2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda Fit Windshield Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 02:59 AM
Honda Fit Windshield Replacement

A stone jumped up and hit my windshield which chipped it. That chip turned into a large crack. I am very anal about what is put on or gets done to my car so my first thought was calling the dealership. Unfortunately, the Honda OEM windshield costs $700 and I couldnt justify paying that much.

So I did some research and found there were two other types of glass besides OEM. There is the low-grade (Safeflite) and then mid-grade which is getting a windshield which is made by a company who usually makes glass for Honda vehicles. I went with the mid-grade option and the windshield was made by a company called APTECH. I did some research and they did make glass for some Honda vehicles in the past.

The windshield they put in was actually very good and I could not tell the difference between the original and the one put in. Of course, the one put in did not say Honda in the lower left corner. In fact, I think the one they put in is better. Somehow there is a little more of a tint on this windshield then the original which is more favorable to me.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member
Here we go again...

All of the windshields I've had replaced came from Honda directly (Except for the Altima). Most expensive one was the ridgeline with the heated wiper area. total cost with install, oil change, inspection was under $500. In the Winter, we lower our Deductible to $250 for this reason.

In NY, you can get Glass coverage which is worth it, especially in upstate.

~SB

Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 AM

front windshield has tons of other parts. its best to have complete assembly when getting it replaced.

as far as i know dealership offers special discounts. prices they have posted is the SRP they can still lower it. just give them a ring.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:25 PM
I actually found one via Angie's List and paid about $250 in parts and labor to replace the cracked windshield (not from a chip but on its own) on 2009 Fit. The glass looks the same. It happened to be the shop that my dealer refers windshield repairs to.

As to insurance, mine does not offer separate glass coverage but only 0 deductible on comprehensive.

I am just going to consider windshield replacement as one of "consumables" on the Fit.