2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7 Months Of Ownership

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
If its road debris that is breaking things on your car could you just call your insurance agent, or call the city and said hey they is shit in the road and it broke my car fix it. I know if I hit a pot hole on a main street I can get the city to replace it for me I may have to bitch about but its better then saying its because the fog lights are to low.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
OK...enough is enough! I went to my insurance company and unfortunately the laws here in CA SUCK! When it comes to road debris, it is considered an "at fault" issue. Meaning, if the $$ amount goes over a specific value you stand the chance of your rates increasing if the claim exceeds that amount. So...I dropped the claims. As for the towns paying up for their crap roads...good luck here...they are all broke and claims are either backlogged or in beurocratic limbo until finances are better. Which in short leaves me NO choice but to fix it out of my own pocket. The fact that my side skirt was damaged from road debis, here were my choices...a head on crash to the left or a flooded ditch to the right. As for the busted foglamp...it was noticed here recently. It is low to the ground and an easy target. As for everybody thinking I am a tailgater...tailgate me and you WILL get brake checked rapidly. I am NOT and NEVER will be a tailgater and is something I despise. I am a good driver and will NOT be intimidated on the road by some punk ass 20 something fry cook tailgating me. I am just hopeful some of the information I have gathered will be of use to somebody some day. In my eyes, it was chicken shi* of Honda to only service the part as an assy. This in turn makes it very expensive to replace. The part itself is a VERY replaceable part and SHOULD be available seperately. So, in the end I will be biting the bullet and purchasing the part...as an assy. I will be using Headlight Armor on both and hoping it does not happen again. That is all I am going to say...case closed!

Last edited by rcbanni; 09-02-2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Spelling Corrections
Old 09-02-2012, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
I have only been out my $1000 deductible for the $2000 in damages from a shredded tire tread slung off of an 18 wheeler as I was changing lanes and had no way to avoid it... My fog lights survived as did my A/C condenser though it was replaced because it was kind of U shaped but still worked... Personally I would have been much better off with a base model Fit... The car itself could stand to be a couple of inches lower but the dumb ass lower cladding is truly nothing but eye candy that serves no real function but give the illusion of a lowered aerodynamically designed car.. You guys that say the reason people that think the sport models have inadequate ground clearance are doing something wrong are full of shit... You can come down to where I have to drive and experience having to reattach the front bumper to your fenders every time you enter a parking lot or drive way... Three body shop owners have told me that it is seldom that they see sporty looking cars of any make that doesn't have damaged front lower lips... There are pieces of plastic cladding littering the sides of rural roads all over this state.... I think the reason there is more of a problem with the front lip on Fits making contact with the ground when approaching an incline is due to the legislated bumper requirements in the US... It is much farther in front of the front axle than the Asian and European marketed cars... It's a lot like driving a tractor with a front end loader on undulating terrain except you can't push a lever and raise a front bumper. The fog lights only being sold as a complete unit is a dirty deal...

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 09-03-2012 at 12:01 AM.