2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GD carpet floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
GD carpet floor mats

I know most people were disappointed with the all weather floor mats mostly due to them burning a hole through the driver side mat. My heel kept getting snagged on mine because of the hole so I decided to look into some new floor mats.

I didn't want to spend more than $100 on new floor mats and really didn't feel like dishing out $200 for the Weather Techs either.

Found these on ebay for less than $50 with free shipping. I searched through ebay for at least an hour and couldn't find another floor mat that had the built in locking mechanism, other than OEM Hondas and the Weather Techs, but even then the WeatherTechs don't really lock in place. They are just kind of placed on top.

So I thought I'd share some photos of my find. These have a pretty solid construction for the price and I don't think I will be burning a hole through this one any time soon lol! What can I say, I am impressed with these. My old Civic had carpet mats and I've always liked the look of them. The rear mats have a built in velcro tab to help it stay in place which is a nice bonus. Also, the embroidered Japanese flag adds cool points. They are also available in red.

Name:  DSC_0329.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  93.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0333.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  71.3 KB
Name:  DSC_0332.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  78.3 KB
Name:  DSC_0323.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  50.3 KB

Picture of my dog for shits and giggles. She's an English Cream Golden Retriever.

Here's the link if you are interested! Let me know what you guys think.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Old 04-21-2012, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
Looks like they fit well enough. Did the tabs line up from the old oem ones on the drivers side, or are those just the holes? Opens up some options for us GE folks in the aftermarket (if you aren't too picky about them being an exact fit.)

Old 04-21-2012, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
Looks like they fit well enough. Did the tabs line up from the old oem ones on the drivers side, or are those just the holes? Opens up some options for us GE folks in the aftermarket (if you aren't too picky about them being an exact fit.)
To answer your question, the mats pretty much fit exactly like my all weathers. The passenger side is just a tad bit smaller in length, maybe 1/2" compared to my all weathers.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Good find. I have ran the Weater Techs this past winter here in Wisconsin, not liking them. Needed to add some absorbent material padding at the front because of them being short under the pedals...AND most of all, shoe tread would pickup the edge of the mat during shifts. I like my stock carpet mats (GE
), but needed a good bucket mat for our winters. And yes, Weather Techs do not lock down (so called DigitalFit) that's why I'd consider a second set of carpet mats for that price.

Last edited by RA FAN; 04-21-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RA FAN
Good find. I have ran the Weater Techs this past winter here in Wisconsin, not liking them. Needed to add some absorbent material padding at the front because of them being short under the pedals...AND most of all, shoe tread would pickup the edge of the mat during shifts. I like my stock carpet mats (GE
), but needed a good bucket mat for our winters. And yes, Weather Techs do not lock down (so called DigitalFit) that's why I'd consider a second set of carpet mats for that price.
I considered getting the weather techs for a very long time. At least for me, if I'm gonna pay that kind of price I need to see them first. I figured if I didn't like the ones I got on ebay for $50 I wouldn't be too butt-hurt

Old 04-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Just bought said mats above. For $50 bucks...geeez. If you really are looking at the Weathers..find someone else that has them and see for yourself. For me, I would NOT recomend them to a friend.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Just bought said mats above. For $50 bucks...geeez. If you really are looking at the Weathers..find someone else that has them and see for yourself. For me, I would NOT recomend them to a friend.
Sorry, I'm abit confused. Which one are you not recommending, the $50 ebay mat or the WeatherTechs? I'm about to purchase the WeatherTech DigitalFits soon, so yeah.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:57 PM
I bought the carpet mats from ebay as a second set of carpet mats. I also have a set of Weather Tech digitalFit which I'm not all that happy with. The WT's do a good job at holding snow/water and dirt, I just don't like how the drivers side mat fits.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Those look great!