2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

How to install a Digital tilt and shock sensor in my Honda Fit Factory Alarm

Old 12-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Question How to install a Digital tilt and shock sensor in my Honda Fit Factory Alarm

Hello,

I recently was victim of wheels thieves. They took all the wheel from my Honda Fit Sport 2012. I made some research and appart of use wheels locks, they recommend to put a tilt and shock sensor.

My car has the Honda Factory Alarm, and I'm pretty short of money to get a Viper system for example, so I was hoping to know if I can install the Dei 507m digital tilt sensor, for example, to my factory alarm. is this possible? Same question for the shock sensor.

If the answer is yes, where can I found information about how to do it? Can anyone tell me where is the alarm unit located in the Honda Fit? Has anyone do this to his factory car alarm?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Alejandro

Old 12-11-2012, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
I also got the McGard's & kept the Honda one on also. (3 McGards, and 1 OEM lock per wheel).

As for the alarm, it's a nuisance that the factory alarm doesn't detect movement, or glass breaking, apparently it's a common complaint for many other car brand owners.
Originally Posted by FitStir
After a google search I found that quite a few car owners have done this.
Lexus Forum
Infinity FX35/45 Forum
Infinity G35 Install
BMW E46 Forum
VW Forum

I guess the DEI add on would be the best option for those wanting to keep the OEM alarm but add on a motion sensor.
The solution for those owners was to add on an aftermarket DEI sensor such as:
506T Audio Glass Sensor
504M OEM Shock/Impact Sensor
504K Motion Sensor

I never got this done YET, as I would have no idea which wire to tap, but definitely plan on doing this as soon as I finish a few other things first; this way I can have a pro installer do it along with some other electrical goodies (reverse side mirror tilt , and all windows up when locking ) . That might be a good option for you. Personally I'd be happy if the alarm goes off when the glass breaks, or from motion of someone jacking the car up to steal the rims. Really like the remote start, and beeper function, but .... doh... more remotes
The info might be a little dated.... but as I've mentioned I've seen this mod done to factory alarms many times... just now a google search yielded many different types of cars doing this mod.

The only down side is you'd have to know which wires to tap, or have a pro install it.

If you can get the Service manual (there's a thread on here somewhere), it should be easier to pinpoint the connection points. I haven't gotten around to doing it since I've been garaging my car, but it's still on my to-do list.

Old 12-27-2017, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
I've installed a shock sensor to my factory alarm on my 9thgenacord. I'm going to install it on my 2012 Honda Fit as well. I've used a DEI 504D shock sensor and hooked it up with a relay and 2 add a fuse. The trigger wire was tapped to the door switch. I just need to find the wiring diagram for the Honda Fit so I can figure out which wire is the door switch wire on the BCM on the fit.

Here is the DIY tutorial I did on the install: