2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Car alarm?

Can the car alarm be hooked up to the honda key or does it have to have its own clicker.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
Are you talking the factory alarm or after market?

Old 11-08-2012, 10:29 PM
well does it already come with a factory alarm?

Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Starsceam
well does it already come with a factory alarm?
Yes. At least the Sport does. Not sure about the Base.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Tk3
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hogwylde
Yes. At least the Sport does. Not sure about the Base.
I have a 2013 Base....it came with the factory alarm as standard equipment.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:12 PM
isnt that just the keyless entries

Old 11-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Factory Alarm is unsubstantial and only works when a window is broken (and a door handle is pulled from the inside), or the hood is pryed open.

If you want to know your fit is truly safe, get a Viper 5704 installed. Shock sensor (factory doesnt have it) Tilt sensor (factory doesn't have it) glass and proximity sensor (nope) installed it myself and i get real time updates from my car to my key fob about temperature, weather its locked, can remote start it, the list goes on.

Highly recommend it. Factory alarms dont do jack, I can attest to 2 break ins, where the first was successful (smashed passenger window) and a second which failed because they hit the car window, and the shock sensor warned them with 8 chirps. they took off, and i ran out with a bat when i get a notification on the Fob.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Colincarguy
Factory Alarm is unsubstantial and only works when a window is broken (and a door handle is pulled from the inside), or the hood is pryed open.

If you want to know your fit is truly safe, get a Viper 5704 installed. Shock sensor (factory doesnt have it) Tilt sensor (factory doesn't have it) glass and proximity sensor (nope) installed it myself and i get real time updates from my car to my key fob about temperature, weather its locked, can remote start it, the list goes on.

Highly recommend it. Factory alarms dont do jack, I can attest to 2 break ins, where the first was successful (smashed passenger window) and a second which failed because they hit the car window, and the shock sensor warned them with 8 chirps. they took off, and i ran out with a bat when i get a notification on the Fob.
Hum... do you work in sales? Cause it sounds a LOT like a sales pitch. Though, I'll admit, I do have that exact alarm/remote starter.

On little issue I have is that it doesn't disable the factory FOB for my Sport. Why is it an issue? Cause early on, out of habit, I would hit the unlock on my key FOB with the Viper armed... which triggers the Viper to do a quick warning and then go into full alarm blast. I keep thinking I can prevent the blast by pressing buttons on the Viper's FOB, but no success yet.

The only two solutions I can think of (aside from reminding myself to not use the key FOB), is to unprogram the key FOB or to yank the keyless entry module. I don't know what other effects there might be from yanking the module, so I'm very hesitant about doing that. So I think the un-programming the FOB part might be a better solution, though I haven't gotten around to it.

FYI, the GE Fits have always come with the module... it was just the earlier years ('09, '10, etc) didn't come with the key FOB to make use of it on the base trim. But you could buy the key FOB and then program it to the car.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Goobers
On little issue I have is that it doesn't disable the factory FOB for my Sport. Why is it an issue? Cause early on, out of habit, I would hit the unlock on my key FOB with the Viper armed... which triggers the Viper to do a quick warning and then go into full alarm blast. I keep thinking I can prevent the blast by pressing buttons on the Viper's FOB, but no success yet.

The only two solutions I can think of (aside from reminding myself to not use the key FOB), is to unprogram the key FOB or to yank the keyless entry module. I don't know what other effects there might be from yanking the module, so I'm very hesitant about doing that. So I think the un-programming the FOB part might be a better solution, though I haven't gotten around to it.
Couldn't you just take the battery out of the factory key fob? IIRC the ignition immobilizer is a completely separate unit, and doesn't need the battery to operate. If it did, you wouldn't be able to start your car when the key fob battery died to go to the store/dealer to get a replacement.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator
I have the same alarm system and the shop wired it up so i can use they key fob or the viper key chain to arm/unarm.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DrewE
Couldn't you just take the battery out of the factory key fob? IIRC the ignition immobilizer is a completely separate unit, and doesn't need the battery to operate. If it did, you wouldn't be able to start your car when the key fob battery died to go to the store/dealer to get a replacement.
oh, I hadn't thought about that. Good idea.

A few other alternatives, that I did think about... getting a base key cut. The base trim for 2010 anyway, was smaller since it didn't have the FOB body. I kinda like this idea to remove the overall bulk of my keys, just not feeling like paying for it. The other idea, was to see if I could mate the factory key blade and Viper FOB into one module, similar to the DIY switchblade mod on the forum. Have no idea how to even start to do that though.

Originally Posted by xxryu139x
I have the same alarm system and the shop wired it up so i can use they key fob or the viper key chain to arm/unarm.
really? That's interesting. Might have to research that too.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Colincarguy
Factory Alarm is unsubstantial...
Those factory alarms are really useless, I tottally agree with Colincarguy. But sometimes aftermarket models can be even worse. Some thieves use code grabbers, so it's better to avoid alarms at all.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:26 AM
I dont work in sales, im just a satisfied customer. car alerted me tonight to somebody messing around with the car. They were taking a peek a little to close and the car decided to warn them they were a tad close.