previously ask if this has been "aero tested".....

That's all I have to say. Glad I'm not the only one shaking their head at this.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor
This kit isn't for everyone, I admit. Well I say to each his/her own. If you don't like it you are more then welcome to express your thoughts on this thread, try to keep the dirty language to a minimum though. As far as R&D, sorry gents but we don't have a wind tunnel here, nor do we have time to take out each one of our 7000+ parts on a track to check for whatever it is that you are looking for, down force? cooling? etc etc. We are not working with million dollar cars here, but I do understand the need for track ready aero upgrades for your Fit. It's way too expensive and the return is never enough to cover costs. After all if we were to do the testing everyone here requires, no one would be pay the $3000-$5000 we'd be asking after all the R&D is done, you can get another Fit for a little over that. We try to be economical here, try to bring the best of Japan to the locals of the states.

If you think of it this way, we did some R and some D on getting this to fit on the USDM GE. Give us a bit of credit for that. I hope the people that are disappointed in this kit can appreciate this sometime down the line. Thanks!

Old 12-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Meh... Cool I guess. Good point about spending $3-$5K on body parts, that would be plain ridiculous, and you probably would sell NONE! Unless you could make my car fly and float on water. All jokes aside, It may be right up someones alley and I don't wan't to deter anyone from making their vehicle just exactly how they want it. Good luck and keep us updated about your other new goodies. Especially if you can make my car fly!

Quick Reply: OMG. Its here. Type M kit for the USDM Honda Fit GE!!