2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

&^%$#*()!?! "Road Snakes"

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DaveFL
Exactly what I hit, in S. Carolina on a trip north, mine was just a bit shorter but was standing on edge too, felt it hit the front and pass under the car, stopped at motel a couple of miles later and assessed the damage, had duct tape, wire and super glue, put it back together an continued on. Both fog lights damaged but repairable, scuffs on bumper cleaned up.
Considered us lucky the air bags didn't deploy.

I figured it was less damage than deductible of insurance so why bother.
But now I know why it costs more to insure the Fit than a Mercury Grand Marquis.

We need extra height to be able to pass over something the width of truck tire or a parking lot bump stop.
One reason why I have ignored the usual advice to 'lower it"
Tow truck driver was also suprised the air bags did not go off, but the sensors are located higher up, at about the level of the license plate. The impact was below that, so they were not affected.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Got the car back today! It was actually finished yesterday but my work shift kept me from being able to go get it before they closed for the day. Everything looks good, did not do any suspension damage but they re-aligned the front anyway.
Forgot to bring the radio code with me, so I had to trundle back home for that. Since I was home, I went ahead & took off the fog lights & brought them inside (where it is warmer) to put on the Headlight Armor overlays I got while waiting for the work to be done. Went with the GT yellow this time, will see what difference that makes tonight.
Now to call Ian & Michael @ Mekatron for the 70k service I was going to arrange for this week before I hit that chunk of rubber!

Old 01-09-2013, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Whoops- small glitch. Picked up a rattle & creak under the car- back to the body shop- loose heat shield. 15mins and all fixed. Hopefully no other issues come up...

Old 01-09-2013, 06:36 PM
I know your PAIN!!!
i got my 12 Fit Sport last july, 4 weeks later it got towed..... because i forgot to put my permit on when i visit my parents' apt complex, and next thing you know, it was towed and i found damage on the back hatch and bumper cover..
good thing i work for and have AAA insurance also..
they replaced the bumper cover and repair the hatch and etc... all OEM parts... so i cant really complain LOL and knowing that AAA covers the repair work as long as i own the car, i am satisfy. it was my first claim too.. stupid tow truck!

glad you got your car back.

i also got the GT yellow vinyl film for my fog light, i got it from headlight armor. i am sure you will like it, make time for some yellow fogs bulb now haha